What happened to Borne to Run?

OrwellHuxZam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

@evilestraptor: It's on hiatus for the new Guilty Treasures feature. I'm not sure if they've said when it's coming back.

Avatar image for steelknight2000
steelknight2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

It's on for 3 weeks followed by Guilty Treasures at the end of the month, so new episode next 3 weeks.

langdon_alger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Wait, is Guilty treasures going to run for the next 3 week then? or is it 3 Borne to run's then 1 guilty treasure?

akbrehmer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Per Danny's Twitter, the schedule will be 3 weeks of Borne to Run, 1 week of Guilty Treasures, and then repeat.

So since Guilty Treasures was this week, there was no Borne to Run. Next week (and the 2 following weeks) there will be new Borne to Run episodes. And then the cycle will start over again.

izzy_izumi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wait, is Guilty treasures going to run for the next 3 week then? or is it 3 Borne to run's then 1 guilty treasure?

3 weeks on (Borne), 1 week off (Guilty Treasures).

Dareitus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Dareitus

@gb_is_washedup: They? You mean the guy who's an independent contractor and also runs his own documentary pateon/youtube channel? Who is here specifically to do the shows he was contracted to do (Bombcast, BtR, and GT) and doesn't officially work for GiantBomb?

Shit post from a shit username.

Dareitus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gb_is_washedup: what does that have to do with Danny only releasing one show a week? You realize he has to be on his shows right? If you're gonna troll at least put some amount of thought into it

lhzr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

any updates about the show?

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#12 chaser324  Moderator

I don't know if he ever said as much, but it seems reasonable to assume Danny's trip home to Ireland would've delayed the schedule on his shows a bit.

lhzr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

oh right, i remember him mentioning the trip. for some reason i assumed it would mean just a week with no show.

anyway, thanks for the reply, i was starting to think they silently cancelled it or smth.

DetBenMalone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So, is Borne to Run not coming back? I know Danny went to Ireland but it has been a WHILE since an episode has come out.

YapaPanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah it is weird, cause at this point Guilty Treasures is also off schedule as well. I assume its underlying issues that's stopping both and its not something they feel should be discussed publically.

It would be helpful if there was some notice that either show is on hiatus or stopped with out going into details? Maybe @rorie can help shed some light about expectation for the shows schedule into the near future? A little bit of expectation setting would go a long way here I guess. I also may have missed them talking about it on some UPF or Bombcast, apologies if I did.

frytup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By frytup
BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@yapapanda: @detbenmalone: It was said on a Bombcast that as Jeff G has his 2nd child, Jeff will be taking several weeks of paternity leave. While Jeff is off, Danny will have an increased editorial role where he will be playing more games to discuss on Bombcast, possible UPF appearances, do occasional Quick Looks, etc.

Between Danny’s busier temporary role, and I think some scheduling issues with Tamoor (that might be resolved by now), they mentioned on the Bombcast that Danny’s Monday videos (Borne to Run/Guilty Treasures) are on hiatus. They will likely return when Jeff G is back.

Sorry, I don’t remember which specific Bombcast this was said on. I agree that this info should be more available; either a pinned thread on the forums or an article on the site, instead of an easily missable 2 minute discussion once on the Bombcast.

sombre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#18 sombre  Online

Shame again for people who sub for promised content, and there's next to no transparency on any of their social media feeds

frytup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sombre said:

Shame again for people who sub for promised content, and there's next to no transparency on any of their social media feeds

They talked about it on a Bombcast and it's been discussed several times here. Tweeting about it would not make much difference to overall communication.

The best possible option would just be a master schedule posted on the front page with each show listed along with next expected episode dates. Even then, people would be asking why a show on hiatus is on hiatus, but there's only so much you can do. If you want to know what's going on with Giant Bomb, turns out you need to actually pay attention to Giant Bomb.

thejhawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

gb has always been terrible about transparency. its very frustrating because i'd love to support the site but in the past ive signed up for premium because of a particular feature or series they were starting got me excited/interested and then they would just never do that thing again especially GB West, not that it matters now because there aren't studios anymore haha. basically the only sure thing nowadays is the bombcast and unprofessional fridays.

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#21  Edited By ajamafalous
@frytup said:

If you want to know what's going on with Giant Bomb, turns out you need to actually pay attention to Giant Bomb.

What an asinine thing to say. I don't listen to the Bombcast nor do I watch UPF, so fuck me for finding out any info unless somebody happens to make a thread on the forums, right?

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

#22  Edited By Humanity

@frytup: Waypoint ha started doing a weekly Newsletter where they actually discuss what they will be doing for the entire week and what’s going on with the site. Newsletters are kind of archaic but GB could transform their newsletter to something a little more schedule oriented.

Like I listen to the Bombcast and I pay attention but I’m not 100% clear on just how long it’s going to be on hiatus. Until Jeff is back? Until Danny is less busy?

eccentrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

@thejhawk: Yeah, the number of promising features I've been excited for just to have them disappear without notice is depressing. Bring your Bring Your B-Game back!

YapaPanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frytup: I saw that thread and I do occasionally listen to the bombcast or UPF although not always 100% given life in general. That's why I was asking. I mean it sounds like the hiatus is going to be at least for as long as Jeff G is out on paternity, I don't think that was communicated in the previous thread about Danny's vacation which made it sound like it would be back when his vacation is over. I don't see the harm in asking if its still on hiatus for the foreseeable future or (given the history of the site) its just been abandoned for things with more interest.

I like the new show model they are trying but I would appreciate at least seeing that there will be a break in scheduling beyond a remark in a live show.

apewins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nothing about Jeff's paternity leave or other circumstances is surprising though. If their plan was to play through the Bloodborne series in time to get to the Elden Rings launch hype, that plan already unrealistic when they started and it most certainly isn't happening now. It wouldn't be the first feature that they've just unceremoniously abandoned mid-season.

frytup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frytup said:

If you want to know what's going on with Giant Bomb, turns out you need to actually pay attention to Giant Bomb.

What an asinine thing to say. I don't listen to the Bombcast nor do I watch UPF, so fuck me for finding out any info unless somebody happens to make a thread on the forums, right?

So what method of Giant Bomb communication would you actually pay attention to, then?

Tweets? Lots of people don't use twitter. Email newsletter? Email has become nothing more than spam to many people. Pinned forum posts? Posts on the front page?

Make a suggestion. No single solution is going to work for everyone, and getting all huffy because you ignore two of the primary ways GB communicates with its audience isn't very useful.

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By ajamafalous
@frytup said:
@ajamafalous said:
@frytup said:

So what method of Giant Bomb communication would you actually pay attention to, then?

Tweets? Lots of people don't use twitter. Email newsletter? Email has become nothing more than spam to many people. Pinned forum posts? Posts on the front page?

Make a suggestion. No single solution is going to work for everyone, and getting all huffy because you ignore two of the primary ways GB communicates with its audience isn't very useful.

I have been suggesting, for years, use of the front page of the actual website for anything relating to site news.

And yes, you are right that no single solution is going to work for everyone, which is exactly why they should be posting news in more places rather than just mentioning it once in an offhand comment in a video or podcast. Post a 1-3 paragraph article on the website. Surface that article on the front page. Post a link to that article on the GB twitter. Post a link to that article on the GB youtube channel alerts. Copy/paste that article in the GB email newsletter. Mention that article in the Bombcast or on UPF. The people who have been complaining for almost a decade about a lack of communication aren't doing it to be acerbic; they're doing it because it's a baffling, easily-solvable problem.

The_Nubster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

@ajamafalous: I've been with Giant Bomb for over a decade and their absolute lack of communication is baffling. Since I've grown out of being able to devour every piece of content, I often have absolutely no idea what is happening on the site. Most of my updates come from the Subreddit, which is people asking questions and then getting answers from those who are more plugged in.

The site should be used for site news, not JUST content.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

@ajamafalous: Yes exactly. Use the website. For years I’ve been advocating the creation of a news ticker or a dedicated info box so that when something is delayed or rescheduled it’s right there front and center when you come to the site. I’m in a time zone where most of GB things happen between 7pm-11pm which is incidentally the time I have dedicated for my private time after work. So plenty of times I actually have to choose if I want to play a game for the night or watch a GB feature. Plenty of times I’ve been burned by hearing that “Quick Look happening soon!” and then sitting around waiting for 2 hours and nothing only to learn that it got rescheduled - Jeff said so on his Instagram story duh.

HellBrendy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_nubster: @humanity: Hear hear!

The lack of any direct communication is baffling, and I resubbed for Borne to Run and had been waiting for an update.

Amingo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BABYYYYYYY WE WERE BORNNN TOOO RUNNNNNNNNNNNNN

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#32  Edited By csl316

Please, people, if someone asks for an update on site news... just give it to them. No need to be crappy to someone because they didn't listen to a podcast or a specific video.

Roadshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anyone remember I Love Mondays? They should bring that back.

Efesell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Efesell  Online
@frytup said:
@ajamafalous said:
@frytup said:

Take like a half second break from aggressively countering any criticism to the site you come across and you would see that people suggest putting site news on the website every single time this comes up.

styx971

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frytup said:
@ajamafalous said:
@frytup said:

I have been suggesting, for years, use of the front page of the actual website for anything relating to site news.

And yes, you are right that no single solution is going to work for everyone, which is exactly why they should be posting news in more places rather than just mentioning it once in an offhand comment in a video or podcast. Post a 1-3 paragraph article on the website. Surface that article on the front page. Post a link to that article on the GB twitter. Post a link to that article on the GB youtube channel alerts. Copy/paste that article in the GB email newsletter. Mention that article in the Bombcast or on UPF. The people who have been complaining for almost a decade about a lack of communication aren't doing it to be acerbic; they're doing it because it's a baffling, easily-solvable problem.

this! .. i mean it takes 2 seconds to write a couple sentences in a post , they have a words section perfect for that very thing but they never seem to use it . its kinda ridiculous. hell if they wanted to they could even just put a timestamp mention into it if they didn't want to 'explain' anything again since danny had mentioned it on that bombcast but not everyone listens to it when its released ( i was 2 weeks behind personally) and even those that do don't always listen to the whole thing even moreso the tail end if they might be busy ..at least i don't always

eccentrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I haven't listened to the podcasts in years and haven't watched UPF since the pivot, so I get most of my site news from the Giant Bomb Infinite chat, which feels like one of the most niche corners of the site. Not just from the community, either; sometimes Jan or Rorie will be in there answering questions and giving information about what's going on. I use Twitter and joined solely because of Giant Bomb, but due to the nature of it, it's easy to miss a lot of news even if it does make it there.

thefizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I thought Borne to Run was put on a bit of hiatus because of what is happening to Tamoor. I think Danny mentioned that. Once he gets situated and they carve out some time, I'm sure it'll be back. I hope at least.

NickM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@styx971: Deaf ears. This falls on them.

TurtleFish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ajamafalous: I've been with Giant Bomb for over a decade and their absolute lack of communication is baffling. Since I've grown out of being able to devour every piece of content, I often have absolutely no idea what is happening on the site. Most of my updates come from the Subreddit, which is people asking questions and then getting answers from those who are more plugged in.

The site should be used for site news, not JUST content.

Exactly.

Three words - I Love Mondays.

SpectralCat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Catlicker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I also miss this feature, but I'm sure they'll come back to it when it's the right time. They're probably dealing with things as they come.
There have been many changes recently to the VG sites I care for, and some of them are hard to deal with, but bashing at them won't help.

M3rlin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Missing this, too. I Have finished the game in the meantime myself. :D

malp123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Was one of the main reasons I re-subbed and now just nothing, no mention at all.

eccentrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

malp123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers