Trilogies Ending this Console Cycle?

Serker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

Edited By Serker
http://multiplayerblog.mtv.com/2010/01/11/mass-effect-3-tagged-for-a-quick-turnaround-by-bioware/  

In this MTV Multiplayer blog they talk about how Bioware wants to end the trilogy during the 360's life cycle. 

Seems like every developer has released their middle chapters over the last year and a half: Assassin's Creed 2, Gears of War 2, Bioshock 2, Killzone 2, Resistance 2, Modern Warfare 2*, Mass Effect 2, Fable 2, Uncharted 2, Army of Two 2, 222, 222222222222222. 

It seems like all these trilogies are set to end between, if developers continue with their 2 year development cycles, 2011-2012 

Assuming the world doesn't end I'd say that a new console will be pushed out around 2013. 

Word? Just speculatin`.
Serker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Serker
http://multiplayerblog.mtv.com/2010/01/11/mass-effect-3-tagged-for-a-quick-turnaround-by-bioware/  

In this MTV Multiplayer blog they talk about how Bioware wants to end the trilogy during the 360's life cycle. 

Seems like every developer has released their middle chapters over the last year and a half: Assassin's Creed 2, Gears of War 2, Bioshock 2, Killzone 2, Resistance 2, Modern Warfare 2*, Mass Effect 2, Fable 2, Uncharted 2, Army of Two 2, 222, 222222222222222. 

It seems like all these trilogies are set to end between, if developers continue with their 2 year development cycles, 2011-2012 

Assuming the world doesn't end I'd say that a new console will be pushed out around 2013. 

Word? Just speculatin`.
zombie2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By zombie2011

Is Killzone 2 a story sequel to Killzone? I didn't play the original and did not watch the cutscenes for Killzone 2 so i don't know if those stories are connected. 

I really like the Gears of War story, because their story telling is so shit there are so many answers that have to be addressed in the 3rd game. GOW3 is gonna be a clusterfuck of plot lines, i can't wait.

Assassins Creed 3 will also be awesome although i really don't like the character model of Desmond so i'm not looking forward to playing as him.

EpicSteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

User Lists: 11

#3  Edited By EpicSteve

No one really thinks these successfully franchises will end with the third iteration. Utilizing the word trilogy seems to be a popular thing to do in games these days, but never hold any real value. Too Human was supposed to be a trilogy, 2K has already said they have six Bioshocks planned, and do you really think Microsoft will call it quits with GOW 3? Having the "three games" plan sounds like a smart way of saying "hey, we will for sure make three games. If the franchise still holds economic value, then we might reiterate it, keep going, or whatever sounds good at the time".

damswedon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

#4  Edited By damswedon
@zombie2011: Killzone 2 is a sequel that decided to hide almost all of its story, because you know Marines!!.