Who else regrets not preordering a fightstick controller?

REDRUN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By REDRUN

Shortly right after I finally got to take home my copy of Street Fighter 4, I then realized this game potentially has just as much mileage as the second Street Fighter had brought. I forgot how passionate I am about SF which brought me into this love-hate feeling for the game. I love the game for the pure strategic fighting experience as I play for hours. My  palms sweaty, adrenaline coursing through my blood while my pupils dilate with feelings of pure bliss running through my head. Then at the heat of battle, you clumsily miss your window of victory when the big Xbox button in the middle of the controller was brushed as you wait for the quick select menu to load so you can dismiss it, its too late.  My love is now turned to poison as I spew out the most outrageous obscenities. My thoughts are now quickly turned to hate and I hate having to play a game I am so passionate about on a controller that can not handle the intense mental and finger dexterity needed in the higher ranked matches.

I spent the past weeks looking for a Madcat's Street Fighter 4 Tourney Fight Stick. $149.99 quickly feels like a deal to me after seeing the outrageous prices people are posting on Amazon and Ebay used.

I truly regret not keeping my pre-order on the fightstick in order to save some cash and avoid having another oversized plastic controlle in the living room collecting dust. I truly hope there will be a second shipment of those controller we all seek.

Luke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By Luke

I did pre-order... still haven't received mine yet.  More than half the people who pre-ordered got screwed, so even if you did keep yours, there is a huge chance you'd still be waiting for it too.

This incident was one of the biggest cluster-fucks I can think of in recent gaming sales history, almost as if it was a console launch or something.  Pre-orders should be a gaurentee to people that they will get their product on the day of release, but that obviously isn't the case, as I had once thought and always known.

The unfufilled pre-orders will hopefully be handled this month, while a new shipment comes in April, so you could probably pick one up then.  Gewd luck! :)

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 31

#3  Edited By AgentJ

Aye... I wish i had a fighting stick... a really cheap one that works decently.

REDRUN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By REDRUN

Your right Luke, this was a big cluster-fuck for sales in the most important fighting game in history. I was also one of those individuals who ordered the collector's addition and was told to pick up my copy the day after it was released.  I am hoping to get a fight stick as soon as it stocks the shelves, hopefully sooner while SF4 is still fresh in mind.