#1 Posted by RobotSquad (213 posts) -

I'm trying to spread the word, but I don't know exactly how to give someone new the best possible idea of what the site is about.

#2 Edited by Giantstalker (1660 posts) -

Probably the Gal*Gun liveshow thing from a while back

Jeff welcomes you to www.giantbomb.com

#3 Posted by cutyoface (545 posts) -

#4 Posted by HolyHackZack (105 posts) -

Generally I'll be talking with a friend about a game we're interested in and pull up the Quick Look. No can defend.

#5 Posted by Rorie (2931 posts) -

Rorie backrubs.

Staff
#6 Edited by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -
Naked Cartoon Pussy

#7 Posted by falserelic (5445 posts) -

Hold there hand...

#8 Posted by Jnal (214 posts) -

@rorie: Can we launch a kickstarter to get a giant bomb bus where you travel the country giving backrubs and reading questions from chat?

#9 Posted by OurSin_360 (921 posts) -

If someone sent me this, i would have been here much much earlier

#10 Edited by DharmaBum (1049 posts) -

Have them listen to the Bombcast. I've introduced several friends to GB via the podcast and it's now what they listen to regularly in the car or while falling asleep.

TurboMan's Best of Quick Looks are phenomenal as well.

#11 Posted by Godlyawesomeguy (6398 posts) -

Beat them with a hammer until they tell you that anime is for jerks.

#12 Posted by Optix12 (619 posts) -

related video on the 2 human video thing which I think deserves a spot

#13 Edited by Sbaitso (540 posts) -

Bombcast Excerpts are a pretty good way to give somebody a lot of bite sized pieces of goodness, particularly if they are animated.

#14 Posted by TheStandardToaster (137 posts) -

The bombcast and sleeping dogs quick looks

#15 Posted by myketuna (1710 posts) -

@sbaitso said:

Bombcast Excerpts are a pretty good way to give somebody a lot of bite sized pieces of goodness, particularly if they are animated.

Very true. When it comes to games that my friends and I are interested in, I'll pull up a QL if I can. For just the "vibes" of the crew, I'll pull up a funny animated Bombcast excerpt video. No animation is ok, but from my experience, since the person doesn't know who they are or what's about to be "the joke", they have short attention spans and might lose interest.

#16 Edited by SunBroZak (1142 posts) -

#17 Posted by RobotSquad (213 posts) -

Thanks for the suggestions guys. I have a bunch of moments in my head that I consider classic, but a lot are reliant on being familiar with the personalities.

#18 Posted by jimmy_p (278 posts) -

That new GB animated clip just to fuck with his head

#19 Posted by phantomzxro (1578 posts) -

I say Grab a really good quicklook and have them watch it, done and done.

#20 Posted by Grissefar (2842 posts) -

Just show them this guy.

#21 Posted by SunBroZak (1142 posts) -

The Sleeping Dogs quick look is actually how I found the site. I believe it was the one before the game was properly out. (it featured a few of the GB crew)

It gives you a nice impression of what to expect.

#22 Edited by mlarrabee (2971 posts) -

Toilet pie.

#23 Edited by chiablo (941 posts) -

Rider meet horse, horse meat rider.

#24 Posted by beepmachine (618 posts) -
#25 Posted by Breadfan (6590 posts) -
#26 Posted by Clonedzero (4200 posts) -

I would send them the link to the site.

#27 Posted by csl316 (8770 posts) -

I just link people to my About Me section. Really, just watch those short videos and you're set!

#28 Posted by Hailinel (24973 posts) -

It's a personality-driven video game news/reviews site with a heavy focus on video content and an expansive wiki. Introducing them to the site through in-jokes or memes only long-time visitors would understand or care about is not the way to go.

#29 Posted by csl316 (8770 posts) -

@rorie said:

Rorie backrubs.

Whoa, whoa. Never start the show with a showstopper.

#30 Posted by RonGalaxy (3181 posts) -

When they're interested in a game, but haven't bought it (yet), show them the QL of that game. It will prove to be a valuable resource instantly, and they will come back to the site for more QL's. Then, slowly overtime, they will get way deep into the site all on their own. That's what happened to me, at least.