Where will you be picking up your next generation console?

• 114 results
Lord_Xp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

Poll Where will you be picking up your next generation console? (372 votes)

GameStop 14%
Best Buy 8%
Amazon 53%
K-mart 0%
Walmart 3%
Game Console's Website 2%
I'm not buying a console 9%
Other (Specify where you are getting it from) 11%

Let's see where people are getting their console's from in Giant Bomb Community!

Do you guys plan on having it shipped to you the day of launch or will you go to the midnight launch event? Maybe some of you will just casually stroll in after work and pick it up when you have a minute. Was there a particular reason you chose the place you chose?

For me, I chose GameStop because they let me only put $100 to guarantee me a spot for my PS4. Also, they originally only had 20 of them to sell. This means there won't be a massive cluster of people in one space. Today I went up there to put a little more onto it and I asked how many will be there and the guy told me there will be forty. I will also be going to the midnight launch just because I enjoy the gamer get-togethers that is my social life.

• 
chrollo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

i guess amazon but really im first picking it up at my door soooooo

Avatar image for saturdaynightspecials
SaturdayNightSpecials

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 26

Thanks to the world-class intelligence of my state's bureaucrats, I'd pay $35 tax on a PS4 pre-order from Amazon, so that's out. I don't think there's any other place offering pre-orders that wouldn't charge tax.

irrelevantjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#53  Edited By irrelevantjohn

Futureshop (The red Best Buy lol).

daltimond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By daltimond

@lord_xp: You realize the police don't do shit until AFTER you get robbed, stabbed, shot, etc... right? They are probably going to watch the show so they have a reason to arrest and proof so they can convict the person.

Lord_Xp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lord_xp: You realize the police don't do shit until AFTER you get robbed, stabbed, shot, etc... right? They are probably going to watch the show so they have a reason to arrest and proof so they can convict the person.

Yes I know this isn't Minority Report. I work with the Police on a daily basis. I arrest shop lifters. Also, I applied for Auxiliary Police for one of my neighboring cities.

leftie68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Damn right the majority got it from Amazon. I've never bought a system on launch day but I worked at best buy for the launch of the current gen systems (not the Wii U) and there were lines outside like two days before the launch. Fuck that Shit! I preordered one PS4 after the conference and paid with a gift card that I bought for the amount the console would cost just to make sure Ill have it paid off come launch day. I also preordered another PS4 once they came out with the new launch bundles with a game. If i have the money for a second one I'll just pay for it and then sell it on ebay.

@leftie68 said:

Amazon...PS4. I missed out on the first Launch Day Editions, but picked up a Launch Day edition bundled with Watch Dogs yesterday. I have a question. On the amazon launch day editions for the PS4, in the item descriptions it says they "Gauranteed to be available on the Release Day" (Yes they misspelled Guaranteed). However, the X-Box One Day One Edition has no such wording. Does that mean it isn't guaranteed first day launch for the X-Box One if you pre-order now?

Im pretty sure that you are right. I wouldn't just assume I would get the Xbox One unless it specifically says that I would get it on launch day. It even says, once you actually preorder it, that estimated delivery is, several days after Amazon's tentative launch day, on December 4th unlike the PS4 which says you'll get it the on the tentative launch day they posted for it. I feel like a lot of people are going to be disappointed come launch. I assume that after Amazon sold out of Day One Xbox Ones and sold the several of the "get these after launch" Xbox Ones, a lot of people cancelled their "Day One" Xbox Ones and they just moved the non release day preorders up the queue, resulting in a surplus of Day One Xbox Ones that are getting shipped after launch. Just a theory though.

@djou: Both companies totally do already let you preorder off of their own website.

If this is true, I like the transparency of ordering a PS4. It seems like Sony, in all things, is taking a "lets just be honest with consumers" approach this go around. Of course this is could all fall apart if these "Guaranteed" pre-orders aren't filled.

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#57  Edited By TheManWithNoPlan

From the wild forests of the Amazon. I'm just not a midnight release kinda guy. Also, I preordered my Ps4 soon enough to get a launch edition.

tomance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

Already preordered with Amazon. No lines, and it comes right to my doorstep day one (or close after with prime). Won't even have to leave my house. Can't get much better than that.

forkboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I'll pick one up from a UK retailer. Such as Game or HMV

djou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@daltimond: Your right, I guess it just shows how little this is advertised.

If I would have known I probably would have ordered directly from Sony, but its too late now.

PatODay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gamestop most likely.

Nubikal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ShopTo, unless there's an amazing deal/bundle going on elsewhere.

hermes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Probably on Best Buy... I am also a fan of the "experience" of getting a new toy.

However, I am not going to buy it at launch, so I am not expecting queues when I finally decide to go pick it up.

kaos_cracker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

Do you get the console the day the PS4 is released if you order it from Amazon? Just curious about that since I never tried that.

KillEm_Dafoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#65  Edited By KillEm_Dafoe

Target, since I work for them. I can pre-order one for $340 with free shipping right now. However, I may go into the store to pick it up just so I can't get it immediately in case it doesn't ship til later.

strainedeyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PS4 through Amazon. Got the Launch Day confirmation email.

Avatar image for awesomeusername
awesomeusername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#67  Edited By awesomeusername

@lord_xp: The south Bronx is the bad part of the borough I live in. I don't live down there so I never hear sirens but there's always crazy shit shown on the news. They just said a bunch of people tried to rob a guys house and they threw him out the window from the 3rd floor. All the fuckers are the reason I hate New York. I myself have been almost mugged but I never gave my stuff up. This world is terrible.

DarthOrange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 19

Gamestop because fuck trusting something that expensive to the mailman/mailwoman.

beforet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

From SPAAAAAAAAACE!

pyromagnestir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 23

I'm trying to get in touch with the guys Vinny hired to steal the E3 gear. I gots me a caper in mind.

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#71  Edited By Hunter5024

I'm really considering lining up when it launches, in which case it will be Best Buy, because they're right next to my house and I like them. I normally order like 90% of the things I buy on Amazon, but I'm not willing to wait on the mail for this.

reisz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

amazon, cause fuck lines.

Best Buy, cause fuck missing out on launch day lines.

confusedowl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By confusedowl

Gamestop because fuck trusting something that expensive to the mailman/mailwoman.

Oh man this is also why I'm going with EB, if my mailman could shove my ps4 in the mailbox he totally would.

Lord_Xp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lord_xp: The south Bronx is the bad part of the borough I live in. I don't live down there so I never hear sirens but there's always crazy shit shown on the news. They just said a bunch of people tried to rob a guys house and they threw him out the window from the 3rd floor. All the fuckers are the reason I hate New York. I myself have been almost mugged but I never gave my stuff up. This world is terrible.

Damn man that's terrible. One of my cashiers got mugged on her way home. She's one of the nicest ladies I work with too. Also, another nice associate got her car stolen from my parking lot that same week. I took her home and we made sure she could get to work without any problems.

But enough of this sad neighborhood stuff. Game talk

emprpngn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Amazon, most likely. I picked up my Xbox 360 and at least half of my games from them.

Lord_Xp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zombiepenguin9: I once let amazon deliver a game to me for launch, it came a day late. So I'll never go that route again. I came to the realization that I don't like the postal service being in control of my stuff. Only I can trust myself to not damage it and get it to myself on time. Just my own personal preference though

Mezmero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

Like with every single console generation I've been apart of I'm going to wait for the launch window for these consoles to get ironed out before actually committing to buying one.

Zella

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By Zella

While I have recently had an issue with Gamestop/EB I'll be pre-ordering my PS4 from them. I have 3 all within a 15 minute drive so they will be the easiest to deal with on launch day.

riostarwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 206

User Lists: 62

#79 riostarwind  Moderator

Amazon, seems simpler that way and it pretty much guarantees getting one near launch if supply happens to be low for some odd reason.

Avatar image for awesomeusername
awesomeusername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lord_xp: That's terrible. We should beat people like that with PS4's. That'll show them.

Anyways, looking forward to inFamous: Second Son. inFamous!!! Killzone and Knack are also looking great.

Zekhariah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Probably best buy since they seem to be the best at local pricing (I don't really want one at launch). But my preference is to go with a Costco bundle, just depending on when that becomes an option.

marblecmoney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#82  Edited By marblecmoney

I probably won't get one until early next year, so I can't say for sure. If I can just walk into a store and buy one at that point I'll probably just do that.

SpaceRunaway

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By SpaceRunaway

Most likely Amazon. You know, Prime. It won't be at launch; I'll probably wait till they offer a gift card or something with it.

hollitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

Amazon.

No money down. Release date delivery shipping is still cheaper than taxes (suck it California).

Nictel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By Nictel

Probably just the first store I see it in.

NekuSakuraba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Going to my local EB Games for the midnight launch of the PS4!

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not sure. Thought about Gamestop, but not feeling too hot about paying 50 euros to reserve one...poor student has other things to waste that amount on. Might consider another vidjagame store or just one of the nearby markets.

Darji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Amazon. No question there.

Dauthi693

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not buying at launch aslo not is US so don't have most those options

Avatar image for insane_shadowblade85
insane_shadowblade85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm going to try my luck and walk into a store and see if they have any. Should be fun =D

TooSweet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Amazon for me. Once it arrives at my job I'm leaving early.

psylah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll be picking up 3 PS4s from the local Sony Style shop, and I may be getting one from Amazon. I preordered one on amazon as soon as it was available, so it's a "Launch Edition". If that isn't anything special, I'll cancel it and just get all of them from the Sony Style store.

They'll get them on time, guaranteed.

Zeeco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not sure if I'll be getting my PS4 at launch, but when I do, it'll probably be through Amazon.

subyman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I used to stand in the lines, but I don't have time for that any more. I went with Amazon because I'd rather go to bed at mid night and wake up with it sitting at my door instead of camping out all night. Maybe I'm just getting old :)

zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By zeforgotten

From a website that's not listed up there.
Technically it'll just be handed to me by the delivery guy right outside my door so I guess I'll be picking it up at my door

Lord_Xp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@insane_shadowblade85: Good luck on that one!

To every U.K. based people on here, I'm sorry I didn't list your store for I do not know the retail out there. I do admit I was too lazy to look them up so I stuck with the U.S. based stores.

lord_canti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I live outside of the us so game

fisk0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 75

#98  Edited By fisk0  Moderator

Sounds like they'll be ridiculously expensive if I try buying one from a Swedish store (upwards of $600). I'm considering ordering the PS4 from Amazon Germany instead, since they use the same electricity standards as Sweden (I'm kinda afraid I'd have to get a bunch of adapters and stuff if I were to purchase it from Amazon UK), but I'll wait a bit and see if any Swedish stores come to their senses and start selling it at the announced EU price.

tonyp2121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By tonyp2121

I'll get mine at gamestop, amazon cant ensure day one delivery and gamestop can.

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gamestop has more X1 in stock so I got mine moved there today.