Video Game Awards Roundup

EnchantedEcho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 6

Edited By EnchantedEcho

Please have a look at my website at http://www.digitalgaudium.com if you have the time.

Announcements

Arkham Asylum 2

This comes as no surprise. The original game, developed by the relatively unknown developer Rocksteady Studios was universally acclaimed by the critics. This game to me just felt so polished, everything just worked the way it was supposed to and the addition of brilliant voice acting and a decent story made this game an excellent package. This game was definately worthy of a sequel.

The Force Unleashed 2

I only played the demo of the first game but, the first game was described as flawed. I enjoyed torturing stormtroopers with my elaborate force powers, and if this game learns from its mistakes from the first game, it should be a Star Wars game to remember.

Medal of Honor

A long time ago, I used to get mixed up between Call of Duty and the Medal of Honor eventually fell behind Call of Duty, in terms of overall quality. From the trailer it seems that the series is about to have a complete reboot, now set in a modern time setting. With DICE (Primarily known for developing the Battlefield games) developing the multiplayer aspect of the game, this game could be on par with Infinity Ward's latest stellar game, Modern Warfare 2.

True Crime

Not really sure what warranted this game a sequel, this game was essentially a Grand Theft Auto clone, with different characters and setting. There was much confusion about the actual name of the game and from what I have gathered, 'Black Lotus' was the codename given to this game (essentially True Crime 3).

Halo Reach

Everyone already knew about this one, but it was an announcement trailer. Consider me mildly excited. Hopefully Bungie can breathe some fresh air into this franchise and change it up a little.

Spec-Ops: The Line

A third person shooter set in a a post apocalyptic Dubai.This game is going to be published by 2K Games, and is developed by a independent German developer YAGER development gmbH. There are whispers that this game may involve 'Moral Choices'.

Tron Legacy

It's Tron! What more can I say, your in cyberspace and everything is glowing. The trailer didn't really show or give any ideas as to what the game would involve doing, I'm going to take a guess and say its a 3rd Person Action Game..

Other announcements/premiers include

• Crackdown 2
  • Deadliest Warrior
  • Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sand
  • Green Day: Rock Band
  • UFC Undisputed 2010

Awards

Best Voice in a Video Game: Jack Black
His Brutal Legend performance was great.

Best Action-Adventure Game: Assassin's Creed II
Yes, great game.

Best Graphics: Uncharted 2: Among Thieves
Yes, best to date on consoles in my opinion.

Studio of the Year: Rock Steady Games
Agreed, Batman was amazing. These guys deserved to get an award.

Best Team Sports Game: NHL 10
FIFA 10 was in my opinion, but then again I've never played this because I do not like Ice Hockey.

Best Performance by a Human Male: Hugh Jackman
Fair enough, I like him as an actor sometimes.

Best Performance by a Human Female: Megan Fox
Eghhh, fail.

Best Downloadable Game: Shadow Complex
YES!

Best Wii Game: New Super Mario Bros. Wii
Haven't played it yet, its under the Christmas tree and I'm sure it's good.

Best Multiplayer Game: Modern Warfare 2
Agreed, still playing it.

Best DLC: GTA IV: The Ballad of Gay Tony
I guess? I thought there were better offerings but some people really seemed to like it.

Most Anticipated Game: God of War 3
Bit of an odd award in my opinion, I'm more excited for Crackdown 2 personally, I can understand this though.

Best Independent Game: Flower
I was one of those people who loved Flower..

Best Individual Sports Game: UFC 2009 Undisputed
Never played it, Skate 2 should have won in my opinion. The wrestling dude that accepted this award was werid, was nearly doing the splits on stage.

Best RPG: Dragon Age: Origins
Since Borderlands is in this list, I would vote for them. But, I understand that Dragon Age is good, and very long.

Best shooter: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
Yes. There were many other good shooters this year though.

Best Fighting Game: Street Fighter 4
First Street Figther game that I have ever owned, I enjoy it.

Best Handheld Game: GTA: Chinatown Wars
Understandable, don't really know what else there was this year.

Best Racing Game: Forza Motorsport 3
Best racing game ever. Love the User Interface in that game, so clean.

Best Soundtrack: DJ Hero
I like about an eighth of the songs in that game (Daft Punk & Eminem)

Best Xbox 360 Game: Left 4 Dead 2
Yeah, killing Zombies is fun. Halo ODST was also worthy of this.

Best PlayStation 3 Game: Uncharted 2: Among Thieves
No question about this one.

Best PC Game: Dragon Age: Origins
It was the best version of the game, I can't think of any good PC exclusive releases this year

Best Original Score: Halo 3: ODST
The Orchestral stuff is great.

Best Game Based on a Movie or Show: Southpark: Lets Go Tower Defense Play!
Meh, there was nothing else that was decent.

Best Music Game: The Beatles: Rock Band
Yes

Game of the Year: Uncharted 2: Among Thieves
I would say Modern Warfare 2 but, this game is definitely worthy of this award.

So that's it, the awards have come and gone. Overall what did you guys think about the show as a whole, the announcements made and the distribution of the awards?

EnchantedEcho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By EnchantedEcho

Please have a look at my website at http://www.digitalgaudium.com if you have the time.

Announcements

Arkham Asylum 2

This comes as no surprise. The original game, developed by the relatively unknown developer Rocksteady Studios was universally acclaimed by the critics. This game to me just felt so polished, everything just worked the way it was supposed to and the addition of brilliant voice acting and a decent story made this game an excellent package. This game was definately worthy of a sequel.

The Force Unleashed 2

I only played the demo of the first game but, the first game was described as flawed. I enjoyed torturing stormtroopers with my elaborate force powers, and if this game learns from its mistakes from the first game, it should be a Star Wars game to remember.

Medal of Honor

A long time ago, I used to get mixed up between Call of Duty and the Medal of Honor eventually fell behind Call of Duty, in terms of overall quality. From the trailer it seems that the series is about to have a complete reboot, now set in a modern time setting. With DICE (Primarily known for developing the Battlefield games) developing the multiplayer aspect of the game, this game could be on par with Infinity Ward's latest stellar game, Modern Warfare 2.

True Crime

Not really sure what warranted this game a sequel, this game was essentially a Grand Theft Auto clone, with different characters and setting. There was much confusion about the actual name of the game and from what I have gathered, 'Black Lotus' was the codename given to this game (essentially True Crime 3).

Halo Reach

Everyone already knew about this one, but it was an announcement trailer. Consider me mildly excited. Hopefully Bungie can breathe some fresh air into this franchise and change it up a little.

Spec-Ops: The Line

A third person shooter set in a a post apocalyptic Dubai.This game is going to be published by 2K Games, and is developed by a independent German developer YAGER development gmbH. There are whispers that this game may involve 'Moral Choices'.

Tron Legacy

It's Tron! What more can I say, your in cyberspace and everything is glowing. The trailer didn't really show or give any ideas as to what the game would involve doing, I'm going to take a guess and say its a 3rd Person Action Game..

Other announcements/premiers include

• Crackdown 2
  • Deadliest Warrior
  • Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sand
  • Green Day: Rock Band
  • UFC Undisputed 2010

Awards

Best Voice in a Video Game: Jack Black
His Brutal Legend performance was great.

Best Action-Adventure Game: Assassin's Creed II
Yes, great game.

Best Graphics: Uncharted 2: Among Thieves
Yes, best to date on consoles in my opinion.

Studio of the Year: Rock Steady Games
Agreed, Batman was amazing. These guys deserved to get an award.

Best Team Sports Game: NHL 10
FIFA 10 was in my opinion, but then again I've never played this because I do not like Ice Hockey.

Best Performance by a Human Male: Hugh Jackman
Fair enough, I like him as an actor sometimes.

Best Performance by a Human Female: Megan Fox
Eghhh, fail.

Best Downloadable Game: Shadow Complex
YES!

Best Wii Game: New Super Mario Bros. Wii
Haven't played it yet, its under the Christmas tree and I'm sure it's good.

Best Multiplayer Game: Modern Warfare 2
Agreed, still playing it.

Best DLC: GTA IV: The Ballad of Gay Tony
I guess? I thought there were better offerings but some people really seemed to like it.

Most Anticipated Game: God of War 3
Bit of an odd award in my opinion, I'm more excited for Crackdown 2 personally, I can understand this though.

Best Independent Game: Flower
I was one of those people who loved Flower..

Best Individual Sports Game: UFC 2009 Undisputed
Never played it, Skate 2 should have won in my opinion. The wrestling dude that accepted this award was werid, was nearly doing the splits on stage.

Best RPG: Dragon Age: Origins
Since Borderlands is in this list, I would vote for them. But, I understand that Dragon Age is good, and very long.

Best shooter: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
Yes. There were many other good shooters this year though.

Best Fighting Game: Street Fighter 4
First Street Figther game that I have ever owned, I enjoy it.

Best Handheld Game: GTA: Chinatown Wars
Understandable, don't really know what else there was this year.

Best Racing Game: Forza Motorsport 3
Best racing game ever. Love the User Interface in that game, so clean.

Best Soundtrack: DJ Hero
I like about an eighth of the songs in that game (Daft Punk & Eminem)

Best Xbox 360 Game: Left 4 Dead 2
Yeah, killing Zombies is fun. Halo ODST was also worthy of this.

Best PlayStation 3 Game: Uncharted 2: Among Thieves
No question about this one.

Best PC Game: Dragon Age: Origins
It was the best version of the game, I can't think of any good PC exclusive releases this year

Best Original Score: Halo 3: ODST
The Orchestral stuff is great.

Best Game Based on a Movie or Show: Southpark: Lets Go Tower Defense Play!
Meh, there was nothing else that was decent.

Best Music Game: The Beatles: Rock Band
Yes

Game of the Year: Uncharted 2: Among Thieves
I would say Modern Warfare 2 but, this game is definitely worthy of this award.

So that's it, the awards have come and gone. Overall what did you guys think about the show as a whole, the announcements made and the distribution of the awards?