Was First Week of March 2017 the Best Week for Gaming Releases?

MikeLemmer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 2

Last week, we saw the release of Horizon, Torment: Tides of Numenera, and Zelda. I suppose you could also squeeze Nier: Automata into that as well, barely. That's a list of games you could make a legit Top 3 GotY list from. I'm having trouble remembering another week where that many heavy hitters were released. Can anyone else?

JasonMasters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Obligatory 1998 comment. But seriously, it is exciting to see all of this happening. I can't afford to buy any of these games (I have Torment through Kickstarter) but the zeitgeist is fun to watch from a distance.

LawGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

Not to be that guy, but for North America, both Horizon and Torment came out on February 28th, so they aren't technically part of the first week of March.

Also, I'm in the camp of Horizon being "good not great." Can't say I completely agree with Jeff's gushing 5-star review.

hans_maulwurf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

It's two weeks, but the gold standard for me still is may 2010 with alan wake (14th), red dead redemption (18th) and alpha protocol (27th).

liquiddragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 19

MGS2 and Halo: CE apparently came out on the same week so that's a pretty crazy week. GTA3 and THPS3, same week. It's kinda like asking what's your favorite game.

MezZa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I honestly have no idea. After following games for two decades I can barely remember which games came out in a specific year let alone all within one week. It has been a good few days though. And there's even more on the horizon.

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Whole year has been pretty great so far. Already placing Night In The Woods and Horizon on my Top-10 list of the year and we still have over 9 months to go.

Fezrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Fezrock

I don't think anything touches November 11-18, 2011: Skyrim, AC: Revelations, Rayman: Origins, Saints Row the Third, and Minecraft.

That's two of the most influential games of the past several years; the game that made Saints Row great; a really solid platformer; and a completely decent AAA game.

There were also a huge number of smaller games released that week as well, like Anno 2070.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

It's the best week/month/year for threads about how it's the best week/month/year for games, I'll tell ya that much.