#1 Posted by DEFE (265 posts) -

So, I had an idea yesterday about a potential addition to the video player. What if users (or potentially the person posting a video) had the option to hide a video's length? This wouldn't have much use for most videos, such as the average Quick Look, but when I'm watching something like an archived Breaking Brad and see that the video is an hour and a half long, I know that he will not succeed for at least an hour and a half. It takes out a bit of the suspense that the live experience offers. Now naturally I could just try not to look at the full video length if I want to go for the same effect, but it nonetheless may be interesting as a video option. What do you folks think?

#2 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

Actually, I want pretty much the opposite: specifically, for time stamps to be included on videos before I click play. Why isn't this incredibly useful feature not already implemented?

#3 Posted by Undeadpool (4996 posts) -

I want BOTH these things! So I win!

#4 Posted by Rattle618 (1456 posts) -

I want neither.

#5 Posted by B0nd07 (1701 posts) -

I'd rather they put add the time stamps back into to the progress bar. That way, if I stop watching a video, I don't have to guess how far along I was, scrubbing around the general area, and instead jump straight to the spot I left off at.

#6 Posted by MordeaniisChaos (5730 posts) -

Eh, I just don't look. It's not that hard. Plus that stuff is usually live, so watch it live for the bestest experience of that sort. So good watching that MK Scrub League live.

#7 Posted by GalacticGravy (550 posts) -

I like timestamps, but only those that say how much is LEFT.

#8 Posted by glyn (382 posts) -

I liked it when users could put a comment on the timebar.

#9 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

@glyn said:

I liked it when users could put a comment on the timebar.

I don't. Why do you think there's a Japanese community on YouTube while NicoNico's a thing?

#10 Posted by bwheeeler (487 posts) -

That's a feature that would come in useful for, like, six people maybe a couple times a month.

#11 Posted by hawkinson76 (376 posts) -

Use the html5 player on chrome, turn off controls (left click on player), you get a bare video