Benny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Benny

Games announced include:

• Zelda a link to the past 3DS (all new game set in link to the past world, top down polygonal graphics)
  • Yoshi's island 3DS
  • Mario and Donkey kong minis on the movie 3DS
  • Game and Wario 3DS
  • Mario and Luigi dream team 3DS
  • Mario Golf World Tour 3DS
  • Mario Party 3DS
  • Donkey Kong Country returns 3DS (remake of wii game)
  • Shin Megami Tensei 4 3DS July 16th (I think?) comes with CD soundtrack and all kinds of stuff

As well as

Earthbound coming to Wii-U e-shop

Oracle of Ages & Seasons coming to 3DS shop

Level 5 guild01 trio of games coming to US 3DS shop

More info here.

tread311

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 7

I was really excited when they said a follow up to LTTP, then immediately disappointed at the art style and gameplay gimmick. Nintendo man.

Benny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tread311 said:

I was really excited when they said a follow up to LTTP, then immediately disappointed at the art style and gameplay gimmick. Nintendo man.

I'm cautiously optimistic, I think a lot of people wanted a Majora's Mask 3D remake though.

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

=( I completely forgot that this was happening.

Anyway, I'd prefer they stuck with pixels for the LTTP game; the graphics in Minish Cap were wonderful.

tread311

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 7

#5  Edited By tread311

LTTP is my favorite Zelda so if they are putting that name on it my expectations are very high. What they showed didn't do much for me but I hope it's great.

SaFt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By SaFt

So does this mean that the price of the actual physical copies of Earthbound will go down? Because as it is now it's beyond ridiculous.

Benny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Benny

@saft: probably, though I'd assume anyone that wanted it this bad would have downloaded a Rom.

Edit: Maybe this interest will drive the price up, who knows.

EXTomar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I want Nintendo to try to do a Link To The Past 2 but I'm not exactly excited for it.

alanm26v5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#9  Edited By alanm26v5

@benny said:

@tread311 said:

I'm cautiously optimistic, I think a lot of people wanted a Majora's Mask 3D remake though.

I'll take a new game over a remake any day. But yeah that wall stuff looked really odd.

Oh I should ask, was there any Wii U news besides Earthbound? I tuned in late.

Will1Lucky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Will1Lucky

Oh man....looks like the gameplay from Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks. I couldn't finish Spirit Tracks it was that bad, think I'll pass I'm not putting myself through that again.

Someone tell me when Majoras Mask gets a remake and isn't top down.

RE_Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

After they fucked up Paper Mario on 3DS, biggest waste of money on a game ever for me since I usually never buy day 1, I will tread cautiously with this.

FierceDeity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By FierceDeity

@tread311 said:

I think the art style is fantastic.

wwfundertaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 25

Im very excited for SMT iv, the final Professor Layton and Bravely default. Did they say all 3 of these games are coming this year for Europe or im i dreaming.

cloudymusic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#14  Edited By cloudymusic

LTTP 2? Nintendo, I know you're hurting for money and mining your fans for nostalgia is a pretty easy cash grab, but man. It feels like they're just namedropping for the sake of namedropping at this point.

I also find it kinda odd that people continually get so hyped up over Virtual Console announcements.

probablytuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By probablytuna

Not liking the polygonal look, they should've stuck with 2D pixels.

And if it's Year of the Luigi, should they make a Luigi Party and Luigi Golf World Tour?! CLEARLY THEY ARE LYING.

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Think I've learned my lesson from previous Zelda games. Its the same shit.

ElixirBronze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By ElixirBronze

Apparently Brad was very quick to shed disappointment over this announcement. I feel like it's a little bit of double standards on his part; hasn't he been craving for a WW sequel for a long time now? Or am I mixing Brad with someone else? Also every entertainment company in the history of ever does sequels to revered products, but when Nintendo does, it's suddenly "lazy" and "desperate".

SaFt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By SaFt

@benny: Oh god let's hope that's not the case. I mean it doesn't even seem to be all that rare with all these copies floating around on ebay, almost all for $200 and above for cartridge only.

EnduranceFun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By EnduranceFun

@elixirbronze: LttP2? Nah, don't need any more information that that, it's bound to be terrible.

But DmC? Sign Mr. Shoemaker up, GotY contender!

This looked pretty interesting in my opinion, I don't get the negativity. Dream Team, Yoshi's Island, Mario Party and Bravely Default could be good too. I'm pretty excited for the rest of the year owning a 3DS.

casper_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By casper_

cool but sometimes feels like nintendo is crushed under the weight of their own franchises.

StarFoxA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 12

#21  Edited By StarFoxA

Alright, really happy that I recently grabbed a 3DS.

CreepingDeath0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By CreepingDeath0
@elixirbronze said: hasn't he been craving for a WW sequel for a long time now?
That'd be Phantom Hourglass....
I was really excited about a LTTP sequel when I first heard about it. After watching the video though... that art style really doesn't sit well with me, and the 2D wall gimmick thing doesn't seem especially strong. I would've much preferred a Majora's Mask 3D but it's still a Zelda game, so it'll still be a day one purchase for me.
Let's just hope they've gotten rid of the whole "returning to one central dungeon repeatedly" thing that plagued the last 2 original handheld games.
EXTomar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Apparently Brad was very quick to shed disappointment over this announcement. I feel like it's a little bit of double standards on his part; hasn't he been craving for a WW sequel for a long time now? Or am I mixing Brad with someone else? Also every entertainment company in the history of ever does sequels to revered products, but when Nintendo does, it's suddenly "lazy" and "desperate".

What is the double standard? That Brad can feel differently about two different games?

ElixirBronze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By ElixirBronze

@extomar: What you're describing isn't a double standard. The double standard is that he's been asking for a zelda sequel previously, but now that they're making one - of a different zelda title - it's lazy and desperate according to him.

@creepingdeath0: I think he explicitly said once that phantom hourglass and spirit tracks aren't "proper" sequels, again I could be mistaking Brad for someone else, in which case I will gladly stand corrected.

Slag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 45

#25  Edited By Slag

I dunno , LttP2 looks alright. I'll probably buy it..

The name however is pretty strange change for the series. It's almost enough to make me worried about it. I hope Nintendo actually has a reason beyond marketing for the tie in.

Wonder if it has something to do with the now official Zelda Timeline.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@benny said:

@tread311 said:

I don't understand these people at all. Are they really so fixated on their youth that they'd rather have Grezzo throw together another 3D remake that is mostly just the same game with some updated polygonal models and higher quality textures? People really prefer that, over Nintendo taking another stab at making a new handheld Zelda? That just seems sad.

Even if it turns out to be a failure, I'd rather that Nintendo make another original Zelda game than crap out another HD remake. I love Majora's Mask too, but c'mon, it's on the Wii's Virtual Console. I don't need the pandering of a pointless HD remake.

Slag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 45

Avatar image for mariachimacabre
MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#28  Edited By MariachiMacabre

@elixirbronze: LttP2? Nah, don't need any more information that that, it's bound to be terrible.

This looked pretty interesting in my opinion, I don't get the negativity. Dream Team, Yoshi's Island, Mario Party and Bravely Default could be good too. I'm pretty excited for the rest of the year owning a 3DS.

Christ, you're still going on about DmC? Man, get over it. He liked the game. This is just getting sad now.

49th

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#29  Edited By 49th

It looks a lot like the DS games both in the art style and the gameplay, not that I mind though since I really enjoyed those games. I guess I just don't see the relation to LTTP.

EnduranceFun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By EnduranceFun

@mariachimacabre said:

@endurancefun said:

Christ, you're still going on about DmC? Man, get over it. He liked the game. This is just getting sad now.

World class projection. Clearly you've "gotten over it."

kishinfoulux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Zelda artstyle is horrible. Why couldn't they just use sprites like the original LTTP?

Superkenon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

@elixirbronze: You left out the part where he said "the game itself may end up being amazing," so clearly he's not writing it off, more just commenting that YO GUYS, A NEW LINK TO THE PAST IS COMING kinda has the look of desperation.

I think that's understandable. I'm personally looking forward to seeing how it turns out.

SaFt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There's something VERY off about Yoshi in the footage they showed. Is it a sprite Donkey Kong Country style? Because it sure looks like it.

I can understand why they decided to use sprites instead of polygonal models in Mario and Luigi since they're going to have a lot of Luigis on screen at the same time. But looks very strange and stiff, might just be a work in progress thing.

EnduranceFun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

Videos are in. Game looks incredible.

Benny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@endurancefun: The 2D mechanic is like the inverse of Fez. Game looks fantastic, I think people are getting way too bent out of shape over the name as if it made a difference.

EXTomar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@extomar: What you're describing isn't a double standard. The double standard is that he's been asking for a zelda sequel previously, but now that they're making one - of a different zelda title - it's lazy and desperate according to him.

@creepingdeath0: I think he explicitly said once that phantom hourglass and spirit tracks aren't "proper" sequels, again I could be mistaking Brad for someone else, in which case I will gladly stand corrected.

Again where is the double standard? Brad has two different opinions about two different games where one he wants a sequel to while the other he doesn't. It is no different than wanting a sequel to Black Ops over CoD.

Gaff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saft said:

There's something VERY off about Yoshi in the footage they showed. Is it a sprite Donkey Kong Country style? Because it sure looks like it.

I can understand why they decided to use sprites instead of polygonal models in Mario and Luigi since they're going to have a lot of Luigis on screen at the same time. But looks very strange and stiff, might just be a work in progress thing.

Everything in Yoshi's Island 3DS and LttP2 looks like it leapt straight out of early "polygonal" games from the 90s. Something like...

Loading Video...

Krockett

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Krockett

The internet is a weird beast, Nintendo at this point is damn if they do damn if they don't. If they try something new people would say "Just do X, X is what people want. X will make you tons of money!" but when they do X people call it pandering and Desperate.

If I said this once I'll say it a hundred times. All these announcemesnts prove is if you are a "Old School" Nintendo fan, the 3DS is your best bet right now(Fire Emblem, Luigis Mansion, Animal Crossing, Kid Icuarus, and now a new LTTP). Nintendo is trying to give us what we want!

Its like the internet is a bitchy ex who was going to leave in the first place but makes all these demands just to watch you struggle! Its fucking madness!

MideonNViscera

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@msavo said:

After they fucked up Paper Mario on 3DS, biggest waste of money on a game ever for me since I usually never buy day 1, I will tread cautiously with this.

haha So glad I passed on that one due to personal turmoil distracting me.

Avatar image for deactivated-590b7522e5236
deactivated-590b7522e5236

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

Videos are in. Game looks incredible.

ehhh i dnno looks a little too new super mario bros/ devoid of any style.

bobafettjm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 69

While I would have preferred the SNES style look to the Zelda game I am still pretty darn happy about every one of these games announced.

FancySoapsMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#43  Edited By FancySoapsMan

Fuck, there's a lot of negative motherfuckers in here.

More Zelda is almost always good news. I can't wait.

Krockett

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fancysoapsman said:

Fuck, there's a lot of negative motherfuckers in here.

More Zelda is almost always good news. I can't wait.

Me either, I don't understand the cynicism!

ElixirBronze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@extomar said:

@elixirbronze said:

Again where is the double standard? Brad has two different opinions about two different games where one he wants a sequel to while the other he doesn't. It is no different than wanting a sequel to Black Ops over CoD.

Really? I'll try to spell it out for you as best I can... Double standards is when someone has different opinions for two seemingly indifferent camps... usually this is used in conjunction with women and women's freedom as compared to men's e.g. 'Men are allowed to vote, why aren't women?' and the like. In this case I'm talking about Brad's opinion that the IDEA of a sequel to LTTP is inherently lazy and desperate, while at the same time, having asked for a sequel to Wind Waker previously implying that that wouldn't be desperate at all. Picture Wind Waker being the 'man' here and LTTP the 'woman', clear enough?

Again I'm not talking about his opinion regarding any game's quality I believe you just made that up.

SaFt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By SaFt

@gaff: Exactly what i was thinking. It reminded me very much of the character/kart sprites from Mario Kart 64. It looks like a cheap eshop game rather than a packaged retail product from Nintendo.

MedalOfMode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm happy because I have a 3DS

Chibithor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Chibithor

@extomar said:

@elixirbronze said:

Really? I'll try to spell it out for you as best I can... Double standards is when someone has different opinions for two seemingly indifferent camps... usually this is used in conjunction with women and women's freedom as compared to men's e.g. 'Men are allowed to vote, why aren't women?' and the like. In this case I'm talking about Brad's opinion that the IDEA of a sequel to LTTP is inherently lazy and desperate, while at the same time, having asked for a sequel to Wind Waker previously implying that that wouldn't be desperate at all. Picture Wind Waker being the 'man' here and LTTP the 'woman', clear enough?

Again I'm not talking about his opinion regarding any game's quality I believe you just made that up.

Wanting a sequel doesn't mean it wouldn't be lazy. I'm sure there are people who both want this game bad and think that it's super lazy of Nintendo, I don't think they contradict each other.

Swiftopian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Swiftopian

Yeah I don't think I like the aesthetic of this at all. It has no edge to it. It's all just very bland, which I unfortunately feel has been most of Nintendo's newer games.

Personally, the game I'm waiting for a is new 2D Metroid.

EXTomar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By EXTomar

@elixirbronze said:
@extomar said:

@elixirbronze said:

And again I have to write out: where is the double standard? Brad can think this game is lazy while still wanting a sequel. Why do you think it is impossible for someone to think like this or that it is a problem? In fact it sounds like Brad wants a LTTP sequel that looks and behaves like something else.