DorianOtten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By DorianOtten

Hi everyone,

I play a lot of games genres (pretty much everything except sport or racing) but my favorites are strategy and RPGs. So i always like, or at least am interested, when a non strategy/RPG uses some kind of one in it. Like Assassin's Creed Brotherhood had the recruitment and training mechanic, basically Assassin's Creed: Pokemon i guess. or the Duty Officer system in Star Trek Online, or Valkyria Chronicle's squad management and upgrade stuff, or (though i haven't played it) the "mother base" stuff from Metal Gear Solid; Peace Walker etc....

Essentially any kind of crew/base management system in a game

So my question is; is there a name for this kind of thing? I've tried looking it up both here and on other sites like Tvtropes but without having a name it's tough to articulate.

Anyone out there have any ideas or even suggestions on other games that have something like this?

fox01313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 19

#2  Edited By fox01313

It's close to the party system but maybe the site needs a new concept page for it, though after looking through the concepts related to a lot of those games I've also been unable to find anything close to it. Star Wars the Old Republic somewhat works with it too as the sidekicks you have use all kinds of support skills.

DorianOtten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By DorianOtten

@fox01313: oh yeah the send them off to grind craftables thing

DorianOtten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers