Which console do you have/prefer; PS4, Wii-U or X1?

• 78 results
FerBalk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Hey everyone. New guy here.

I'm curious about the popularity of current generation consoles, not talking about which is better.

Is it PS4 because of its specs?

Is it WiiU because of its game content?

Is is X1 because of its features?

Would like to hear from you!

cikame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm primarily on PC but i got a PS4, i assumed at some point i'd play a Yakuza or Tekken 7 on it but that's coming to PC as are most things these days, but there are still some exclusives i'll end up playing at some point... That being said i've owned it for 7 months now and haven't touched it yet :S.

viking_funeral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

PC Gamer. I'll probably get a PS4 at some point for Bloodborne, etc. No rush.

fisk0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 75

Wii U since I feel it best complements the PC.

I may pick up a PS4 and Xone at some point when they get cheaper though.

Youngshields

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Youngshields

Xbox one. None of the console exclusive games really do much for me though on ethier console. Saving up for pc hoping at the end of July i can afford one.

Franstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PC Gamer with an Xbox One (WiiU). I've always preferred Microsoft/exclusives/controller/network over Sony's offerings but I'm not against owning both.
I like the interaction between Xbox and Windows 10. The "play anywhere" program is a plus for me. I turn my TV/console on by talking to it.

pweidman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I play on XB1, PC, and rarely on my PS4. Prefer the exclusive games on Xbox, and have many long time friends there on XBL. Prefer the controllers for the 360, and XB1. All good platforms imo. Consider myself lucky to have great choices. When No Man's Sky ever releases I'm gonna have to dust off that PS4 though.

Rafaelfc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

PS4, it's my souls machine.

Guy asks what everyone's favorite console is, people answer PC. oh internet, never change.

FacelessVixen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Another PC guy reporting in, but out of the three, the WiiU is the most interesting.

CcFfBb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

From the three consoles that you have listed, I own a Wii U and don't own the other two. When you mention about 'game content' in connection with the Wii U, I think that's also taking into consideration the backward compatibility and the eShop offering older games too.

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

Own all 3. Prefer the PS4 because I primarily play Japanese games that either come to PS4 first or don't come to other platforms at all. WiiU is a close second because of exclusives and the gamepad is pretty darn cool when games actually take advantage of it.

I don't play my XB1 much at all anymore. Has some of my favorite games this generation (Sunset Overdrive, D4, etc), but lately there just hasn't been much for me to play on it. That said, with all the good things I'm hearing about Inside, I might pick that up. Also, ReCore looks pretty neat so, assuming that game turns out to be good, I'll pick that up too. I'm hoping they start adding a lot more games to the backwards compatibility list. that alone would make me play it a lot more.

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

PC is my platform of choice and where I game the most, but I have both a PS4 and an Xbox One. I spend about equal time on both the PS4 and XBO, but part of that is because of limited storage space on the PS4. Honestly, because I can attach an external drive to my Xbox One I sometimes buy games for that console that I would normally purchase for my PS4. My Playstation HDD has been full up for quite some time and at this point, I'm not swapping it out to a larger one to lose the games I have on it already. If Sony would add the ability to plug in an external HDD, then then my Xbox would be just for Halo and occasionally Sunset Overdrive.

Storage management is one of the reasons I prefer my PC.

FrodoBaggins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@penguindust: why not just delete some games you've finised/don't play anymore?

The PS4 is my primary gaming console, where I spend most of my gaming time and buy the majority of my games.

I also own a Wii U that presently I have about 10 games for, with another 5 - 10 currently out that I would like to buy at some point.

I don't own an XB1.

bybeach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PC gamer, did get the PS4 for Bloodbourne, a move I have somewhat regretted. Salt and Sanctuary and Uncharted 4 have alleviated this to some extent. I have nothing against the X1, but I am saying hello to Microsoft in some form regardless. AND they do not stop pushing Windows 10, while my browser acts suspiciously screwed up.

bigsocrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By bigsocrates  Online

I have an Xbox One and a PS4. I spend most of my time with Xbox One because of my friends/social features, the media stuff, and some of the exclusive games. That's changing a little bit as the PS4 starts to get some more interesting exclusives (Uncharted 4 was great, and I enjoyed Firewatch)

Still when I turn on my TV with no specific entertainment agenda I log into my Xbox One and poke around for something to do. I only use the PS4 when there's a specific game on it that I want to play at that moment.

I want a Wii U but Nintendo's refusal to drop the price has really turned me off and I may never get one. It's not even that it's THAT expensive. It's more the 'principle.'

Edit: Oh yeah, and one more thing in favor of the XBONE over the PS4...external storage. I know I could upgrade the HD of my PS4 by backing it up and switching in a new HD etc... but considering that I'm probably getting a new one this year with a Neo that seems like kind of a pain and an expense. With the XBONE I just bought a big external, plugged it in, and forgot about it. When Scorpio comes out it should transfer right over. Considering how big games are this generation that's a HUGE benefit. If I want to play a new Ps4 game I have to do some annoying memory management. With the Xbone I just install everything I own and I still have more than 40% of the drive space free.

Ezekiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't have any of them. There are a few PS4 games I want, but I don't like the system, so I'll probably just stick with my PC.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PS4 = Best Console Overall

Wii U = Best Games on Average

XBone = Best Paperweight

hacksword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Of the consoles you listed I only own a WiiU, but I prefer playing games on the PC.

rethla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PS4 = Best Console Overall

Wii U = Best Games on Average

XBone = Best Paperweight

Best games on average only by having so few games, it aint exactly an feat ;)

With all the misshaps Microsoft has done PS4 is without the best console, lets see if Microsoft can ever catch up.

berfunkle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

PC, first and foremost. I'm one of those crazy bastards who likes to tinker with graphics settings. It's part of the experience. Secondarily, I play on PS4 for games I can't get on PC, ie, Bloodborne.

Hope this thread never descends into a platform war. It shouldn't have to. I prefer the PC because it fits my style, but I can see why someone would prefer a WiiU.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ba16609964d9
deactivated-5ba16609964d9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

I'd love to get a powerful gaming PC but it just seems so expensive and daunting for someone who is so inexperienced with building their own PC. I settled for the PS4 at the time because it seemed like the best option. I only got a PS4 over an Xbox1 because I prefer Sony's first party exclusives over Microsoft, nothing to do over which console was more powerful.

Right now I'm happy with my situation of playing the big AAA titles on my PS4 and playing smaller indie games on my home PC.

Darth_Navster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

I own a PC, PS4, and XOne. Don't really have a favorite, 'cept when I throw my middle fingers in the air and yell "Vita island motherfuckers!"

n00bs7ay3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I own a PS4 and Wii U. Between the two I use my PS4 some since that is where the most games tend to be. I will probably buy and Xbox One slim sometime in the near future.

The reason I got the Wii U is for Nintendo exclusives.

The reason I got a PS4 is that prior to the launch of this generation, Sony seemed like they were going to focus the console more so towards the gamer and really concentrate on making it a great gaming machine. Since neither console was backwards compatible at the time the PS4 seemed like the obvious choice for me. Unfortunately the games have been lackluster and the console has not lived up to my expectations. If Xbox One was backwards compatible at launch I would have gotten that instead.

The one thing that this generation of consoles has made painfully clear is that console gaming (as it currently stands) makes very little sense in the modern age. I am currently setting aside money to build a gaming PC.

cikame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By cikame

@rafaelfc said:

Guy asks what everyone's favorite console is, people answer PC. oh internet, never change.

There's actually a lot of varied answers here, it may not have been in the original question but as a gaming platform you can't ignore it, as much as the industry wanted to ignore PC's last generation.
This thread only represents a tiny group of people, but it's interesting to see how many identify themselves as PC gamers, but also have a console, and to see which console that is and their reasons.

katpottz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#26  Edited By katpottz

I have ps4 and wiiu but I prefer the ps4. Decided on the ps4 as the future of the x1 did not seem certain when I made my upgrade to next gen platforms.

(Edit: I would get/build a gaming pc but I would have nowhere to put it.)

Sam_lfcfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

I have a PS4 and a Wii U. I 'd love to get a better PC to play games on, but the expense is just too much for me. Consoles have always seemed more reliable to me. I don't want to think about hardware settings when I want to play something. The Xbox One hasn't held much interest for me because the exclusives don't do much for me.

TViddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By TViddy

I got all 3 consoles and a mid-high end pc. I play pc for everything except the console exclusives. Out of all of them the xb1 barely gets turned on, the same with the wii u. Last game on ps4 was Uncharted 4 (great game). Just finished Doom on pc last week and picked up a few games on Steam Sale.

User_Undefined

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fisk0 said:

Wii U since I feel it best complements the PC.

I may pick up a PS4 and Xone at some point when they get cheaper though.

Sterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I own all three and only ever use the PS4 these days. The other two were a huge waste of money for me.

Lv4Monk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Lv4Monk

For someone primarily on PC the Wii U is the more obvious second platform. I want a PS4 at some point but the Wii U was the better value considering.

Avatar image for deactivated-60481185a779c
deactivated-60481185a779c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They're all really solid consoles in their own right. Generally, if I go to purchase a game available on multiple platforms, my preference goes something like this: PC > PS4 > XB1 > Wii U.

LawGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

PS4. I'm one of the non-PC game sub-humans, and between the consoles I went with Sony. The E3 presentation where they were announced more or less made up my mind. It was like Microsoft was trying to get people to not buy their console. It more or less convinced me that Microsoft has no clue about the audience they are dealing with.

Hunkulese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Have them all. Prefer the Vita.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

So I finally, finally bought a Wii U a few weeks ago and I've played it quite a bit over the past few weeks.

My Xbox One has seen a respectable amount of use, more than enough to justify its purchase, but that usage has waned quite a bit. It's kind of just a big, expensive Blu-Ray player now.

@rafaelfc said:

PS4, it's my souls machine.

The PC definitely does factor into my answer because if I didn't own a gaming PC, the vast majority of my gaming would be done on the Xbox One and my answer would be "Xbox One and occasionally Wii U". As it stands, I've been playing my Wii U a lot but once I run through the thin library of games on it that I want to play, I'll probably go back to only playing consoles occasionally and spending most of my time on PC (until Forza Horizon 3 comes out, and then Breath of the Wild next year).

Shakezula84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

I have a PS4 and a WiiU. I got a WiiU for the Nintendo games. I got the PS4 because I love myself some playstation.

I've found in the past that I have enjoyed Sony exclusives more then Microsofts. Its not lost on me that this cycle has seen so few true exclusives to the PS4. I guess I back up my PS4 preference now with the fact that I cannot accept a game not running at its best resolution.

Xbox just doesn't have games that I want to play that I can't get on PS4. However, the scropio announcement has me looking.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

PS4 because of the games.

After that is WiiU because of the games.

Dead last is XBOne because of the games.

Pezen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PS4 because of games/social. Xbox One doesn't have enough unique titles yet to convince me I need it and WiiU has a similar problem. If this persists this might make the PS3/X360 generation an exception to the rule in regards to being a one console or two console generation since I had both at that time. But so far I am pretty content being just a PS4 household. I also realized the other day that this generation marked me having owned all Playstation platforms but only one Xbox platform. So in some way the Xbox 360 feels like a real exception.

gaggle64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Got a PS4 & a WiiU, love 'em both as they cover the full spectrum of games I want. Will certainly be getting an NX but the way consoles are going I'll probably replace my PS4 with a PC once it's run it's course.

Avatar image for deranged_midget
Deranged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

Xbox One. I've had an Xbox since 2002, been with Xbox Live for 12 years, and I can't get enough of Halo and Gears.

Avatar image for adequatelyprepared
AdequatelyPrepared

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If I were to get a console it would be a PS4.

Teoball

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I use my PS4 for everything multiplatform. It's also where my friends are.

I only turn on my Xbox one or WiiU when there's an exclusive I want to play. Just finished Inside on the Xbox and Tokyo Mirage Sessions in the WiiU.

nicolenomicon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

My family has a PS4, but I barely ever use it. I sometimes use it as a media player, but not much else. I almost exclusively play games on my PC.

FerBalk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wow, I didn't even expect this amount of replies. Thanks everyone.

The fact is that I've been playing consoles all my life since I got my N64 up until I had to sell my Xbox 360 a couple of years ago. Currently I'm not playing mainly because of lack of time/money but I'm hoping to get on it again in the near future.

So I decided to throw this questions and listen to what people (not only console owners) got to say instead of just reading reviews.

Assumedkilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Assumedkilla

I'd go X1, since I like the controller, it's where most my friends play, and XBL > PSN, but really, gaming this gen kinda sucks. Witcher 3 aside, which is best on PC, in hindsight I would've been fine not playing 95% of the games I did play this gen. Batman AC, Halo 5, Destiny, Division, Shadow of Mordor, Watch Dogs, Dying Light, Tomb Raider, Battlefront, and so on can either fuck off or they were "just okay". Gucamelee and Rocket League were probably the most fun I had this gen, AAA games are bland and lacking so far.

I think gaming has somewhat gone downhill and TV is now my favorite entertainment medium since HBO, Netflix, FX, and others have knocked it out of the park. While games are getting less and less original AND have less content than before. Compare the content of Gears of War 3 or older Tom Clancy game to that of Overwatch and a lot of recent games then you'll see what I means.

So really gaming in general isn't all that great to me besides a few exceptions. I don't get why people love the PS4 so much, other than Uncharted 4 and maybe Infamous it has no released exclusives that I would want to play. I might get it for GOW, Spiderman, and VR (I'll wait and see), but so far I don't see the big deal. PC is obviously the best place to play since you have control on how the game runs, games are cheapest there, the largest amount of games, and the most original/innovative. I would say the only problem other than cost & knowledge of hardware, would be making friends if you already don't have some who play on PC.

emprpngn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Right now it's the Xbox One, although I'm not opposed to owning the other consoles. Currently, nothing on the PS4 has grabbed my attention enough to warrant purchasing one. Apart from Nintendo, there aren't many true exclusives anymore, as most things end up on the PC eventually.

Avatar image for deactivated-5835c1f29813e
deactivated-5835c1f29813e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PC is becoming my main go-to more and more lately, but besides that, PS4 is the console that I use the most.