#1 Posted by Eristocrat (440 posts) -

Yo bros,

Seeing premium memberships on sale I though about how much I love to give money to giant bomb and bought one for you guys!

Tell me who should get this membership. I don't pay a ton of attention to the member side of giantbomb but love when cool stuff pops out of here and would love to reward someone who does awesome shit that would like a membership.

#2 Posted by superpow (227 posts) -

Good on ya! I don't have anyone to suggest though.

#3 Posted by sBlacksmith (77 posts) -

I don't even know what pemium membership means exactly yet.

#4 Posted by ShadowConqueror (3050 posts) -

Search the forms for someone with a special icon accompanying their post. You'll know it when you see it. Give it to them.

#5 Posted by xaLieNxGrEyx (2605 posts) -

If I were to receive it I'd be forever grateful. I'm starting school for game art and animation in September and have no extra money to spend. I will literally be living on bread.

I would love to watch the premium content but can't afford it.

#6 Posted by awesomeusername (4173 posts) -

@Eristocrat: Give it to this guy above me. (xalienxgreyx)

#7 Posted by coakroach (2490 posts) -

I tip my hat to you sir, your generosity is exemplary.

#8 Posted by VierasTalo (740 posts) -
@awesomeusername

I second this notion. The world needs good animators and that skill requires some Vinny-footage.
#9 Posted by OwnlyUzinWonHan (1480 posts) -

I'd say because she's the leading editor on the Castlequest page, that game...

I made the page for Goal Storm, so if you're way into launch PS1 soccer games it's okay.

#10 Posted by mandude (2669 posts) -

Find an old member who's been inactive for years and give it to them. Just to let the non-member scum know their place.

#11 Posted by Flacracker (1652 posts) -

@xaLieNxGrEyx said:

If I were to receive it I'd be forever grateful. I'm starting school for game art and animation in September and have no extra money to spend. I will literally be living on bread.

Lol... college for "game art and animation". The reason you don't have any money to spend is because those schools charge you a shitload for a shit "degree". Go to a real school and get a real degree.

#12 Posted by Sackmanjones (4685 posts) -
@Flacracker

@xaLieNxGrEyx said:

Lol... college for "game art and animation". The reason you don't have any money to spend is because those schools charge you a shitload for a shit "degree". Go to a real school and get a real degree.

Stop being a dick you dick-hole
#13 Posted by Pazy (2563 posts) -

@VierasTalo said:

@awesomeusername

I second this notion. The world needs good animators and that skill requires some Vinny-footage.

I can't support the spelling of that name.

#14 Posted by GreggD (4487 posts) -

@Sackmanjones said:

@Flacracker

@xaLieNxGrEyx said:

Stop being a dick you dick-hole

Yeah, really.

#15 Posted by awesomeusername (4173 posts) -

@Pazy said:

@VierasTalo said:

@awesomeusername

Me either but he needs something to do at school!

#16 Posted by Pazy (2563 posts) -

@awesomeusername said:

@Pazy said:

@VierasTalo said:

@awesomeusername

Then we should trust it into a new, correctly spelt, account for him to use. That seems like a totally valid and reasonable idea.

#17 Posted by awesomeusername (4173 posts) -

@Pazy said:

@awesomeusername said:

@Pazy said:

@VierasTalo said:

@awesomeusername

Then we should trust it into a new, correctly spelt, account for him to use. That seems like a totally valid and reasonable idea.

You're totally right, he needs to go and take the X's off his name right now.

@xaLieNxGrEyx: Go change your name to Alien_Grey and you win..... Our trust.

#18 Posted by Fobwashed (1979 posts) -

@ShadowConqueror said:

Search the forms for someone with a special icon accompanying their post. You'll know it when you see it. Give it to them.

Hows that get determined?

#19 Posted by thebeastwithtwobacks (140 posts) -

wowzers you're a nice fella

#20 Edited by xaLieNxGrEyx (2605 posts) -

My username is a byproduct of being ingested through the Gamebattles Scene years ago. It was the cool thing to do (adopt x's or other random letters) and as I was too young to know better and was looking for recognition I followed the trend. It's something that's followed me to this day.In my defense this username is pure genius compared to some of the names you'll find in the gamebattles.com forums.As serious as I was as a kid me and a few friends just do it for fun now.No not everyone on GBs forums are 12, just most of them.ex user name - zZCoNC1uSiiiv3Zz

Also PS to the dude lipping the "degree" - I'm attending Seneca in Toronto which has one of the most prestigious programs in animation and game programming in Canada. The only better you can do is in Vancouver. It's a broad animation course that teaches CGI to graphic design. It's not shit. Also it isn't overly expensive I just don't have much money.

#21 Edited by PeasantAbuse (5138 posts) -

#22 Posted by Demoskinos (14752 posts) -

I'd put my vote in for his story he wrote (featured in the community highlights) was pretty cool and seems like a fun guy!

#23 Posted by aurahack (2270 posts) -

@Demoskinos said:

I'd put my vote in for his story he wrote (featured in the community highlights) was pretty cool and seems like a fun guy!

I am the most fun. (also thank you :'D)

I'd certainly love the membership, but there's gotta be someone who deserves it more than I do. I've gotten enough incredible kindness out of this community as it is. c:

#24 Posted by rockyhorrorgerri (373 posts) -

I have boobs! The girl kind! True story

#25 Posted by Vegetable_Side_Dish (1726 posts) -

Here's a picture of Hideo Kojima's ass <3 

mai husbando~~ 

#26 Posted by BD_Mr_Bubbles (1700 posts) -

@coakroach said:

I tip my hat to you sir, your generosity is exemplary.

@awesomeusername

said:

#27 Edited by pyromagnestir (4291 posts) -

@rockyhorrorgerri said:

I feel like I should avoid this comment like the plague but... Is this a non sequitur? A bribe? Just something people say nowadays that I'm not aware of?

I don't want an answer to any of these questions. I just needed to say the questions aloud.

#28 Posted by Cynically_Happy (50 posts) -

What if I say please? Please mister can I have it?

#29 Posted by llamaegg (226 posts) -

@xaLieNxGrEyx said:

My username is a byproduct of being ingested through the Gamebattles Scene years ago. It was the cool thing to do (adopt x's or other random letters) and as I was too young to know better and was looking for recognition I followed the trend. It's something that's followed me to this day.In my defense this username is pure genius compared to some of the names you'll find in the gamebattles.com forums.As serious as I was as a kid me and a few friends just do it for fun now.No not everyone on GBs forums are 12, just most of them.ex user name - zZCoNC1uSiiiv3Zz

Also PS to the dude lipping the "degree" - I'm attending Seneca in Toronto which has one of the most prestigious programs in animation and game programming in Canada. The only better you can do is in Vancouver. It's a broad animation course that teaches CGI to graphic design. It's not shit. Also it isn't overly expensive I just don't have much money.

This guy should get it. Because it's a fellow Canadian. What, do I need a better reason?

#30 Posted by sBlacksmith (77 posts) -

I have the best idea.

Give it to that sonic guy to keep him busy with the premium content and away from his posting madness.

#31 Posted by Zleunamme (655 posts) -

@Eristocrat: In the Giant Bomb store, there is a tab called Worthy Causes. Click on the tab and there is a community pool called Pay it forward. Money is collected and used to purchase memberships. Then they are given out to high ranked active--non premium-- users on the site. On forum posts, where you see the level number. The active users who don't have a premium membership will have a birthday present icon. According to GB, they use an algorithm that determines which users are eligible for the donation. Ask one the moderators if you have any questions. It is up to you how you want to do it. It is nice of you to share the joys of that Giant Bomb has to offer to another person.

#32 Posted by PeezMachine (235 posts) -

Why haven't we given this to 3oNic 4edgeh0g yet?

#33 Posted by rockyhorrorgerri (373 posts) -

@pyromagnestir said:

@rockyhorrorgerri said:

I feel like I should avoid this comment like the plague but... Is this a non sequitur? A bribe? Just something people say nowadays that I'm not aware of?

I don't want an answer to any of these questions. I just needed to say the questions aloud.

Pfft jealous.

#34 Posted by pyromagnestir (4291 posts) -

@rockyhorrorgerri said:

@pyromagnestir said:

@rockyhorrorgerri said:

Pfft jealous.

I...

"Goodnight," I say, before shrugging and walking away from my computer.

#35 Posted by jimmyfenix (3852 posts) -

me :/

#36 Posted by glyn (382 posts) -

Is this a premium video games membership?

#37 Posted by CookieMonster (2416 posts) -

Give it to me. I've done loads of the wiki, put a lot of time into writing thoughtful blogs and I am a pillar of the community. Also in my spare time I work in orphanages and old people's homes.

#38 Posted by CaptainCody (1505 posts) -

@VierasTalo said:

@awesomeusername

Thirded.

#39 Posted by CaptainCody (1505 posts) -

@sBlacksmith said:

I have the best idea.

Give it to that sonic guy to keep him busy with the premium content and away from his posting madness.

Double post, but if you guys are going to do that just give it to me on this account, I think my forum privileges are gone on SANIC.

#40 Posted by MikkaQ (10283 posts) -

@Flacracker said:

@xaLieNxGrEyx said:

Looks like you need a degree in not being socially retarded.

#41 Posted by TrafalgarLaw (1112 posts) -

The reason I can't get a membership is that paypal payment is not a option and I don't have a creditcard, getting a creditcard for a site is just a waste of money. Why I should deserve it? I'm the e-doctor of offtopic. The stuff I put up with...spiderbites, broken bones, people with naseau/dizzyness...

#42 Posted by MideonNViscera (2257 posts) -

Give it to Marino, though I'm sure he already has it. Anybody except SeriouslyNow is fine though hahah

#43 Posted by HiCZoK (240 posts) -

Ohhh yay!!! ME me me :P

I don't have a credit card but at least I've finally got a job (terrible 550$\month job:P)

#44 Edited by Cubical (637 posts) -

im poor since I am in between jobs and have to pay internet and phone bills and stuff like that needed for work and old collage loans so I dont have a membership.