Weird thing I just now noticed about Infamous: Second Son

Avatar image for deactivated-5cc8838532af0
deactivated-5cc8838532af0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 12

I just gone done watching their video from gamescom and just noticed that the previous Infamous games took place in fictional cities. For some reason it just strikes me as odd and makes me wonder if they will even refer to the fake cities in the previous games as straight up New York and New Orleans. Anyone else have thoughts on this?

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

It is a little inconsistent, but eh, whatever.

Avatar image for mariachimacabre
MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

In Second Son, it's spelled "Seeaddle".

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

As a Seattle resident, I'm really curious to see how well they'll actually represent the city. Hopefully it's more than just some weird video game version of downtown and Seattle Center.

Doskias

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

It doesn't strike me as that odd, since Grand Theft Auto and Saints Row both acknowledge that other, real-world cities exist. So there's a precedent for that sort of thing.

I imagine if the events of Infamous or Infamous 2 are important to this game's story, they'll be referred to by their in-game names. Otherwise, maybe not?

Also, while we're here, a spoilery question: Since both conduits and regular humans exist side-by-side in this game, does that imply that Cole chose the "bad" ending in Infamous 2?

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By ShaggE

There's always a man, a lighthouse, and a Seattle.

Avatar image for selfconfessedcynic
selfconfessedcynic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

I could have sworn that previous Infamous games called states by their real names and referenced Washington at least. It continues in the tradition of fictional cities being used to create bubbles for characters to exist in an otherwise realistic world (eg. Gotham). Considering Infamous has always been highly inspired by comic books, I'm fine with it and don't think it'll break immersion.

ThunderSlash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By ThunderSlash

@doskias said:

It doesn't strike me as that odd, since Grand Theft Auto and Saints Row both acknowledge that other, real-world cities exist. So there's a precedent for that sort of thing.

I imagine if the events of Infamous or Infamous 2 are important to this game's story, they'll be referred to by their in-game names. Otherwise, maybe not?

Also, while we're here, a spoilery question: Since both conduits and regular humans exist side-by-side in this game, does that imply that Cole chose the "bad" ending in Infamous 2?

I heard somewhere that they chose that ending due to there being more unlocked trophies for that than the other ending.

Edit: It was the good ending in which Cole sacrifices himself as stated here.

Doskias

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@doskias said:

I heard somewhere that they chose that ending due to there being more unlocked trophies for that than the other ending.

Ah, cool, cool. That makes sense in its way.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

@doskias: Good ending is canon, based on trophy data.

Clonedzero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's probably like almost any other super hero universe.

In marvel and DC they reference major cities but they usually dont base superheroes in them, but sometimes they do! It's weird, but who cares?