Which game from a character perspective ended better?

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By NTM

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By NTM

(Spoilers inside)

I just mean, when I look at both these games, they both took beloved characters from the entire series that were still alive, and ended it all with them. Which do you think ended better? I don’t know exactly how else to ask it. I just know they both had beloved characters come back, and I think, for me at least, I was happy to see those characters back, but I can’t decide which I thought was better. I mean, was my first moment seeing Raiden back to him with his wife and kid as he laid on a hospital bed at the end, or meeting back up with Thane to see him die on a hospital bed a better (for lack of a “better” word) moment? I know it’s all executed very differently, but still, I think in sense, it’s similar.

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3  Edited By falserelic

Metal Gear.

BrockNRolla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By BrockNRolla

How is that even a comparison?

Sure the Raiden stuff from Metal Gear was kind of stupid, but Raiden has been a pretty stupid character from the beginning. The important aspect was happened with Snake, who I felt they gave a great send off to.

Similarly, the characters in Mass Effect were certainly important, but the most important send off was the one that Commander Shep got, and that was a fair bit abysmal.

So when it comes down to it, the side characters' conclusions were never that important by comparison. I don't know that either game gave them much thought.

Bell_End

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Bell_End

would of been nice if ME3 had had an hour long movie at the end to tie everything up like MGS4 did.

in fact it should of had dozens of hour long videos to tie up any possible outcome from the decisions that were made.

SamStrife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By SamStrife

MGS4 tied up EVERYTHING, almost to a fault. I felt it it could have left a little more room for discussion and speculation between fans that the other games in the series allowed for. That minor gripe aside, it ends a thousand times better than ME3's ending.

mtcantor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By mtcantor

Metal Gear!

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By NTM

So, Metal... Gear?

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9  Edited By falserelic

@NTM said:

So, Metal... Gear?

Yes metal gear. Even though the game almost put me to sleep at times. It ended better then ME3 and I'm sure most people will agree.