What do you think about Project Giana?

hw2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#1  Edited By hw2k

Personally I've never really played the old games, but the game itself looks neat enough. I'm mostly looking forward to the new music from Chris Hülsbeck and Machinae Supremacy though :)

If you haven't seen it, it is currently a Kickstarter project in need of funding: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/project-giana/project-giana

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By falserelic

For me its not my type of game.

kalmis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 115

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By kalmis

I don't quite understand who it is aimed for. I used to play the original back on C64 and this game doesn't seem/feel anything like it. Of course they need to upgrade the game some way. Only similarity I see is the character being a girl and the soundtrack. They changed too much on the gameplay. Spinning attack, changing forms at will and the art-style is just not for me. It looks too much like Trine. Which should be a compliment I suppose. Giana Sisters was the bootleg Mario that was hard as nails. (Well that's how I remember it). This is just too cute and doesn't tingle my nostalgia senses at all. I even played their previous Giana "reboot" game. The DS version that is. It was way too easy and short. Also it some odd sections with soda bottles or something.

Dogma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By Dogma

I like the twist element. It's a very cool idea and it looks awesome! I think this looks promosing. I don't want Giana to continue being a Mario clone so this is the right thing to do witht he franchise. It has enough of new cool ideas to stand on it's own.

cyraxible

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By cyraxible

What a weird thing to put a kickstarter together for. I guess that's where we're at with that.

Still not so sure about crowd sourcing your money to wrap up and launch a game.

JoeyRavn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By JoeyRavn

I adoredGiana Sisters DS, I enjoyed it a shitload more than New Super Mario Bros. I never back Kickstarter projects... but, fuck, I really like Giana Sisters. I think I'll wait for the Steam release, but I'm definitely getting this game.

Astromarine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By Astromarine

Not about Michaels = no interest.

RVonE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers