#1  Edited By mm665
Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By Sackmanjones

Friendly notice. There are about 4 of these threads. Anyway I am pretty damn pumped for this too. Guess in a few years we will see medieval 3?

mm665

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By mm665

@Sackmanjones: I didn't see any on front forum page. Sorry.

Avatar image for do_the_manta_ray
Do_The_Manta_Ray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Do_The_Manta_Ray

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees! Fuck yes! Wooooooh! The SPQR shall rise again! Wahoooo! Imma' keep hollerin' like this on my way out the door. Thanks, TC!

Nephrahim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By Nephrahim

@rebgav said:

But has Europa Barbarorum 2 been announced?

No and TBQH I wouldn't bet too much on it.

It's a fact that the latest TW engine isn't as modding friendly as older ones, and by all impressions it's still being used.

Excited to play the new game, but I don't know of the glory days of RTW will return.

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#6  Edited By AhmadMetallic

Sadly I have failed to get into RTS games, but I know that Total War Rome is supposed to be the greatest Total War game ever so, this is pretty fucking sweet news.

Avatar image for equitasinvictus
EquitasInvictus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By EquitasInvictus

@rebgav: It's all about Rome Total Realism.

Actually, I think EBII was supposed be a mod for Medieval 2: Total War but I'm not sure what happened with that.

Avatar image for deactivated-61356eb4a76c8
deactivated-61356eb4a76c8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

@EquitasInvictus: Its in development hell and is never going to see the light of day.

EquitasInvictus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By EquitasInvictus

@Kaiserreich: Makes sense; it has been practically three Total War games since Medieval 2 so I can't see them continuing to try to work on a Medieval 2 EB at this point of time.

ManMadeGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 21

#10  Edited By ManMadeGod

If I was forced to name a favorite game of all time it would be Rome: Total War (with mods of course). I could not be more excited about this.

squirrelnacho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By squirrelnacho

This is very good. Rome: Total War was probably the best of the series.

mandude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By mandude

@AhmadMetallic: Total War is mostly turn based. You can forgo entirely the RTS parts of the game if that's not your thing.

EquitasInvictus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By EquitasInvictus

@mandude said:

@AhmadMetallic: Total War is mostly turn based. You can forgo entirely the RTS parts of the game if that's not your thing.

Yeah the campaign aspects are more like those Grand Campaign games such as Crusader Kings II and you can autoresolve battles if you don't like RTS in a tactical level. It can get really fun, though, I mean sieges were always awesome when you had the right siege engines! And you can command people riding elephants with archers on them!

mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#14  Edited By mikemcn

@Sackmanjones said:

Friendly notice. There are about 4 of these threads. Anyway I am pretty damn pumped for this too. Guess in a few years we will see medieval 3?

I'd prefer an Empire 2 first.

Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Sackmanjones
@Mikemcn

@Sackmanjones said:

I'd prefer an Empire 2 first.

I'm with you on that one friend. I'm one of the few people who absolutely loved that game
Skytylz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#16  Edited By Skytylz

Rome was my first total war game, I'm very excited for this. The era works excellently for the style of the game.

Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Sackmanjones
@Mikemcn I'm just saying from the order they are going in, it seems like that would be next
mandude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By mandude

@EquitasInvictus: Yeah, I'll admit to using auto resolve for my first few (attempted) playthroughs, simply to get used to the other elements of the game. It can all be quite overwhelming, but even the RTS is different from most other RTS in that resource management is left out. It's entirely tactical, which makes the combat really dynamic. Other RTS seem kinda shallow in comparison once you get into it...

Avatar image for deactivated-5945386c8a570
deactivated-5945386c8a570

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

this is great news along with kotor bundle!

its said to be mod friendly. includes europe, africa & asia, so its much bigger in scale. u can attack cities with ships, & the campaing map has been made better. theres also alot less micro managing.

so overall sounds pretty amazing.

also, Spartan Hoplites For The F@#king Win!

EquitasInvictus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By EquitasInvictus

@SpartanHoplite: Asia as in the complete Silk Road? That'd be pretty awesome.

Man, as I've mentioned earlier, my favorite tactic is to have a small number of Spartan Hoplite units positioned at one end of a bridge to get attacked by a numerically superior force to have the larger force get massacred trying to charge the bridge by how unbreakable the Spartan phalanx ends up being. They're so (perhaps rightfully) overpowered!

Avatar image for deactivated-5945386c8a570
deactivated-5945386c8a570

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"We want to wind it back out again to cover a much, much larger geographical area and a whole series of cultures this time." The desire is to create a game that really does span those three continents - not just geographically, but by reining in (so that you can reign over) all the diversity, contradictions and complications that are found in the cultures and peoples of Europe, Asia and Africa." from Eurogamer preview.

sounds really cool with the mixing of naval & land battles into one huge conflict. i was a huge Julii 'form TESTUDO!' fan, but then i found Spartans & their Phalanx formation, and i too love going through battles with only few Spartan units. u actually can conquer huge cities with few Spartans if u succeed getting into narrow street & form Phalanx there on both directions.

itll be intresting to see how ROME tacticts work in ROME 2.

Captain_Insano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 15

#22  Edited By Captain_Insano

YES!!!!!!!!!!

MocBucket62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 7

#23  Edited By MocBucket62

About time they annouce this!!!! Gonna try to make as much money as possible to get this game!!! 

EDIT: If you notice at the end of the trailer, there's actually a piano version of the menu theme from Rome 1. FUCK YEAH!!! LOVED THE ORIGINAL ROME SOUNDTRACK!