#1 Posted by AcidBrandon18 (1059 posts) -

#2 Posted by AcidBrandon18 (1059 posts) -

Do you keep your gaming systems vertical or horizontal?

#3 Posted by SexyToad (2939 posts) -

Horizontal. It won't fall and scratch my games.

#4 Posted by Yummylee (23186 posts) -

This would have been a more interesting poll if you were asking about split-screen preference. Anywhoo horizontal, both for consoles and split-screen.

#5 Posted by AlexW00d (6655 posts) -

Vertical 'cause it's a PC.

#6 Posted by laserbolts (5439 posts) -

Horizontal because it fits in my tv stand better.

#7 Posted by Pepsiman (2766 posts) -

I was secretly hoping this was about monitor orientation and shmups. Only true way to play Ikaruga is with a CRT set on its side! Am I right or am I right!?

#8 Posted by Bleeble (98 posts) -

Horizontal. My 360's disc tray won't open if its vertical.

#9 Posted by RazielCuts (3053 posts) -

@Yummylee said:

This would have been a more interesting poll if you were asking about split-screen preference. Anywhoo horizontal, both for consoles and split-screen.

That's what I thought this was going to be at first but alas, think we've had this question before too. PS3, Wii - Vertical because it sucks in discs. 360 - Horizontal because of the disk tray.

#10 Posted by Spoonman671 (4922 posts) -

I answered this without reading the question.  I thought it was just which one I prefer in general.

#11 Posted by EarlessShrimp (1777 posts) -

both sucka!

#12 Posted by Hunter5024 (6246 posts) -

If my game systems were not horizontal then they would be covering part of my screen. Though now that I have a wii, I don't really like how close together all of them are. Not enough room to breath with them on their sides. I feel like they might attack each other any minute. Guess I should buy a new entertainment center.

#13 Posted by NTM (8226 posts) -

Vertical. Everyone says horizontal is better, but from experience, that's not necessarily true. Two 360's I bought in the past broke as they sat horizontal; I have the current one vertical, and it's been good for years now. I've even after a long while set one of the "broken" 360's up again, and set it up vertical, and what do you know, it works! I don't use it though, but still, all systems are vertical from now on, unless a company says that I have to set it up one way or the other. Also, it's the way I have it set up because it's the best way I can do it for how I have my consoles placed.

#14 Posted by SpaceRunaway (885 posts) -

@Pepsiman said:

I was secretly hoping this was about monitor orientation and shmups. Only true way to play Ikaruga is with a CRT set on its side! Am I right or am I right!?

I thought this as well.

#15 Posted by DarthOrange (4089 posts) -

My ps3 and Wii are vertical, my 360 is horizontal.

#16 Posted by ConfusedOwl (1012 posts) -

Horizontal. I have a cat that likes to push my stuff off ledges and and if my xbox was vertical it would be destroyed in a matter of hours.

#17 Posted by TheHBK (5657 posts) -

I usually let my woman choose how she wants it. You know, what ever her mood is.

#18 Posted by BeachThunder (13001 posts) -

@AlexW00d said:

Vertical 'cause it's a PC.

#19 Posted by A_Talking_Donkey (264 posts) -

I keep mine horizontal because of cats.

#20 Posted by Valkyr47 (16 posts) -

All horizontal except for the wii

the wii came with that vertical stand and it was still short enough to fit on my media center shelf

the rest are just too tall to do so

#21 Posted by JoeyRavn (5110 posts) -

Horizontal, though I used to have my 360 standing up when I had it on my desk.

#22 Posted by BrockNRolla (1725 posts) -

360 is vertical. PS3 is horizontal.

#23 Posted by Nonapod (134 posts) -

Here's hoping the next gen consoles are pyramid shaped

#24 Posted by Video_Game_King (36567 posts) -

It depends on the system, but I'm thinking of changing my Wii to be horizontal. I remember hearing about how vertical is bad for the disc drive; can anybody confirm or deny this?

#25 Posted by crusader8463 (14744 posts) -

Horizontal shuffle all day! Terrified that the thing will tip over or fall off the counter if I put it vertical.

#26 Posted by mtcantor (965 posts) -

Vertical is just asking for trouble.