Who's the first character you ever really cared for in a game?

• 113 results
redcream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#101  Edited By redcream

Kratos and Ashley. Just kidding, for me it's Agro.

TobbRobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#102  Edited By TobbRobb

You are asking for something that is set faaaar too long ago. So I'm just gonna advertise my main bro instead.

No Caption Provided
penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#103  Edited By penguindust

It's hard to say since I'm not really sure how I'd define "care about". I mean, first and foremost would be an self-created character I've made in an RPG such as The Elder Scrolls or Warcraft. I'm one of those people who spends a lot of time in the character creator so I become really invested in my own creations. Even "Cinnamon" Shepard would count, but I think the spirit of the thread is about developer created and controlled characters. The earliest one I can recall that I didn't just think of as cool is Mission Vao, the blue teenage twi'lek from Knights of the Old Republic. I thought she was funny and spunky, but with a troubled past that added to her character. She followed the scoundrel archetype and not unlike that Solo guy, she was distrusting and a bit of a cynic, however she was also loyal to her friends. I think she was looking for something or someone to believe in, and so when my Revan came along, she provided some hope for the young girl. It was fun to see her grow from the earlier part of the game through to the end. And it the dark side near-ending is still something that haunts me. That's was the first time I can recall a game affecting my feelings.

Svenzon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 21

#104  Edited By Svenzon

Guybrush Threepwood and Elaine Marley. I also cared for my wingmen in Wing Commander and would get sad when they died. Seeing those funeral scenes tore me up.

rynbeed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#105  Edited By rynbeed

Imoen from Baldur's Gate. Second, Kaiden from Mass Effect.

Avatar image for divineshadow777
DivineShadow777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#106  Edited By DivineShadow777

The First guy(s) i ever really cared about were probably the green haired guy (i think) and the black guy from crazy taxi. I just loved their attitudes towards those ass customers!

tescovee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#107  Edited By tescovee

I don't know my first: but Trip and Monkey from Enslaved. They were written well enough, and there facial animations allowed me to empathize with them. I also remember Jade from Beyond Good & Evil being really fleshed out too.

Anund

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#108  Edited By Anund

Aeris, without question.

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#109  Edited By monkeyking1969

Pitfall Harry, mostly because he was the first character worth caring about in video games.

vault13dweller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110  Edited By vault13dweller
No Caption Provided

Dr. Liara T'soni from the Mass Effect series.

mrbubbles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#111  Edited By mrbubbles

either garret from thief, solid snake, or kyle katarn. i also cared for the shepard i created also a few other characters from mass effect like tali, thane, and legion (who along with thane are complete badasses) which is why i was pissed sheperd died at the end of mass effect 3 but they weren't the first characters i cared about..

morkaithewolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#112  Edited By morkaithewolf

I'd have to say Shaun and Ethan Mars from Heavy Rain. While the game took awhile to ramp up for me (I had to explore EVERYTHING), I found myself legitametly rooting for the father and hoping he would ensure the safety of his son. One of only a handful of games that made me root for them and jump for joy when I succeeded.

HisDudeness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113  Edited By HisDudeness

That would be Naked Snake.