What games do you have pre-ordered and why?

• 74 results
Clonedzero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By Clonedzero

that havent come out yet? none. its silly to preorder games months before release.

the ONLY time ive preordered games was through amazon and those times have been like 2 days before release, and only cus i was going to buy it from amazon anyways.

UitDeToekomst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#52  Edited By UitDeToekomst
Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

#53  Edited By Humanity

@UitDeToekomst said:

XCOM: Enemy Unknown, Borderlands 2, Assassin's Creed III. Why? Because I think they are going to be awesome, and I want to play them the day they are released.

Got kinda burned on AC: Revelations. That E3 trailer had me PUMPED and I was expecting them to follow tradition and make a really cool trailer with some progressive music for AC3. Oh well. From what I saw of AC3 actual gameplay it looked pretty matched the same as before. You had the same sequence of a guy running away from you and your Altair-esque character runs somewhere higher and pounces on him.

I think I just got a little jaded on the whole series after it stopped being about innovation and started being this annual cash cow.

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#54  Edited By Ravenlight

Does backing a game on Kickstarter count as preordering? I don't tend to preorder games in the traditional sense.

AndrewB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#55  Edited By AndrewB

Zero Escape is the only thing now, but I'm thinking of biting on the Civ V expansion pack even though it'll be out real soon anyway. I usually wait for a great pre-order sale to hit before I plop down money on a game I know I'll be getting anyway.

Ace829

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

#56  Edited By Ace829

@biggiedubs said:

Spirit Camera for the 3DS! The UK finally gets it at the end of June, and I'm pretty pumped. I guess because it came out in April for the US and I've heard absolutely nothing about it on any of the various podcasts and blogs I keep up-to-date with, probably means it sucks. BUT I WILL SUPPORT YOU SPIRIT CAMERA. I SUPPORT CRAZY SHIT LIKE THIS

Fatal Frame 2: Wii version, for much the same reason. Always prefered Fatal Frame to our name of 'Project Zero'.

Here are a few opinions on the game. It's gotten pretty blasted.

http://www.destructoid.com/review-spirit-camera-the-cursed-memoir-225748.phtml

http://www.joystiq.com/2012/04/13/spirit-camera-the-cursed-memoir-review/

http://www.nintendolife.com/reviews/3ds/spirit_camera_the_cursed_memoir

Sorry if it kills your enthusiasm for the game.

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#57  Edited By Milkman

None because pre-ordering is for suckers.

Talis12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By Talis12

borderlands 2.. for the obvious reason that it is awesome

Avatar image for deactivated-629eab11cc270
deactivated-629eab11cc270

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sideshow said:

borderlands 2.. for the obvious reason that it is awesome

TehFlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#61  Edited By TehFlan

I think the only game I have pre-ordered right now is Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance. I don't pre-order games unless I'm planning on buying the game right away anyways and there's some kind of bonus.

QuistisTrepe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By QuistisTrepe

I haven't been much of a console gamer this generation, but among the few games I've preordered was Catherine. If ever there was truly a way to support smaller developers, preordering is the way to do it.

Almost preordered RE:ORC. Boy, am I glad I didn't take the bait. I did finally buy it for $17.99 at a Best Buy one-day sale however, mostly for the lulz.

Avatar image for cerberusprime3k
CerberusPrime3k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By CerberusPrime3k

I've pre-ordered Transformers: Fall of Cybertron huge fan of Transformers absolutely loved the first game. Game-play videos of the sequel looks very promising they really improved the graphics and the game-play.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#64  Edited By musubi

Absolutely nothing! I have no clue what I'm actually going to end up buying. I'm skewing in the direction of DOA 5 and Hitman Absolution but I know I should most likely buy Halo 4 as well. Black Ops has me intrigued but I don't know if I can afford all of this junk as I'll have to do other fun things with my money this fall such as buying winter tires for my car which cost way to much goddamn money.

sarahsdad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 21

#65  Edited By sarahsdad
  • Borderlands 2: The first one was pretty sweet, and I've loved what I've seen of the new characters/abilities/etc.
  • Assassin's Creed 3: I agree with Ryan that the last one was a little weak, but I love the setting, and have always (minus AC1) had a ton of fun with the mechanics of this series.
  • Dishonored: Choices and options are the best thing to happen to games. The setting, powers, presentation, etc. don't hurt either.
  • X-Com: The best choice is always the one to be able to re-play a game. From what I've heard, this could have a LOT of replayability.
  • Hitman: See previous two entries. Also, silent assassinations.

Probably the biggest reason I pre-order is that the way I'm wired, it's easier for me to go put in 5, 10 or 15 a paycheck for games I want than to set aside the money manually in my savings account.

Also, I have a friend that works at a local gamestop, and I like them to get whatever brownie points they get for having pre-orders next to their name.

biggiedubs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By biggiedubs

@Ace829 said:

@biggiedubs said:

Spirit Camera for the 3DS! The UK finally gets it at the end of June, and I'm pretty pumped. I guess because it came out in April for the US and I've heard absolutely nothing about it on any of the various podcasts and blogs I keep up-to-date with, probably means it sucks. BUT I WILL SUPPORT YOU SPIRIT CAMERA. I SUPPORT CRAZY SHIT LIKE THIS

Here are a few opinions on the game. It's gotten pretty blasted.

http://www.destructoid.com/review-spirit-camera-the-cursed-memoir-225748.phtml

http://www.joystiq.com/2012/04/13/spirit-camera-the-cursed-memoir-review/

http://www.nintendolife.com/reviews/3ds/spirit_camera_the_cursed_memoir

Sorry if it kills your enthusiasm for the game.

What are you doing to me?! You can't just (metaphorically) cock-block me! I thank you for your consideration and effort, good sir, but this penis cannot be denied! Metaphorically speaking. You know, cause, like, Spirit Camera is the vagina. Or something.

Seriously though, I always knew this game would probably suck, but I always make an effort to support the crazy, new shit simply because some day we might get some crazy, new and awesome shit. I also really want something to play on my 3DS.

It will probably be terrible, but I'm sure it'll be my kind of terrible. And that's all that matters. I think.

zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By zeforgotten

What: Guild Wars 2 
Why: Because what I've played of it so far including the main story they have released so far and the PVP is amazing.

betterboulder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By betterboulder

Darksiders 2 - Really liked Darksiders one

Hitman Absolution - Preordered after finding out Intuition was not a necessary mechanic and there are multiple ways to kill targets

Dishonored - Steampunk + Stealth action + Magic + Original IP = Instant buy

Assassin's Creed 3 - Been waiting since AC2. And it's a very original setting in terms of video games. Plus comes with a steelbook case

The Last of Us - Unique take on the zombie apocalypse from one of my favorite developers

Paper Mario: Sticker Star - I love Paper Mario

The Last Story - Supporting Original IPs for the Wii

Bioshock Infinite - An amazing looking game. Plain and simple

XCOM Enemy Unknown - I don't mind the FPS but this actually looks like it'll be alot more fun than the FPS version. I really love the micromanagement aspect

Avatar image for lemmycaution217
Lemmycaution217

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By Lemmycaution217

I only preorder from Amazon because they occasionally lower the price due to price matching, which recently happened to Lollipop Chainsaw (but then changed back because the place they priced matched supposedly mispriced it).

Anyway at this moment I have Persona 4 Arena, The Last Story, Persona 4 Golden, and Halo 4 Limited Edition preordered.

Oh I guess Atlus announced that there will be a free soundtrack with Persona 4 Arena so guess that is why I am preording it.

Avatar image for deactivated-5afdd08777389
deactivated-5afdd08777389

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I only pre-order games off Steam and only pre-order then when there is a discount on a game I know I will buy. I pre-ordered Quantum Conundrum. :-)

ssj4raditz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#71  Edited By ssj4raditz

Borderlands 2, because Loot Chest Edition.

Vanek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#72  Edited By Vanek

I preordered Lollipop Chainsaw today (it comes out on Friday here in the UK) and that was mainly due to the trailers. The fact it's not full price here, as of today it's still sitting at £30 ($45), does make it more appealing.

Avatar image for deactivated-589cf9e3c287e
deactivated-589cf9e3c287e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

• Borderlands 2
  • Darksiders 2
  • Torchlight 2

Might add Assassin's Creed 3 and X-Com: Enemy Unknown to that list.

_Zombie_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By _Zombie_

AC3 - I've been wanting to pre-order this for some time. It looks pretty damn sweet.

Totori

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By Totori

Pre-ordered:
AC3
Borderlands 2
Dishonored 
tekken tag 2