Two days after EVO team AGE gets disbanded PDP in trouble

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#1  Edited By musubi

So one of the more notable teams in the FGC community After Glow Elite featuring one of the biggest stars in the FGC Chris G is apparently done only two days after EVO.

PDP the teams sponsor maker of gaming peripherals is in big financial trouble and that caused mass layoffs in the company as well as from the sounds of it a complete disband of team AGE.

http://kotaku.com/sounds-like-peripheral-company-performance-designed-pro-807721976

"This was further seemingly confirmed by team AGE's manager Sebastian Jennings tweeting out:

It is with great sadness to tell you all that I am no longer the manager for Team AfterGlow Elite (AGE). I wish the team the very best - @onehandedterror"

Wow, this is pretty nuts happening just only two days out from EVO. Considering that this is indeed looking true the sponsors are going to fucking trip over themselves trying to throw cash at Chris G to get him.

Edit: Okay after reading a bit more it may not be a entire disband of the team. Although Fanatiq is apparently gone for sure along with their team manager as posted above.

Dagbiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 16

#2  Edited By Dagbiker

How long until the brazzers photoshop pics ?

Darji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

the fighting scene is always about drama. So it was pretty clear something like this will happen after Evo XD

Justin Wong killed AGE XD

veiasma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I got burned by PDP's Mortal Kombat stick.

That thing is truly terrible.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@veiasma: As someone who has the MK9 stick I gotta disagree. I really like it. Sure, the button layout is horrible for playing anything other than Mortal Kombat but.... I still like the stick.

veiasma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@veiasma: As someone who has the MK9 stick I gotta disagree. I really like it. Sure, the button layout is horrible for playing anything other than Mortal Kombat but.... I still like the stick.

Compared to my Madcatz stick, I think the quality of the stick and buttons are worse.

FLStyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I always wondered what was keeping PDP in business, not much is apparently the answer.

BBAlpert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By BBAlpert

@demoskinos said:

So one of the more notable teams in the FGC community

I thought FGC stood for "fighting game community." Or does the C stand for something else?

I apologize for being that asshole.

Edit: I meant "I apologize," not "I'm apologize." I really need to proof read these things more carefully.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@bbalpert: I'm apologize for being amused. Is there a wiki site to track individual fighting game players' success somewhere a la VGCW's wiki?

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BBAlpert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bbalpert: I'm apologize for being amused. Is there a wiki site to track individual fighting game players' success somewhere a la VGCW's wiki?

Shit, I shouldn't have second guessed myself and changed "I'm sorry" to "I apologize" (and then forgotten to change the "I'm").

cloudymusic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By cloudymusic

@veiasma said:

@demoskinos said:

Compared to my Madcatz stick, I think the quality of the stick and buttons are worse.

They're US-style (if not Happ, then Happ-equivalent) parts. Whether they're "better" or "worse" than Japanese-style (Sanwa/Seimitsu) parts is up for debate, but yeah, most of the FGC seems to use Japanese parts these days aside from a few old-timer US holdouts. As far as I know, the PDP stick specifically used US parts to cater to people who wanted a dose of that 90's American arcade nostalgia. If you were looking for a similar feel to a MadCatz or Hori stick, yeah, you're going to be disappointed.

Sooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

Call Sp00ky Kotaku.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Fredchuckdave

"I honestly think at this point I could say my mother died and ppl would troll it. Sad world we live in." Christopher Gonzalez (@NYChrisG)

Just curious if the scripting works but pretty amusing stuff.

Edit: Nope it doesn't

ProfessorK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@bbalpert: You are now in good company with amazing lines as "I am disappoint" :D

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh man reading Chris' tweets now and he claims he lost the envelope with his money from EVO. You'd think you'd put that much money in a safe place. =\

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#17  Edited By Humanity

I guess they can all join MadCatz like everyone else now.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@demoskinos: Good at fighting games, not good at basic reasoning.

kishinfoulux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Oh man reading Chris' tweets now and he claims he lost the envelope with his money from EVO. You'd think you'd put that much money in a safe place. =\

I saw that too. I'm new to the scene so I don't hate him like others do. Actually really enjoyed the style and became a fan. Same for FChamp just because I love the heel persona.

lazarenth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By lazarenth

The Kappa wiki is a joke wiki put together by the users of /r/Kappa basically so don't look to it for good information. However do go to /r/Kappa if you like funny photoshops/gifs/videos of the FGC.

The best way to follow the goings-on of the FGC is to follow/list a lot of the community on Twitter and watch the streams of majors.

churrific

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Kappa wiki is a joke wiki put together by the users of /r/Kappa basically so don't look to it for good information. However do go to /r/Kappa if you like funny photoshops/gifs/videos of the FGC.

The best way to follow the goings-on of the FGC is to follow/list a lot of the community on Twitter and watch the streams of majors.

Lmao. I just spent like 45 minutes falling down that /r/Kappa hole. Thanks for that.

Sooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

@lazarenth said:

Lmao. I just spent like 45 minutes falling down that /r/Kappa hole. Thanks for that.

It is heaven on earth. Or web.

Loading Video...

I love the fgtv failboat.