Ubisoft pulling keys bought from unauthorized sellers

Jesus_Phish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Jesus_Phish

Savygamer are reporting that people have logged into uPlay today to play Far Cry 4 only to discover their game is gone. Ubisoft have been removing game keys from people who have bought their keys from grey market sites, most of which are known for using stolen credit card/account information to buy a bunch of games for the keys before the owner of the card issues a charge back and then sell those keys under market value.

Now while I think Ubisoft could've handled this better, I can't really say I fault them for not wanting people to buy games from grey market sites. In my view Ubisoft should've used this as a one strike warning. Email everyone who had one of the keys to say "you bought that key from an unauthorized reseller. Please only buy from approved vendors in the future. Any additional keys registered to your account from unauthorized resellers will result in an account lock/removal of the game with no refund."

So if you recently bought Far Cry 4 and probably The Crew or other Ubi games from grey market place sellers, be on the look out for your game to vanish soon.

Aetheldod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Theres already a thread about this.

TrafalgarLaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@aetheldod: Except that one had a deceptive title.

rethla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Now while I think Ubisoft could've handled this better, I can't really say I fault them for not wanting people to buy games from grey market sites. In my view Ubisoft should've used this as a one strike warning. Email everyone who had one of the keys to say "you bought that key from an unauthorized reseller. Please only buy from approved vendors in the future. Any additional keys registered to your account from unauthorized resellers will result in an account lock/removal of the game with no refund."

Yeh Ubisoft shuld totaly take the law into their own hands, the world would be a so much better place if Big companies enforced their own laws.