Unprofessional Fridays = random pc games = boring.

• 136 results
Robert1986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Robert1986

I used to really enjoy this show but its became nothing but boring random pc games. They never play console games or do anything fun any more. They need to change it up. I am paying for this after all.

There just doesn't seem to be any thought gone into Unprofessional Fridays any more.

abendlaender

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By abendlaender

Somebody didn't watch yesterdays UPF

Also, you are not paying for it, you are no subscriber :P

Robert1986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Haven't had a chance yet... but regardless of what they did in their recent one, they have been dull and boring for months on end.

Kidavenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 90

User Lists: 33

random pc games = awesome

EuanDewar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

random pc game was my favourite godamn feature

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

Watch the recent one. Start at 1 hour, 28 minutes in.

spraynardtatum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Last nights UPF was amazing.

obcdexter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

Sometimes they are, other times it's the best part about UPF. Yesterday was a prime example for the latter - Gang Beasts was tons of fun to watch and, apparently, to play.

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

Didn't they say at one point something along the lines of UPF being a time for them to just play random games they were playing in their spare time and/or games they haven't played before, but wanted to try out?

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

UPF has its ups and downs. It has moments of sheer brilliance, and it's occasionally pretty dull.

I do hope they play some bigger games. With Worth Playing we have a bunch of indie games to watch, so more random things like "oh hey, here's the end of Lords of Shadow" would be a nice change of pace.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

So quit paying for it if you find it boring?

Darji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Darji

Somebody didn't watch yesterdays UPF

Also, you are not paying for it, you are no subscriber :P

Of course he is paying for it. He pays just like me monthly and not for one yeah ahead^^

That said I thought this weeks show was pretty bad until the last game of course. Vinny's games are usually the best while the other ones are hits and mostly misses for me. I really respect Jeff's knowledge of games but man his taste is sooo not for me XD

joshwent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

There just doesn't seem to be any thought gone into Unprofessional Fridays any more.

I think you might be missing the point.

Avatar image for alwaysbebombing
alwaysbebombing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joshwent said:
@robert1986 said:

I think you might be missing the point.

I giggled.

CaLe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By CaLe

You chose a bad time to make this thread, considering the amount of fun many people had watching last night's UPF, and the fact Danny helped make last week's enjoyable as well.

I do agree that they sometimes spend too long on extremely boring games, though.

49th

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#16  Edited By 49th

I think they often play very boring games on the show, but in those cases I go watch something else for a while or just skip through the archive later.

The good moments out weigh the bad though.

thomasnash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

why would it be any better if they played console games instead of pc games?

Quarters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think they've actually been pretty strong recently, especially last night. *shrug*

flasaltine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By flasaltine

It is almost like there are no interesting or cool games coming out for consoles. What the fuck does it matter if they play console or PC games? You want them to play console games just for the sake of playing console games? This thread is verging on being system wars.

alwaysbebombing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By alwaysbebombing

Even when they do play awful shit games. I love the conversations the guys have with each other.

sammo21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 45

I've been a subscriber since day one and I think everything they've done has been awesome, so...yeah, good game. There have been one or two kind of lackluster episodes but overall I have enjoyed everything. I do miss Thursday Night Throwdowns.

Ben_H

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It is almost like there are no interesting or cool games coming out for consoles.

Was gonna say, what console games? There's barely any new console games out right now.

Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

I'm trying to save as much money as possible so I haven't re subscribed just yet but I loved the shows everytime I watched them. When I do get back ill probably have to watch brad playing through demons and Vinny finish dark souls, my subscription ended before the last 2 videos of that.

Anyway I can see what you mean. Sometimes they show a game it somethin else that's kinda meh but it rarely happens and commentary for it usually cracks me up. But 95% of the time that show is always excellent. I miss my subscription....

JayEH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I agree with you for the most part. I haven't been able to get through the last couple of weeks of UPF because I get bored. People here are saying yesterday's was good so I'll give that a watch later.

afabs515

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think that the best part of UPF is when they play super shitty PC games and/or have Vinny play simulators. If I wanted to watch them play good games I'm interested in, I'd watch quick looks. What you seem to want is the return of TNT, which admittedly would be nice. But for me, UPF is fine, even if not all of the segments are hilarious/entertaining. Plus they play Nidhogg and Windjammers. What more could you ask for?

AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By AlexW00d

This is how I feel when they just play hours and hours of shit like Windjammers and Battle Tetris or whatever its called. But it's ok, I stopped giving them my money because that's what we should do if we're unhappy with what we pay for.

Unfortunately the last so many months of content has sounded pretty good with all the Vinny and Drew and Alexis there is, so I kinda feel like I am missing out now.

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

It never ceases to amaze me when people complain about a site on the site's forums. The solution is so simple; don't go there anymore. Or take a break. Or something. Does anyone ever truly, honestly think making a thread pointing out what they don't like ever works? It's like a little kid hitting himself in the head and then crying to his parents about it. Stop hitting yourself in the head.

jimmyfenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

e30bmw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They need to change it up. I am paying for this after all.

I didn't realize that you were the only person with a subscription and had the full say in if what they are doing is interesting...

For me, UPF is probably my favorite piece of content other than the Bombcast. I love it when they just sit around being themselves. For example, I haven't watched all of yesterday's show yet (although I did catch a tiny bit of Gang Beasts live and holy shit) but I fucking lost it at the beginning with Brad's teabag. For whatever reason, I found that fucking hilarious.

The only time I get a little bummed out is when they were always busting out Windjammers (or Nidhogg more recently). I prefer seeing games like that every once in a blue moon (like Battle Tetris or Money Puzzle Exchanger) and only being played for a little bit.

But whatever, nothing is going to be 100% to my tastes and the product as a whole is totally worth my 5 bucks a month (I should really get a yearly subscription and stop wasting money).

ChrisHarris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think those slow parts were the times when Ryan's sense of showmanship and pacing was the most beneficial. His readiness to play the lovable asshole helped, as well. Jeff seems somewhat more reticent about telling people that their segment is not working and they should move on to something else, which is a bit odd because he's very candid about telling them that the game is a steaming pile of dog shit. That would be fine, but no one else steps up to the plate to do it either. Giant Bomb is still a threat, but there was a hole left by our Dear Leader that still hasn't been filled.

Vinny should modify some more of those easy buttons from the charity show. Give one to each person. Then, write a simple program which plays a buzzer sound when there is a unanimous (not including the presenter) vote to move on. I can just imagine Brad yelling "OH COME ON" when the buzzer goes off.

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

@jasonr86 said:

It never ceases to amaze me when people complain about a site on the site's forums. The solution is so simple; don't go there anymore. Or take a break. Or something. Does anyone ever truly, honestly think making a thread pointing out what they don't like ever works? It's like a little kid hitting himself in the head and then crying to his parents about it. Stop hitting yourself in the head.

I never really like that 'throwing the baby out with the bathwater' line of thinking, it's incredibly black and white. Guaranteed, the OP's post wasn't the most in-depth critique, but providing feedback is not a bad thing - it's definitely a better than just leaving the site due to having an issue with one part of the site.

Andorski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I rather have them play a dozen random unknown games (with 11 of them being crap/boring) than to have them play big titles every UPF. It makes this a good site to discover new games that you would have never heard of otherwise. That's way better than one of them going, "Hey, a new Final Fantasy game is out. Let's see what they change this time!"

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By JasonR86

@jasonr86 said:

I never really like that 'throwing the baby out with the bathwater' line of thinking, it's incredibly black and white. Guaranteed, the OP's post wasn't the most in-depth critique, but providing feedback is not a bad thing - it's definitely a better than just leaving the site due to having an issue with one part of the site.

I suppose. But this exact thread, with just a different part of the site being the problem, comes up every single week. It's just become noise. I'd rather people like the OP just go away I keep their displeasure to themselves. It's so old at this point.

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

@jasonr86 said:

It never ceases to amaze me when people complain about a site on the site's forums. The solution is so simple; don't go there anymore.

I don't know. This has always struck me as something of a non-answer. Like rather than addressing potential flaws, you're telling the dissenters to piss off.

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jasonr86 said:

It never ceases to amaze me when people complain about a site on the site's forums. The solution is so simple; don't go there anymore.

I don't know. This has always struck me as something of a non-answer. Like rather than addressing potential flaws, you're telling the dissenters to piss off.

This isn't the format for criticism though. Like I said above, this exact thread, with just a different part of the site being mentioned, is brought up weekly. At some point it's all just pointless noise. If the team responded to every piece of criticism they'd never put anything up because there would always be someone who would complain about what they did. So, as a guy in these forums, I'd be totally fine with these type of threads dying away. They serve no real purpose.

probablytuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am also paying for this. I want them to continue playing random ass PC games for shits and giggles.

alwaysbebombing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I feel like I remember a feature named "Random PC Game."

Steadying

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Steadying

I find random shitty PC games way more entertaining than them playing some popular " good " one. I love those popular ones, but they just make for a way less interesting video. (And yes, I know I'm not a subscriber right now. I have been multiple times, and plan on being one again soon)

Castiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#40  Edited By Castiel

Gang Beasts is all I have to say. If you didn't like that then get the hell out of here.

GET OUT OF HERE!

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

Also to anyone watching UPF do you watch it live? Because being in the chat is half the fun of the livestreams.

Avatar image for gunslingerpanda
GunslingerPanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Random PC Games > Same shitty console sequel everyone else is covering.

If they played the HOT NEW CONZOLE GAMEZ every week we would have had Lightning Returns and Titanfall instead of Love and Gang Beasts. I think they made a pretty good decision.

Although I do wish the couch had shown a little more interest in Steel Diver while Drew was playing it instead of just dismissively talking about anything else. That game is pretty great mechanically.

hatking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Live events are always hit and miss, by nature. It's impossible to be unpredictable and consistently entertaining. If you're arguing that they should script these events, I guess I would understand your perspective. But I would argue that would fly in the face of everything this website is working towards. Aside from that, I think the guys do a fantastic job of making comedy where it may otherwise not exist. If a game is boring, they tend to poke and prod at it until it breaks. Or just make jokes at each other. There are slow periods, but that's to be expected in this style of coverage. I dare you to watch any other live show, on the internet or otherwise, and hold it to these standards. These guys have tons of years worth of experience with this sort of thing, they know what they're doing.

I have noticed that the live shows are significantly less fun when watching them archived. Try to catch UPF while it's happening, come participate in the chat, and you'll probably enjoy yourself a lot more.

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By glots

I've seen the chat mentioned a few times by now...do users who live and breathe GB have somewhat heightened senses by now that they can use to slow down time or what? Because those few times I decided to join in, it was just a complete spam fest that I couldn't see being enjoyable the least. But of course I've never been the most social person, so maybe that's just me.

zombie2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By zombie2011

So the first 1hr 28mins are boring?

I stopped subscribing mostly because UPF got boring, that and i just don't have time to watch most the videos anyways. The first couple were great with Vinny playing through Castlevania but then it did just become the guys playing smaller indie PC games for a while. Last one i watched had Viva Pinata which was awesome to see.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#46  Edited By Justin258

@believer258 said:

I don't actually know, I just saw everyone recommending that in the comments so I skipped to an hour and twenty eight minutes in and laughed my ass off. I haven't seen the rest of it.

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

#47  Edited By BeachThunder

If they played the HOT NEW CONZOLE GAMEZ every week we would have had Lightning Returns and Titanfall instead of Love and Gang Beasts.

Don't forget Don't Kill The Cow :P

Darji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@believer258 said:

I stopped subscribing mostly because UPF got boring, that and i just don't have time to watch most the videos anyways. The first couple were great with Vinny playing through Castlevania but then it did just become the guys playing smaller indie PC games for a while. Last one i watched had Viva Pinata which was awesome to see.

the stuff before Vinny was really boring yeah.. Maybe Vinny should chose every game and the other guys have to play them XD

KaneRobot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 9

@jasonr86: Speaking of pointless noise, your complaining about people complaining isn't adding a ton to the site.

If paying customers don't like what they see, this is as good a place as any to speak up, and as long as it's at least reasonably written (IE not "FUCK THIS STUPID FEATURE" with nothing else). I'm far more annoyed by people living out their moderator fantasies than people showing displeasure with a feature on the site. If they don't want site feedback they'd explicitly say so in the rules.

RonGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I disagree.