What Game Do You Expect To Be Overlooked For GOTY Awards?

• 163 results
phrosnite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#151  Edited By phrosnite

@cruxking said:

I think Diablo 3 is probably not gonna get jack for awards.

Diablo 3 doesn't deserve any awards to begin with.

If they have a "best PC game" the probably won't give it to Dark Souls because noone played it. Still, Dark Souls is the best game that has come out this year on the PC.

solorex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#152  Edited By solorex
@phrosnite: This. Dark Souls is the best experience I've had with a video game on any platform in a long while.
Mezmero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#153  Edited By Mezmero

: Jeff and Brad have been talking up Pushmo a lot so this is a case where Ghost Trick will probably be overlooked for that category. I only played it this year because of the iPhone release and was blown away by how good it is.

Sooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#154  Edited By Sooty

Persona 4 Golden

2008's 2012 game of the year.

jdh5153

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#155  Edited By jdh5153

Madden never wins GOTY. Madden 13 and FIFA 13 were pretty amazing this year, I think they deserve top 10 consideration. NBA 2k13 too. Otherwise I think Dishonored will be overlooked. Any other year it'd probably win, but it's not going to compete with Black Ops II and Halo 4 (or Assassin's Creed III even).

Avatar image for siroptimusprime
SirOptimusPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#156  Edited By SirOptimusPrime

I doubt Patrick will fight very hard for Dragon's Dogma, even though I think it deserves a champion. Then again, he would defend it for reasons that I don't think it deserves to win for (me for the combat and loot, him for the wackadoo ending/ng+ reasoning).

Also, Soul Calibur 5 will be overlooked despite it being an incredible game from pretty much every angle. I haven't been into 3d fighters for a long time, but this sucked me in at a relatively competitive level for a few months, plus the singleplayer is REALLY good and the netcode (which I never really used) is also fantastic. Honestly, thinking about it, if I don't get around to XCOM or Sleeping Dogs this year, that is my GotY.

talkingtoast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157  Edited By talkingtoast

I think that the most recent World of Warcraft expansion is an amazing accomplishment that is worthy of respect. I don't personally think it's my 'game of the year', however I think that it deserves an amount of recognition. I know it won't, because in general, when the gaming press looks into an old MMO's expansion pack they start a new character. I hear loads of gaming journalists talk about how they played the first ten levels and then were dumped back into the old stuff. That's because it takes like, a good 40 hours of play time to make it to the actual new stuff. The expansion offers a great leveling experience, and, in my opinion an excellent end game. The game just feels so refined, so right.

All of the MMO love will fall to Guild War's 2, however, which has, in my opinion, a comparatively awful end game (Which is understandable, being a new game, however, I think you'd be hard pressed to argue that GW2 is a 'better mmo' than WoW MoP.)

And of course, if Journey or The Walking Dead get snubbed for being "Downloadable Games" everything is fucked forever and the world is terrible.

Avatar image for deactivated-57d4cf64585b7
deactivated-57d4cf64585b7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sawtooth said:

Xenoblade is going to be extremely overlooked

This. I never ended up beating it but it was very solid.

The Last Story as well.

Clonedzero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159  Edited By Clonedzero

darksiders 2 is worthy of mention, maybe not winning anything, but it was still a really cool game.

Deusx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160  Edited By Deusx

Kid Icarus Uprising and basically every game I liked this year.

Cathryn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

#161  Edited By Cathryn

Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward

jonnyboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#162  Edited By jonnyboy

Fez wont be remembered for how good it was to play and (especially listen to). Rather it will be remembered as 'That game by that loud mouth arse in that movie who annoyed nerds with some comments about Japan'.

Also Journey kinda pulled the indie rug from underneath it.

xxxlynchxxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#163  Edited By xxxlynchxxx

Syndicate is my GOTY. People who played it seemed to like it. Unfortunately not many tried it. I loved it. Favourite shooter, favourite multiplayer! Just great.

Avatar image for matthewthebeast
MatthewTheBeast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#164  Edited By MatthewTheBeast

Both of my personal GOTY are pretty niche, Crusader Kings 2 and Napoleonic Wars(albeit, it's just a 2012 expansion to a 2009 game).