Which anime games you personally want to see in the near future?

gtxforza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By gtxforza

Dear gamers in the Giant Bomb forums

Here are the anime games that I really want to see in the near future are:

• New Wangan Midnight for PC & consoles (Featuring similar gameplay & career progression to Shutokou Battle/Import Tuner Challenge/Tokyo Xtreme Racer series).
  • MF Ghost (Initial D sequel)
  • Girls und Panzer Tank battle game (Featuring similar gameplay to Namco's Tokyo Wars)
  • Girls und Panzer Rhythm game (I want the gameplay to be similar to Bemani's Dance Dance Revolution or Beatmania)
  • The Magnificent Kotobuki flight combat game (Featuring similar gameplay to Namco's Ace Combat)
  • BlazBlue (Sequel to Ragna The Bloodedge Arc)
FacelessVixen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By FacelessVixen

Redo Scarlet Nexus, but with ecchi. I'd play something that reads as "Junji Ito: The Video Game" since most of my other weeb interests have been satiated by one game or another.

theonewhoplays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

None. Some Strive DLC would be OK.

Rich666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just want a good Ghost in the Shell game.

brian_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I want a K-on character action game. I want Yui doing sick launchers and air juggling with her guitar. I want it to do the DMC 5 thing where it plays "Don't Say Lazy" sicker when you do higher combos. I don't know what she'd be fighting or why, but this is my demand.

sub_o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

I want JRPG for:

• JoJo
  • Dragon Ball
  • Naruto
  • Getbackers
  • basically shounen manga with many characters

I want action adventure for AJIN, and visual novel / investigative crime series for Kindaichi

gtxforza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@facelessvixen: Interesting, also have you ever watched The Magnificent Kotobuki? it's about girls flying in World War II planes to battle and it's from the director of Girls und Panzer.

gtxforza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theonewhoplays: Yeah, I would like to see more Guilty Gear content as well.

hermes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

judaspete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Power Stone if that counts as an anime game.

A new Blazblue would be cool, but don't use the GG engine. Strive looks amazing, but I have a soft spot for sprite work.

gtxforza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@judaspete: It would be good if Power Stone IP returns onto Nintendo Switch, PC, PS5 & Xbox Series X for the fans & newcomers to play.

Hmm... for BlazBlue, I have been imagining it having Guilty Gear Strive's art & soundtrack style.

shiyamiro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A girls und panzer game exists and I thought it was pretty decent for what it is.

gtxforza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A girls und panzer game exists and I thought it was pretty decent for what it is.

Oh, I meant to say, a sequel to the first two Girls und Panzer games on consoles are Senshadou, Kiwamemasu! for PS Vita and Dream Tank Match for PlayStation 4 & Nintendo Switch.

superslidetail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

@rich666 said:

I just want a good Ghost in the Shell game.

Was going to say the same thing.

AnchorsAhoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A Death Note game might be kind of interesting

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

A good Ghost in the Shell. Preferably some sort of tactics game.

And Akira, based on the manga.

Onemanarmyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#17  Edited By Onemanarmyy

Clearly we need a turn based DBZ game to figure out if that's something that makes sense.

I imagine there are quite some tactical aspects to explore wrt how long you charge your attacks, anticipating enemy movement, countering throws, Spending energy on powerful attacks which increases the risk that you get knocked out of super saiyan state, taking yourself out of the fight for a few turns to create a spirit bomb. I just need to know if there's a chance for that to be fun. :) You could even have like a 'decision phase' and then watch all your turns & the enemies turns play out afterwards in some sort of 'resolve phase' to still have the game look flashy and fast.

gtxforza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@onemanarmyy: Just like how the Mobile Suit Gundam franchise had tactical role-playing games.

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#19  Edited By monkeyking1969

I'd love to see another Macross/Robotech game, they never have quite made what I wanted. Hell, with my new love of Front Mission, I would not mind a a RPG Tactics style Macross game. I think mecha games are hard, but certainly the rpgTactics gameplay works and there is plenty of room in the gameplay for cut scenes and in engine animations.

I would really love an AppleSeed game with some really nice Masamune Shirow artwork and themes. I think a 3rd person shooter that follows the ESWAT storyline would be lots of fun. But, other option are western RPG style like a Mass Effect. If there was one style of games I WISH more Eastern developer would try it is western style action/RPG of the style of Mass Effect.

I like teh steam[punk world of Castle in teh Sky Luputa. The aircraft, blimps, and other assorted technology was always interesting to me. Any sort of steampunk story or world would be neat to play in.

Sky Ornithopter
Sky Ornithopter
gtxforza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

cmaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I love to see combat actions and robot fights so here are my choices

-Code Geas

-Full Metal Panic

-Mobile Suit Gundam

-Gantz

-Zoids

ArmoredMachine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Redo Scarlet Nexus, but with ecchi. I'd play something that reads as "Junji Ito: The Video Game" since most of my other weeb interests have been satiated by one game or another.

Didn't a black and white JP indie horror game like this exist somewhere? 🤔

EDIT: it was The World of Horror

No Caption Provided
@brian_ said:

I want a K-on character action game. I want Yui doing sick launchers and air juggling with her guitar. I want it to do the DMC 5 thing where it plays "Don't Say Lazy" sicker when you do higher combos. I don't know what she'd be fighting or why, but this is my demand.

Why would you want this dude... WHY? (hmmm, on the other hand, I think I can envision what you're talking about. 😁)

this sort of makes me feel like someone should throw this up in M.U.G.E.N Fighter. 😅 Would be epic... maybe.

=====

@cmaki said:

I love to see combat actions and robot fights so here are my choices

-Code Geas

-Full Metal Panic

-Mobile Suit Gundam

-Gantz

-Zoids

Ooooh, Lot's of mecha... personally, I'd think I'd like to see the Code geass and Zoids ones.

although I had a wandering daydream once of wanting to put code geass models/mods into Mount & Blade: Warband or something. or even Command & Conquer: Generals - Zero Hour 🤣 ahahahaha.

AV_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 13

A Gunsmith Cats game done in an RPG/Shooter format would be dope. Also, I'd like to see a Battle Angel Alita/Gunnm game. There was a game for the PSX, but they need to make a new game with all the current generation power behind it.

infantpipoc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

User Lists: 24

Star Blazer Yamato as a Mass Effect knock off. With the player flying them spaceship of course.

stealydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How about a detective adventure game set in the Psycho Pass universe? That would be rad.

infantpipoc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

User Lists: 24

cikame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A Hololive fighting game, i'm sure some fans are already making it.
Yup.