#1 Posted by hw2k (11 posts) -

Personally I've never really played the old games, but the game itself looks neat enough. I'm mostly looking forward to the new music from Chris Hülsbeck and Machinae Supremacy though :)

If you haven't seen it, it is currently a Kickstarter project in need of funding: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/project-giana/project-giana

#2 Posted by falserelic (5278 posts) -

For me its not my type of game.

#3 Posted by kalmis (1558 posts) -

I don't quite understand who it is aimed for. I used to play the original back on C64 and this game doesn't seem/feel anything like it. Of course they need to upgrade the game some way. Only similarity I see is the character being a girl and the soundtrack. They changed too much on the gameplay. Spinning attack, changing forms at will and the art-style is just not for me. It looks too much like Trine. Which should be a compliment I suppose. Giana Sisters was the bootleg Mario that was hard as nails. (Well that's how I remember it). This is just too cute and doesn't tingle my nostalgia senses at all. I even played their previous Giana "reboot" game. The DS version that is. It was way too easy and short. Also it some odd sections with soda bottles or something.

#4 Posted by Dogma (943 posts) -

I like the twist element. It's a very cool idea and it looks awesome! I think this looks promosing. I don't want Giana to continue being a Mario clone so this is the right thing to do witht he franchise. It has enough of new cool ideas to stand on it's own.

#5 Posted by cyraxible (682 posts) -

What a weird thing to put a kickstarter together for. I guess that's where we're at with that.

Still not so sure about crowd sourcing your money to wrap up and launch a game.

#6 Posted by JoeyRavn (4946 posts) -

I adored Giana Sisters DS, I enjoyed it a shitload more than New Super Mario Bros. I never back Kickstarter projects... but, fuck, I really like Giana Sisters. I think I'll wait for the Steam release, but I'm definitely getting this game.

#7 Posted by Astromarine (77 posts) -

Not about Michaels = no interest.

#8 Posted by RVonE (4601 posts) -

So good...