What do you do when the staff hates a game you are playing?

• 157 results
Haruko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

I could care less they're not me so they're entitled to their opinion. Though I will say I get somewhat irked if they like something I don't if only because they talk about stuff I'm not a fan of more.

Superkenon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 8

I'm deep into Nintendo stuff and JRPG's, so having members of the staff dislike or not understand my jams is pretty much an every day occurrence.

But I love the guys to death and continue to soak up everything this site puts out. Turns out you can respect and enjoy the insights of others, even when they're not in line with your own. It's crazy stuff.

wumbo3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 38

Why does it matter?

Bipa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I get a little annoyed, maybe write a snarky comment, then move on.

MEATBALL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#155  Edited By MEATBALL

It can totally bum me out sometimes - Destiny isn't one of those times (in spite of the fact that I'm loving it), though. Jeff's criticisms are largely spot-on and Brad is into the game anyway - it sounds like Drew is enjoying its gameplay, too, so it's not all negativity.

I find it difficult to listen to the year-end podcasts because it's an exercise in tearing apart and looking at all of these games I've loved with a super critical eye - which is really cool, and it's awesome that Giant Bomb records them, but I have trouble listening to them without starting to feel down or even slightly aggravated.

jhajha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I leave the game and play another one. LOL.

Chop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Poop all over the house

Coke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I kill myself.

The_Nubster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

@nime said:

It usually makes me think more about the game and what I enjoy, but it never makes me doubt that enjoyment. If anything its interesting hearing another side of arguments. Opinions y'all.

The only time it kinda irks me is with Dan, as I feel he isn't as good at pinning down or articulating why he enjoys or doesn't enjoy something. It gets annoying hearing I don't like this because I don't like this, regardless of if I disagree or not.

His Metro quicklook drove some people up the wall for that reason. But it seemed clear to me that he's more about the power fantasy in shooters. He doesn't like the survivalist stuff cus obviously a guy like Dan is not gonna survive an apocalypse, that's clear to anyone including him most likely. But then he says he wants the story to weave more into the gameplay, but immediately follows up by acknowledging "I understand the irony, being the biggest MGS fan here". He hasnt even been here very long but I already feel like I know exactly where he's coming from taste-wise specifically because of his lack of filter. He likes the chaotic aspect of Gang Beasts and then, unlike Jeff and Brad who are super inconsistent and fickle, likes Smash Bros for the same reason. He's actually one of the most consistent people at the site and he hasnt even been here long.

I think a lot of people choose to gloss over the fact that Dan always explains his opinions. He was angrier than I've seen him during that Metro QL, but he did say that he acknowledges that it's a well-made game, that there's an audience, and that a lot of the problems he was having there was because he wasn't listening very closely. People just heard him say a bad thing and then turned the QL off, when in reality, he wasn't trying to say it was a bad game, just that he didn't like the mechanics of it.

InternetDotCom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Look for a complex conspiracy system between the game writing industry.