Why are topics so quicked to be locked?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

hanner74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By hanner74

Hey guys,
Recently i have been trying to be more active on the forums, but one thing keeps bugging me. Every time i find something i want to reply to, the topic has been locked. The other day i started a topic with a genuine question, got a few responses and then it was locked. I'm just not certain i understand what gives with locking the topics. If its a technical issue and has been resolved i certainly understand locking the topic. But general discussions ? Please help me understand.

UlquioKani

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I've not seen a topic posted recently that was locked for no good reason (other than that fanfiction one). Which topics are you referring to?

nophilip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 21

I suggest chatting with the mods and reading the forum rules.

Crembaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The short and long of it is mod discretion. If they figure a topic doesn't belong or the discussion is bound to take a nasty turn they shut it down before it becomes an issue.

All moderation is in some way or another debatable, but so far GB's has been pretty straight-on and by the books regarding the rules they set out. At least, from what I've seen.

OGJackWagon69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By OGJackWagon69

*locks thread* lol jk im not a mod

thatpinguino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 thatpinguino  Staff

@hanner74: Use the contact the moderators button on the side of the forum. They will tell you why they locked your thread, if they haven't already.

hanner74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm not trying to stir up anything, honestly just curious. I don't know if I've ever been to a forum where someone just says, well that's good enough lock this one down. There seems to be a great community on these boards, but perhaps that's because things are so quickly moderated?

whitegreyblack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Honestly, the moderators save the GB community from itself. They are the best reason of why this forum is a generally nice place to be.

thatpinguino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By thatpinguino  Staff

@hanner74: The mods here have always been very proactive about moderating comments and locking threads if they are going nowhere fast. That keeps things pretty darn civil most of the time. In addition the forum rules were updated a few months ago and with that change moderation has been a bit swifter to react to wayward topics.

FinalDasa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

#10 FinalDasa  Moderator

@hanner74: If you're wondering about specific locks on specific threads feel free to use the PM all mods button on the right side of the forums. It's the best way to ask us something or to let us know about something.

Generally though we state the reason why we're locking something in the final comment on the thread. Each thread is different and will be locked for different reasons.

I'm locking this thread because: A. This is something to be taken up with us mods and not publicly. B. I don't want this topic to turn into a "they locked my thread too!" thread.