Weird Feeling

This topic is locked from further discussion.

AndyKoopa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Hi Guys,

I feel like Giant Bomb has been weird lately. I can't seem to come around on Dan. I think I started feeling like this once Vinny left as a regular on the Bombcast and UPF. And its not juat about him not being there it is more of the chemistry between him, Jeff and Brad that I am missing. It juat feels like a different show now. Anyone else feel like that?

fisk0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 75

#2 fisk0  Moderator

I agree Giant Bomb has been kinda weird recently, part of it is certainly the staff spreading out across the US, but I think the most jarring thing has been how toxic the community have gotten at some points. :/

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fisk0: It always has been toxic it's just you don't notice it when nobody makes a big deal about it.

VierasTalo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wouldn't describe it as weird. It's different. I can appreciate difference. Things become stale over time. Change is refreshing.

And seriously, who here isn't immensely enjoying all the Alex+Vinny-content?

AndyKoopa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By AndyKoopa

@vierastalo: hahaha true, maybe I just need to give it time. Definitely seems like Vinny and Alex will be the must watch for me on the site.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

@fisk0: It always has been toxic it's just you don't notice it when nobody makes a big deal about it.

Sadly this is true. Although I think the moderation seems to be making a super hard swing in the opposite direction now. Whereas before it was extremely lax now the entire comments section for the Bombcast is getting locked away because of a few sour apples.

It's still my favorite gaming site but it's undoubtedly not the same anymore. I know Jeff always says he intends for Giant Bomb to keep evolving but I don't think anyone thought it would happen like this.

bemusedchunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By bemusedchunk

THE SKY IS FALLING

AndrewB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 16

#8  Edited By AndrewB

I think what Giant Bomb is looking for is constructive criticism, not "I don't like this guy."

I've pointed out before 'round here that way back in the formation of the site, when Vinny was first brought onto the podcast and then announced to be a hire on the site, I had no idea who he was and he felt like an outsider to me as someone who was familiar with Ryan, Jeff, and Brad. Turns out he's an awesome person (if I buy a VinCo. shirt, can I get a hug from Vinny?).

Dan is awesome, Jason could use some more on-screen time, and while it's a different dynamic because every person is different, the weirdness will most likely go away unless you're dead-set on not accepting different.

Although I still support #TeamDanny.

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

But that non-SF content though.

Avatar image for thebluthcompany
TheBluthCompany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

@andykoopa: I get where you're coming from. Give Dan some time though to build some chemistry with the others. It takes some time.

sweep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 14

#11 sweep  Moderator

While we appreciate and encourage feedback, we ask that any criticism is kept constructive, which means writing something more than "I can't seem to come around on Dan." There has been extensive discussion on this topic over the past few weeks and, as nobody here is presenting a fresh or meaningful take on the issue, this discussion will be locked.

@fisk0 said:

I agree Giant Bomb has been kinda weird recently, part of it is certainly the staff spreading out across the US, but I think the most jarring thing has been how toxic the community have gotten at some points. :/

We're currently in the process of evaluating how the community is managed and we hope to address these concerns in the near future.

Thanks for your patience, everyone.