What do you think this "New Direction" SR3 is going to take?

K0rN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By K0rN

Personally I think they are going to try to make the game much more serious like in GTA IV. Thoughts?
applet0n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2  Edited By applet0n
@K0rN: Good god, I hope not. I loved Saints Row 2's crazy and random style, gunning down gangbangers in a Pirate outfit with a buddy beside me in an equally crazy outfit, both equipping Pipe Canes... 

Good times.
trophyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By trophyhunter
@applet0n said:

" @K0rN: Good god, I hope not. I loved Saints Row 2's crazy and random style, gunning down gangbangers in a Pirate outfit with a buddy beside me in an equally crazy outfit, both equipping Pipe Canes...  Good times. "

Zajtalan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Zajtalan

why is this not in a game page i hate when people do this

Rayfield

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By Rayfield

After nearly putting my foot through my TV because of the ending of Saint's Row, and seeing the hot dog costume/spraying shit on people aspect of Saints Row 2, the Saints Row franchise no longer possess what I want from an open-world game.
Avatar image for charlesalanratliff
CharlesAlanRatliff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 34

I want more co-op!

trophyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7  Edited By trophyhunter
@Rayfield said:
" After nearly putting my foot through my TV because of the ending of Saint's Row, and seeing the hot dog costume/spraying shit on people aspect of Saints Row 2, the Saints Row franchise no longer possess what I want from an open-world game. "
so are you with it or against it?
Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#8  Edited By Yummylee

Maybe just revolving around its different city. The SR2 DLC clearly shows it won't be based in stilwater anymore.
DanielJW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#9  Edited By DanielJW

Mario skins, magic spells, and moral choices. I predict that all of these things will be key elements in the next Saints Row game.

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#10  Edited By chaser324  Moderator

Well, with the way SR2 ends, I think they pretty much have to take the game in a new direction in terms of plot and setting. 

As long as they keep the same carefree, borderline insane atmosphere, I'll be fine. Let the people at Rockstar handle the mature Scorsese-esque stories.

Rayfield

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Rayfield
@trophyhunter said:
" @Rayfield said:
" After nearly putting my foot through my TV because of the ending of Saint's Row, and seeing the hot dog costume/spraying shit on people aspect of Saints Row 2, the Saints Row franchise no longer possess what I want from an open-world game. "
so are you with it or against it? "

Oh yes sorry. I think making Saints Row more serious is a sure-fire way to lose money.
mr_faraday

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By mr_faraday

I dont mind if its in a new town or if your a new character but it better at least have to do with the Saints, cause then the name wouldnt make sense. Also I agree it shouldnt become more serious, the crazyness of SR2 is one of the reasons i consider it to be ten-times more fun than GTA4.

septim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#13  Edited By septim

I wouldn't mind a better and more serious story. That would only make the insane gameplay seem even more over-the-top.

GeneralTurkle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#14  Edited By GeneralTurkle
@Zajtalan said:
" why is this not in a game page i hate when people do this "
The forums have been doing this for alot of games lately
edtwo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#15  Edited By edtwo

I dont see how they can continue with the same plot. there is now way they can explain how your character has a completely new face and gender, like the end of saints row 1 did. Unless they do what mass effect 2 did, I dont see how the plot line will follow from saints row 2. maybe it's set years later and your character dies of old age or something, and now the saints are in flying cars or some shit (that would be awesome actually)

Chyro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Chyro

Let me put it this way.  I bought GTA IV for cheap during the holidays.  It's still sitting on there for going on a month and a half.  While Saints Row 2 is just way more fun and I beat it about  2 weeks after purchasing it.  Also GTA games have always had a problem with no check points.  When the hell are they going to figure out that restarting you before you even begin the mission is a terrible idea?  It's annoying. 

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By CL60
@Zajtalan said:
" why is this not in a game page i hate when people do this "
Calm down, it's a bug in the new GiantBomb code.
applet0n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By applet0n
@Chyro: Dude yes, thats why when I replayed Saints Row 2 with a friend I realised that its so much more relaxing knowing that you don't have to waste time replaying large chunks of the story.