Want to show how much I'm beginning to love comic stories.

ch13696

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 11

Edited By ch13696

So my eyes have been wandering towards comics, the movies based off of comics, and games inspired by comics. When I was younger, I didn't care too much about comics. I only read a few Batman comics and I only cared about the action in the movies. When I was younger I found that there was a better story in Dragonball Z and Gundam Wing than anything out there. I assumed that the reason for that was because as long as there was some major action and big ass mechs then I would be a happy kid. 

Well now that I'm older, thing's have changed. It all started with Infamous. I thought that the game would be a lot like Sucker Punch's other games, Sly Cooper. Not much to the story, wack a few guys around, and complete the quest. Apparently I thought wrong. The story completely captivated me. The world around Cole MacGrath, the side characters that are a big part of the story, the enemies, all these things is what makes Cole MacGrath. The twist at the end is what really hits you hard. It's like it snags a big chunk of your spine and makes you wonder what the fuck happened? 

So, I began to notice the comic book cutscenes during my second playthrough. It made me wonder if all comics are like this? I popped in a couple of Marvel movies I have, X-Men, Spiderman, and Ghost Rider. I'm watching these movies, really paying attention to the story that they have. I do have to say, wow, the background, stories, and characters are incredible. Plot twists, government conspiracies, the science, and of course romance. Then I began to think to myself about how movies like to make the story a tad different than whats in a game or book. So I downloaded a couple of apps on my phone. Comixology and the Marvel app. Downloaded a couple of comic books and dove right in. The first one I took a look at was Hulk. I'm lost for words on that comic. What I mean to say is that it's a really good comic. That would be one I would suggest to anyone. But whatever you do, don't watch the movie that came out in 03. I tried watching that after reading the comic and damn did that movie suck. 

Anyways, I don't want this blog to go on forever. I've been through a few comics so far. One comic I'm reading now is Prototype. I've played the game ad beaten it. I found that the story is very well said in a comic than in a game. Alex Mercer plays a very good part in this. As far as the bad guy, but not the bad guy. Well, anyone that's interested in comics, I suggest checking out Prototype. You will not be disappointed. 

ch13696

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 11

#1  Edited By ch13696

So my eyes have been wandering towards comics, the movies based off of comics, and games inspired by comics. When I was younger, I didn't care too much about comics. I only read a few Batman comics and I only cared about the action in the movies. When I was younger I found that there was a better story in Dragonball Z and Gundam Wing than anything out there. I assumed that the reason for that was because as long as there was some major action and big ass mechs then I would be a happy kid. 

Well now that I'm older, thing's have changed. It all started with Infamous. I thought that the game would be a lot like Sucker Punch's other games, Sly Cooper. Not much to the story, wack a few guys around, and complete the quest. Apparently I thought wrong. The story completely captivated me. The world around Cole MacGrath, the side characters that are a big part of the story, the enemies, all these things is what makes Cole MacGrath. The twist at the end is what really hits you hard. It's like it snags a big chunk of your spine and makes you wonder what the fuck happened? 

So, I began to notice the comic book cutscenes during my second playthrough. It made me wonder if all comics are like this? I popped in a couple of Marvel movies I have, X-Men, Spiderman, and Ghost Rider. I'm watching these movies, really paying attention to the story that they have. I do have to say, wow, the background, stories, and characters are incredible. Plot twists, government conspiracies, the science, and of course romance. Then I began to think to myself about how movies like to make the story a tad different than whats in a game or book. So I downloaded a couple of apps on my phone. Comixology and the Marvel app. Downloaded a couple of comic books and dove right in. The first one I took a look at was Hulk. I'm lost for words on that comic. What I mean to say is that it's a really good comic. That would be one I would suggest to anyone. But whatever you do, don't watch the movie that came out in 03. I tried watching that after reading the comic and damn did that movie suck. 

Anyways, I don't want this blog to go on forever. I've been through a few comics so far. One comic I'm reading now is Prototype. I've played the game ad beaten it. I found that the story is very well said in a comic than in a game. Alex Mercer plays a very good part in this. As far as the bad guy, but not the bad guy. Well, anyone that's interested in comics, I suggest checking out Prototype. You will not be disappointed.