Avatar image for smashedcontrollers
SmasheControllers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By SmasheControllers

Warcraft 4 because I love RTS but hate Starcraft.

Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By Karmum

Neither, I'd like Blizzard to try a whole new IP.

sjschmidt93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

User Lists: 20

#6  Edited By sjschmidt93

Warcraft 4 without a doubt.

lemon360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By lemon360

You just know theyre making war4. the WoW expansions are all pointing to War4.

sjschmidt93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

User Lists: 20

#8  Edited By sjschmidt93
@lemon360: Really? Explain your thoughts behind. Your the only one I've heard say that. I don't think destroying Azeroth will eventually lead to WC4.
Seedofpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By Seedofpower

Its been rumored that their secret project that it is a new MMO. Its for when they squeese Wow dry for everything its worth.

But I would really like a new Warcraft 3 style rts in the same or new universe.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#10  Edited By Yummylee

I've been wanting a Warcraft 4 over the MMO ever since WoW was announced :'(
Avatar image for themustachehero
TheMustacheHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#11  Edited By TheMustacheHero
@Karmum said:
" Neither, I'd like Blizzard to try a whole new IP. "
MMOs can have a new IP...>_>
crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#12  Edited By crusader8463

they already said its a new MMO.

citizenkane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 106

#13  Edited By citizenkane

I force myself not to play MMOs, so I will go with Warcraft 4.

Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#14  Edited By Karmum
@TheMustacheHero said:
" @Karmum said:
" Neither, I'd like Blizzard to try a whole new IP. "
MMOs can have a new IP...>_> "
I think you know what I mean, new MMOs and Warcraft 4 would be cool and all (W4 would be really cool, actually), but divulging from the regular Starcraft, Warcraft, and Diablo formula (the Diablo formula I happen to love), would be nice too.

Oh whatever, who am I kidding. I'd love to see a Warcraft 4.
FalconCritical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By FalconCritical

Warcraft 4, so they can return some semblance of story and cohesion to the world.  I used to love the story of Warcraft.

tekmojo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By tekmojo

MMO, it's the future.

juanvaldes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By juanvaldes
@crusader8463 said:
" they already said its a new MMO. "
Exactly. There is no mystery about what games are in the works at Blizzard right now. Warcraft 4 will come eventually but for now they are pushing the lore along with WoW.
Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Milkman

You are never going to see Warcraft 4. When Blizzard made Warcraft a MMO, they completed the perfect trinity. They got the RTS, the hack-n-slash and the MMO. 

AndrewB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#19  Edited By AndrewB

I've given up hope of a Warcraft 4 ever coming out. When you're pulling in boatloads of cash, why would you ever change that business model? When WoW finally starts to teeter, Blizzard will announce WoW 2.

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By pause422

It doesn't really matter what anyone chooses, they are working on a new mmo, and that's been confirmed for a while now. I doubt they will ever do another warcraft RTS game, and if they did they would make it after whatever has gone on in WoW already...so it would feel extremely weird.

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By xyzygy

Yeah, I just wish they'd do something new instead of milking what they already have. It ruined Warcraft's story - they don't even care what they write about Warcraft now, they just feed the Wowheads their drivel of a storyline and that's enough to please them.

Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#22  Edited By Diamond

I'd bet by the time they put out Starcraft 2 and Diablo 3, which will be 2011 at the earliest, they'll be working on a new MMO.

DanielJW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#23  Edited By DanielJW
@AndrewB said:
" I've given up hope of a Warcraft 4 ever coming out. When you're pulling in boatloads of cash, why would you ever change that business model? When WoW finally starts to teeter, Blizzard will announce WoW 2. "
Cataclysm is essentially WoW 2. They're redoing the entire world, and making massive changes to classes and stats and everything. 
Avatar image for themustachehero
TheMustacheHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By TheMustacheHero
@DanielJW said:

" @AndrewB said:

" I've given up hope of a Warcraft 4 ever coming out. When you're pulling in boatloads of cash, why would you ever change that business model? When WoW finally starts to teeter, Blizzard will announce WoW 2. "
Cataclysm is essentially WoW 2. They're redoing the entire world, and making massive changes to classes and stats and everything.  "
Nah, that's just the going away party. They are basically destroying the world and giving everyone what they want before they call it quits on WoW.
DanielJW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By DanielJW
@TheMustacheHero said:
" @DanielJW said:

" @AndrewB said:

Cataclysm is essentially WoW 2. They're redoing the entire world, and making massive changes to classes and stats and everything.  "
Nah, that's just the going away party. They are basically destroying the world and giving everyone what they want before they call it quits on WoW. "
I find that hard to believe, I don't know why they'd roll in with a WoW 2 when they have so much cash coming in from WoW 1. It doesn't seem like a good move, they'd probably lose players in the jump.
crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#26  Edited By crusader8463
@DanielJW: 
Its wow 1.5, they are going to take all the stuff they learned about making an MMO and applying it to all their old content. After, they are just going to keep making new continents for people to explore, and maybe a new class a year and a new race every 4 to 5. When their subscription numbers finally drop to about half of what they had at peak - assuming their new MMO doesn't replace WoW as their cash cow by then- then they will start work on WoW 2.
xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By xyzygy
@DanielJW: How would they lose players? What would be so different about WoW2 than from just being another expansion? You'd have to buy new software and install it, just like an expansion. Also, it's not like they would put all their server efforts into WoW 1 - that wouldn't make sense to keep WoW 1 and WoW 2 servers going at the same time. Well, it wouldn't make business sense. If they want to move players to WoW 2 all they need to do is dedicate all their current servers to it, and tada - it's just like another expansion.
DanielJW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By DanielJW
@xyzygy said:

" @DanielJW: How would they lose players? What would be so different about WoW2 than from just being another expansion? You'd have to buy new software and install it, just like an expansion. Also, it's not like they would put all their server efforts into WoW 1 - that wouldn't make sense to keep WoW 1 and WoW 2 servers going at the same time. Well, it wouldn't make business sense. If they want to move players to WoW 2 all they need to do is dedicate all their current servers to it, and tada - it's just like another expansion. "

Do you think they'd carry over your old characters though? If they were to do that I don't think they would, and thats where they'd lose there people. If you're so invested in the first WoW you aren't going to be too happy when all thier resources go to WoW 2 where you'd lose the character you put all your time into. If they did carry over the character I could maybe see it, but still it just doesn't seem like it would be too good of a move, at least not in the foreseeable future, theres so much more they can do with what they have now, and it's not like people aren't willing to play it. 

@crusader8463

said:

" @DanielJW:  Its wow 1.5, they are going to take all the stuff they learned about making an MMO and applying it to all their old content. After, they are just going to keep making new continents for people to explore, and maybe a new class a year and a new race every 4 to 5. When their subscription numbers finally drop to about half of what they had at peak - assuming their new MMO doesn't replace WoW as their cash cow by then- then they will start work on WoW 2. "

But by the time subscriptions go like that, I don't think they'll do WoW 2, it'll be something new in my opinion. I think that when WoW dies, they'll probably just leave it dead. This new MMO will get their resources, and they'll move along. 
pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By pause422
@xyzygy said:
" @DanielJW: How would they lose players? What would be so different about WoW2 than from just being another expansion? You'd have to buy new software and install it, just like an expansion. Also, it's not like they would put all their server efforts into WoW 1 - that wouldn't make sense to keep WoW 1 and WoW 2 servers going at the same time. Well, it wouldn't make business sense. If they want to move players to WoW 2 all they need to do is dedicate all their current servers to it, and tada - it's just like another expansion. "
Blizzard themselves have already gone over that a ton. Making a sequel to an existing mmo is always worse than continuously updating the first one. That's something I really doubt they will do. They've said the new mmo they're working on is not in any existing universe they have right now, so its definitely not going to be a WoW 2.
Metroid545

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#30  Edited By Metroid545

neither blizzard has potential to make some other kick ass games but has been spending alot of time on WoW

Quacktastic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Quacktastic

I'm not even sure Warcraft would ever go back to being an RTS.  The audience they built with the MMO, who know it as an RPG, is gigantic and they've got Starcraft already - the most popular RTS in the world.

They are probably going to ride out the Warcraft IP with WoW and not touch it for a while, with exception to expansions.  Even if (when) they release a new MMO, WoW will be a cash cow long into the second games lifespan.  WoW could lose 90% of it's player base and still make more money than other MMOs.

Also, once Starcraft releases they still won't be done.  Two more campaigns comfirmed and possible expansions to that?
Diablo 3 for 2011? Expansions to that?
New MMO rumoured to be happening?

Blizzard is busy as hell.  Look for WC4 in 2050.. on the moon?

GunnBjorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By GunnBjorn

WoW pretty much is the sequell to Warcraft III. 
I think they'll continue with more MMO, it's more profitable as well...
WitchHunter_Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By WitchHunter_Z

It's not going to happen for a long time, but I need my Warcraft 4. Blizzard really knows how to make RTS's but I've never been hardcore enough in that genre to get into Starcraft; and Starcraft 2 will be exactly the same. I just hope when it comes to Warcraft 4 they ignore most of WoW's plot, as they've pretty much fucked up the story for the sake of cool boss encounters [don't get me wrong, that was the right move to take; no-one wants to fight no-name characters]

Cuddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Cuddy

Plox Give me something new from Blizzard that isnt based on one of their old Universes..... something that actually makes me interessted....

rokkis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By rokkis

I'll be happy with a new Blizzard MMO. Warcraft 4 can be cancelled for all I care.

@Quacktastic:
The new MMO based on a new IP isn't a rumour. It's confirmed. 

Sauce
, and there's a million more if you'll google it.

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By penguindust

Rumors are that Blizzards next game will be a "Free-to-Play" MMO...you see, you have to take into account how much Blizz loves money and F2P games are big money in Asia.

Azteck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Azteck

An MMO without monthly fee might be a nice change. It's not like they can't afford it.

Lashe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Lashe

Warcraft 4 fo' shizzle 

gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

#39  Edited By gamer_152  Moderator

I think Blizzard are doing a good job focusing all their MMO energy on World of Warcraft, the game is still going strong and Cataclysm is looking great. With Starcraft 2 coming out and it being quite a while since Warcraft 3 I'd like to see their take on a new Warcraft game.

torus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By torus

I would pay for an MMO in the SC universe. I would NOT pay for another game in the Warcraft universe. It just doesn't interest me anymore.

Ignor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Ignor

The Lost Vikings 3.

GunnBjorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By GunnBjorn
@Ignor said:
" The Lost Vikings 3. "

Now that would be cool. 
The first one was superb, the second one wasn't all that. 
Heck, even a remake i would appreciate.
Cerza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 4

#43  Edited By Cerza
@Ignor said:
"  The Lost Vikings 3. "
HELL YES!!!
vager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

#44  Edited By vager

Well Blizzard does have a new IP MMO in the works right now..
AndrewB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#45  Edited By AndrewB

WoW 2 would have to be an actual new game, built with a new engine. Cataclysm is identified even by Blizzard as an expansion pack, and it certainly fits the expansion pack classification.

killdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By killdave

Not even worth thinking about - we are talking a GOOOOD half decade plus, till the next new Blizzard product

Tordah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#47  Edited By Tordah

I've been waiting for Warcraft 4 ever since I read that World Of Warcraft was going to be an MMO.