What's the most anime thing you've seen in public.

Avatar image for spacemanspiff00
spacemanspiff00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By spacemanspiff00

So I thought it would be fun, in light of me remembering this just now and laughing, to see if you also have a funny moment to share.

I was driving through my neighborhood in summer and saw these two teens Naruto running into this house wearing full on headbands and Uchiha capes. Boy I wish I had caught them a little further from the house. Quite the display indeed. Was it purely for a laugh or was it super cereal? We'll never know. But I'll never forget.

So how's about you duders? Obviously you would see stuff like that at a con or whatever but I'm talking just mega random occurrence. Oh, I also saw a car with waifu's plastered all over it. I suspect you may have too haha.

*This popped into my head because of a funny Naruto run gag in Aquaman 2. Maybe the thing I enjoyed most about the whole flick.

brian_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I'm pretty sure I was the most anime thing someone else saw in public. One year, during a 4th of July firework show at a public park, me and some friends had a Dragon Ball fight where we timed the attacks in order to use the fireworks as sound effects.

spacemanspiff00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By spacemanspiff00

@brian_: If you have video of that you should send it to the community team. That's making the spotlight for sure!

Also, were there any costumes involved?

brian_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By brian_

@spacemanspiff00: No video or costumes, unfortunately. I was like 12 or 13 at the time. So, almost 20 years ago. It wasn't something we planned or organized or anything like that. Just a bunch of stupid kids playing around and probably annoying everyone else around us.

spacemanspiff00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@brian_: As a big DBZ fan, who might have been the same age as you then, I would have at least cheered, maybe joined. I don't quite remember where my hormones were at then.

Ben_H

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#6 Ben_H  Online

I was in primo 2001-2005 elementary/primary school territory when anime was kind of mainstream popular post-Pokemon so I saw DBZ and various other anime themed button-up shirts along with kids re-enacting and talking about scenes from DBZ constantly during recess. Also, shirts with various JDM cars and like, samurai swords and stuff? It was a weird time.

sombre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By sombre

Silk Goku shirts

The best

eccentrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 15

I think I saw an ahegao hoodie once.

sombre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By sombre

I think I saw an ahegao hoodie once.

Those people should be locked up, because they're probably sex offenders

spacemanspiff00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eccentrix:I can't say what type of confidence one must have to step out like that.

@sombre I can't go super saiyan. But I can super saiyan shirt this bitch.

spacemanspiff00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ben_h: Next time I see my cousins kids I will have to ask them how much this stuff has permeated on their playgrounds. It must be worse, right? Unless anime managed to pass over huge swaths of gen z.

judaspete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fennec foxes. Straight-up manga animals. There's no way those things are real.

comifo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh man, once saw a guy practicing Kamehameha in a grocery store. Guess he needed groceries the Saiyan way!

splodge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By splodge

Many years ago some buddies of mine were trying to get me to go to the pub but I was broke. I took out my wallet to open it and demonstrate that I had no money, and when I opened it in front of them an actual moth flew out, did a few loops and flew away.