BlackLagoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#51  Edited By BlackLagoon

@LtSquigs said:

VLR has a ton of twists but not all of them seem actually relevant to the story. The one that stuck out in my head the most was Luna being a robot which was a cool twist, but ultimately didn't have a ton of relevance to the overall story (other than to serve as a red herring for you being a robot)

Actually, that one was probably more of a set-up for the next game. If you remember the distressed woman in the transmission from the test site (Ikilled them all,etc.). She was voiced by Laura Bailey, who also voiced Luna. As I understand it, that was not a coincidence.

rjayb89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

XtremePudim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#53  Edited By XtremePudim

@BlackLagoon: There is nothing like that on the 3DS version, unless i missed it, which is possible, but i'm pretty sure i didn't.

linkster7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#54  Edited By linkster7
AndrewB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#55  Edited By AndrewB

Oh... maaaan... I missed being able to ask something this time :(

XtremePudim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#56  Edited By XtremePudim

@Kanpachi: i feel that Akane's ability to be places in which she shouldn’t exist, like the fact that she was present on the second nonary game, even though she was dead on that timeline, will be key in the next game. I believe she did this whole thing because she can see a ending where she can prevent, because of that ability, this whole unfortunate set of events from unfolding, and that way stopping everything that happens in all three games in a way that makes it clear to the player that the other timelines get erased or never happen, at which point the horrible things she did also don't ever happen, and maybe you get a version of Akane that marries Junpei and lives happily ever after. This would be the best possible ending for the series, from a happiness point of view.

The other possibility, that would be more dark, is that she does all this to try and finds a perfect ending for her, while leaving other horrible timelines that were created as a result of what she did, this would mean that maybe the best ending for her isn't what is best for everyone, and the third game revolves around you stopping her, and fixing the timeline by erasing these horrible realities she created, and in the end creating a one true timeline, but one not so rosy as the other option, one where Akane's death, and her non revival through the second nonary game, is key to saving mankind.

Anyway this is all speculation and by the amount of incredulous shouting i did during both those games when twists are revealed, i believe trying to predict the plot and twists that expects us all in the third game is mostly pointless, because they have way crazier things in mind, although i will admit it is fun.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#57  Edited By FluxWaveZ
Bocam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#58  Edited By Bocam

@LtSquigs said:

Did you ever figure out what Virtues Last Reward actually means? Cause I sure as hell didn't (Great game though).

Death is Virtue's Last Reward. You're virtuous by believing in other people but they just end up betraying you, leading to your death.

rjayb89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#59  Edited By rjayb89

@FluxWaveZ said:

@rjayb89 said:

Podcast is here:

http://seaserpent.giantbomb.com/podcasts/interview-dumptruck/

Seems like it got removed?

That's unfortunate. I'd rather listen to an audio version of a video that has a talking head throughout all of it. Even then, not too hard to just leave the video running in the background.