Avatar image for monsterobsessor
Fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By Fanboy

Well, the only ones I know are The Suffering series, Mahunt 2, and Prince of Persia: The Two Thrones.

Are there anymore? I want a complete list.

lucas_kelly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By lucas_kelly

I didn't know video games could have split personalities. 

Fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Fanboy
@lucas_kelly: Well, did you check Manhunt 2 for example? It turns out that Leo Kasper is Daniel Lamb's evil personality.
Joshakazam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Joshakazam
xaLieNxGrEyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By xaLieNxGrEyx

Killer 7  

/end thread.
Lucifer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Lucifer

I thought you meant the video game itself. That would have been more interesting.

Fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Fanboy
@Lucifer: I only meant for the video games involving with characters with split personalities.

An example is Jeanette/Therese in Vampires: The Masquerade - Bloodlines.
MysteriousBob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By MysteriousBob
@Fanboy said:

" Are there anymore? I want a complete list. "

This is a video game wiki with 'concepts'. If that doesn't exist, make it yourself. Or is that why you're asking? I need to know some civil servants as I made that concept with only two examples in mind which was pretty stupid.
gunslingerNZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By gunslingerNZ

I don't know if Revolver Ocelot really counts but if he does then MGS is a good one.

Lawrens

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By Lawrens

Xenogears

JustinSane311

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By JustinSane311

That Resident Evil game where that dude dresses and acts like his sister...I think its Code Veronica

Avatar image for theseductivemoose
TheSeductiveMoose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

HypoXenophobia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By HypoXenophobia

GTA4, think about it

MysteriousBob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By MysteriousBob
@HypoXenophobia said:
" GTA4, think about it "
I thought about it and I still don't have a clue what you mean. Unless there's some obscure side character I'm forgetting about.
Avatar image for organicalistic_
Organicalistic_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Organicalistic_

bloody roar?

HypoXenophobia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By HypoXenophobia
@MysteriousBob: 
Niko wanted to get away from his violent past, but all the gameplay was pretty much crime ridden to the brim. Schizophrenic.
CandleJakk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#17  Edited By CandleJakk
@MysteriousBob said:
" @Fanboy said:

This is a video game wiki with 'concepts'. If that doesn't exist, make it yourself. Or is that why you're asking? I need to know some civil servants as I made that concept with only two examples in mind which was pretty stupid. "
Technically, wouldn't any game with a cop count, as cops, medics etc... are all technically civil servants?
c1337us

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By c1337us
@Lucifer said:
" I thought you meant the video game itself. That would have been more interesting. "
That's what I was thinking as well.
Sephirdorf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Sephirdorf

Devil may cry 3 has people with split personalities with its characters Arkham and Jester. 
Peter Puppy in the 2d game Earthworm jim, usually he is small and happy but if he is harmed he turns into an insane monster until he calms down (similar to the hulk). During this state he even attempts to kill his best friend Jim.
Would F.E.A.R. 2 count as Alma's emotions erratically change towards the main character as you reach the end.
Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#20  Edited By Yummylee

This thread dissapoints =/

Chyro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Chyro

Vampire the Masquerade:  Bloodlines.

Badass game too.

MysteriousBob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By MysteriousBob
@CandleJakk said:
" @MysteriousBob said:
" @Fanboy said:

This is a video game wiki with 'concepts'. If that doesn't exist, make it yourself. Or is that why you're asking? I need to know some civil servants as I made that concept with only two examples in mind which was pretty stupid. "
Technically, wouldn't any game with a cop count, as cops, medics etc... are all technically civil servants? "
Its a stupid concept in general, I shouldn't have made it but at the same time I don't want it to be deleted. I guess I just wanted Postman Pat and The Senator to have something in common. 

At the same time I think my Lost in Translation concept is far more deserving of attention. I'm sure there are loads of examples known to those who are really into Japanese games.
Avatar image for wintersnowblind
WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#23  Edited By WinterSnowblind
@MysteriousBob said:

" @HypoXenophobia said:

" GTA4, think about it "
I thought about it and I still don't have a clue what you mean. Unless there's some obscure side character I'm forgetting about. "
Pretty much all the recent GTA games have suffered from the problem of the main character trying to get out of being bad, because he's a nice guy deep down and just wants to live like a normal person.  But murders hundreds of people with little encouragement at any given oppertunity regardless.  

GTA IV, Ballad of Gay Tony and Vice City Stories were particularly guilty of this.  John Marston in RDR wasn't much better.  He's at least given a reason for doing what he does, but he agrees to do so much crap for some very shady characters that it becomes a little bewildering by the end.

It's partially why I think the Saints Row 2 style of simply playing as a complete psycopath works better.
MysteriousBob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By MysteriousBob
@WinterSnowblind said:
" @MysteriousBob said:

" @HypoXenophobia said:

" GTA4, think about it "
I thought about it and I still don't have a clue what you mean. Unless there's some obscure side character I'm forgetting about. "
Pretty much all the recent GTA games have suffered from the problem of the main character trying to get out of being bad, because he's a nice guy deep down and just wants to live like a normal person.  But murders hundreds of people with little encouragement at any given oppertunity regardless.    GTA IV, Ballad of Gay Tony and Vice City Stories were particularly guilty of this.  John Marston in RDR wasn't much better.  He's at least given a reason for doing what he does, but he agrees to do so much crap for some very shady characters that it becomes a little bewildering by the end. It's partially why I think the Saints Row 2 style of simply playing as a complete psycopath works better. "
Its hard to have strong narrative and well developed main character when some twelve year old has control over them. I think Rockstar handled this very well even if it was to just have Nico say "sorry" when running people over. It doesn't make much sense but I'd rather have that tiny nitpick than an overall crappy plot. Saints Row is just mindless crap story-wise.

Despite what everyone says, I also think John was pretty ambiguous in the cutscenes with the exception of when he helped those nuns.

I see the point now, but it still isn't actual split personality disorder.
Avatar image for wintersnowblind
WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By WinterSnowblind
@MysteriousBob said:
" @WinterSnowblind said:
" @MysteriousBob said:

" @HypoXenophobia said:

" GTA4, think about it "
Pretty much all the recent GTA games have suffered from the problem of the main character trying to get out of being bad, because he's a nice guy deep down and just wants to live like a normal person.  But murders hundreds of people with little encouragement at any given oppertunity regardless.    GTA IV, Ballad of Gay Tony and Vice City Stories were particularly guilty of this.  John Marston in RDR wasn't much better.  He's at least given a reason for doing what he does, but he agrees to do so much crap for some very shady characters that it becomes a little bewildering by the end. It's partially why I think the Saints Row 2 style of simply playing as a complete psycopath works better. "
Its hard to have strong narrative and well developed main character when some twelve year old has control over them. I think Rockstar handled this very well even if it was to just have Nico say "sorry" when running people over. It doesn't make much sense but I'd rather have that tiny nitpick than an overall crappy plot. Saints Row is just mindless crap story-wise. Despite what everyone says, I also think John was pretty ambiguous in the cutscenes with the exception of when he helped those nuns. I see the point now, but it still isn't actual split personality disorder. "
Well generally, I actually agree.  Was just pointing it out.  I do feel Niko and John were of course far better characters than your custom made lunatic from SR2.
There are just moments in these type of game, where I feel the sympathetic character like Niko just didn't work very well at all.  But as you said, John Marston was definitely better for this, but I think that's mainly down to the era that game was set in.

Saints Row was definitely a bit more chaotic, and not really as well written as the GTA games but I wouldn't have called the story mindless and certainly not crap.  Parts of it where actually very well done, especially the bit that tied in with the first game.  Much of the scenes with Juilus at least approached the levels of GTA.  But I think we're getting a little off track now.
TheFreeMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By TheFreeMan
@Sephirdorf said:
" Devil may cry 3 has people with split personalities with its characters Arkham and Jester. "
Maybe, but I don't think that counts,

Man, I love DMC3. It was so crazy.
Symphony

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#27  Edited By Symphony

Add Grandia 2 to your list.

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#28  Edited By Video_Game_King
@lucas_kelly said:
" I didn't know video games could have split personalities.  "
Trust me, they can. Haven't you played Tomba or Fallout 3 or Mazin Saga Mutant Fighter?
Juno500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Juno500
@HypoXenophobia said:
" @MysteriousBob:  Niko wanted to get away from his violent past, but all the gameplay was pretty much crime ridden to the brim. Schizophrenic. "
Schizophrenia has nothing to do with having multiple personalities. Schizophrenia and Dissociative Identity Disorder (the official name for having multiple personalities) are two very different disorders.
psykhophear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 142

#30  Edited By psykhophear

No Caption Provided

Killer7!

1 Assassin: 7 killer personalities. Nuff said.
PureRok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#31  Edited By PureRok
@Fanboy said:
" @Lucifer: I only meant for the video games involving with characters with split personalities.  An example is Jeanette/Therese in Vampires: The Masquerade - Bloodlines. "
Dude... spoilers.
Akeldama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Akeldama