Top videogame tracks. Part 3

jimbo_n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

User Lists: 7

Edited By jimbo_n

So its been a while since a made a proper list. I like to go back from time to time and look at gaming and its ability to create unique experiences. The time has come for music again. This time I´m doing it with a twist tho. I´m going to single out specific tracks instead of whole soundtracks. I´m going to look at the song´s composition, its placement within the game, its ability to create a certain mood and the power of being remembered.
As usual theres really no right way to create such a list so keep in mind that this is only one version of a list that might have looked differently had I made it at a different date. 
Ive also tried to not pick the most obvious ones. It remains to see however, if I will succeed at this or not.
But I´ve thought long and hard and my hope is that it will at least be interesting.  
Feel free to add your own aswell !
------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

Number 9: 
The Darkness, Xbox 360, Battle Music

Number 8: 
Deus Ex, PC, The Synapse

Number 7: 
The Legend of Zelda, NES, Overworld 

Number 6: 
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, NES, Opening

Number 5: 
Monkey Island 2: Le Chuck´s Revenge, PC, Opening 

Check out Part 1 (20-15) & Part 2 (14-10) if you missed them.
Stay tuned for Part 4 !
Dont forget to create your own lists !
Spread the joy of videogame soundtracks ! 

jimbo_n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By jimbo_n

So its been a while since a made a proper list. I like to go back from time to time and look at gaming and its ability to create unique experiences. The time has come for music again. This time I´m doing it with a twist tho. I´m going to single out specific tracks instead of whole soundtracks. I´m going to look at the song´s composition, its placement within the game, its ability to create a certain mood and the power of being remembered.
As usual theres really no right way to create such a list so keep in mind that this is only one version of a list that might have looked differently had I made it at a different date. 
Ive also tried to not pick the most obvious ones. It remains to see however, if I will succeed at this or not.
But I´ve thought long and hard and my hope is that it will at least be interesting.  
Feel free to add your own aswell !

Number 9: 
The Darkness, Xbox 360, Battle Music

Number 8: 
Deus Ex, PC, The Synapse

Number 7: 
The Legend of Zelda, NES, Overworld 

Number 6: 

Number 5: 
Monkey Island 2: Le Chuck´s Revenge, PC, Opening 

Check out Part 1 (20-15) & Part 2 (14-10) if you missed them.
Stay tuned for Part 4 !
Dont forget to create your own lists !
Spread the joy of videogame soundtracks ! 

Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By Diamond
@Jimbo_N said:

Number 6: 

I don't know about any of these being my favorites, but this one is indeed awesome.  I used to let the title screen just sit and sit, just to hear the music.
GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 10

#3  Edited By GunstarRed

love the turtles one,  I used to do the same and sit with it on the title also 

going back to older entries though.. 

Loved the music in the DK country games especially the really atmospheric underwater stuff 
quake 2 tunes including the one you posted I hum to myself on a regular basis...  
and man super metroid from that first point you land on the planet the music reaaaallty is awesomely atmospheric 
 oh  and I loved how they reintegrated the BCR track into the new game using strings
adziboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By adziboy

Ahh, Monkey Island 2. Totally agree with that one. My number one would have to be Metal Gear Solid. The end songs amazing, but all the rest are great. Very powerful songs, and very fitting to the enviroment and style. 

Wierdly, Bejeweleds music is addicting almost to listen to. It's crazy techno type music which builds up slowly.... nowhere near the best, probably not in my top 100, but it's great to listen to when you got 5 minutes before going out and have a quick few mins game time.
jimbo_n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By jimbo_n
@marioncobretti said:
"love the turtles one,  I used to do the same and sit with it on the title also  going back to older entries though..  Loved the music in the DK country games especially the really atmospheric underwater stuff quake 2 tunes including the one you posted I hum to myself on a regular basis...  and man super metroid from that first point you land on the planet the music reaaaallty is awesomely atmospheric  oh  and I loved how they reintegrated the BCR track into the new game using strings "

Yea the underwater tune from DKC was close 2nd to King K Rool´s music. Very soothing.