Well-regarded 2014 games that disappointed you

• 110 results
Christoffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

Well, I haven't been playing a lot of 2014 games. The only thing I could think of that would match a tiny bit is Dark Souls 2. I really thought I would spend more time with it but I burned out early on in my second playthrough. I still like the game though, but, maybe I was a slightly disappointed.

But I guess that's what most reviewers and players are saying, also.

LarryDavis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#102  Edited By LarryDavis

Transistor is a fucking snooze.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#103  Edited By Yummylee

I haven't played many 2014 releases, though most of what I have I've enjoyed. I guess Super Smash Brothers on 3DS was well reviewed, though the terrible online portion and lack of engaging single-player content left me with a feeling of buyers remorse. Perhaps the online has improved since release, but even still it's too late... I'm never going back to that game again until I have access to its Wii U version.

peritus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@afabs515 said:

Dark Souls 2 was this year's biggest disappointment to me. It wasn't a bad game; it just wasn't a fantastic Souls game IMO.

I agree. But man, dark souls 1 is a tough act to follow.

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i try not to focus on the negative.

love the soundtrack, art design, and the combat (especially when it really gets going later on) in transistor so i can't in good conscience call that disappointing.

gike987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Transistor, one of the worst most easily broken combat systems in a long time with a poorly told story. My biggest disappointment in years.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a0917a2494ce
deactivated-5a0917a2494ce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

Shadow of Mordor. It feels hollow; there are a ton of ideas but the world is just boring. I'm hoping for a more interesting sequel.

frymillstrum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Transitor would definitely be up there for me.

extintor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 23

@lnin0 said:

... Hopefully enough people have been burned in 2014, that 2015 will signal the death of the pre-order and the end of the industry being able to sell a gold plated turd for more than a solid, satisfying meal.

Pre-ordering games encourages some of the most egregious steamy bullshit in the games industry right now.

I've been contemplating starting a new thread where GB users could pledge to make 2015 a year where they do not place a single pre-order.

Do you reckon people could stop themselves for a whole year?

spraynardtatum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1