Why Bulletstorm is the Bad Boys 2 of Video Games: And Why Thats F

Avatar image for theunpopulargamer
TheUnpopularGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Why Bulletstorm is the Bad Boys 2 of Video Games: And Why Thats Freaking Awesome  

I have a little joke with my friends, when discussing movies we use the Bad Boys 2 scale. We don't really use it to rate movies we just say whether or not a movie is Bad Boys 2. For example

Friend: Hey did you see True Grit yet?
Me: Yeah, its was awesome.
Friend: Yeah I really liked it
Me: Yeah, but its no Bad Boys 2
Friend: Nope, it certainly isn't

Now we aren't saying Bad Boys 2 is better than True Grit, were just saying that True Grit isn't Bad Boys2. For me, that movie epitomized everything I love about movies and entertainment in general. It's vulgar, It's violent and It's funny. No artsy stuff here, no deep philosophical thinking its just two guys running around shooting everything in sight and cussing up a storm. The movie has a plot but even when it takes a serious turn and Martin Lawrence says "Shit just got real" you can't help but laugh. Even more hilarious is the great moment "We ride together, we die together, bad boys for life" which was meant to be a touching scene between two partners. A movie so ridiculous and over the top you can't help but get caught up in it. It's pure popcorn and I love it to death.

Seriously?

Enter Bulletstorm, thats right "dicktits" enter guns blazing crazy fun, cuss words flying from every angle during all the trailers. Even gameplay sessions i've seen are just nonstop hilarity. Now, Bulletstorm also looks like a great shooter, the kill with skill gameplay looks refreshing and fun.  Competetive and Co-operative online gameplay with high score challenges all look like great features but I cant help the feeling that this might be the new staple that my friends and I judge other games on.

Friend: Hey man, did you play LA Noire yet?
Me: Hell yes I did, Rockstar did at again man game is amazing,
Friend: Yeah, but its no Bulletstorm.
Me:Yeah, it certainly isn't

Shut up and have some fun

I am notorious for taking gaming too seriously, showing friends how far the medium has advanced and how it offers more than other entertainment industries do. Especially how the games industry is seeing the greatest innovation, in terms of design, ideas and the great writers who cover it all. But then Bulletstorm shows up, and my heart starts racing, forget all the advancement forget the medium lets just have some fun. You don't need some crazy story with some super serious dudes doing some super serious stuff you just need one thing, fun. They are bringing it back big time. Bad Boys 2 had a story, something about a Cuban drug dealer, Bulletstorm has a story, something about space pirates clearing out a planet of mutants. Bottom line, the story is just an excuse to get us to the next set piece, the next big "holy shit" moment.

The ad campaign

Cliffy B talking about blowing out assholes, Mike Capps talking to us from the shower and the most recent hilarious Halo 3 parody ad. These ads are amazing. The trailers for the game also play like a sizzle reel from an action movie, one liners galore and lots of gratuitous violence. The marketing department over at Epic deserves a huge high five. The Bad Boys 2 trailer plays out very similarly, lots of guns, lots of shooting and one liners everywhere. It knows what it is and its being marketed that way.

Bulletstorms February 22nd release date can't come fast enough, I can't wait to sit down and enjoy the ride.    
TheUnpopularGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By TheUnpopularGamer

Why Bulletstorm is the Bad Boys 2 of Video Games: And Why Thats Freaking Awesome  

I have a little joke with my friends, when discussing movies we use the Bad Boys 2 scale. We don't really use it to rate movies we just say whether or not a movie is Bad Boys 2. For example

Friend: Hey did you see True Grit yet?
Me: Yeah, its was awesome.
Friend: Yeah I really liked it
Me: Yeah, but its no Bad Boys 2
Friend: Nope, it certainly isn't

Now we aren't saying Bad Boys 2 is better than True Grit, were just saying that True Grit isn't Bad Boys2. For me, that movie epitomized everything I love about movies and entertainment in general. It's vulgar, It's violent and It's funny. No artsy stuff here, no deep philosophical thinking its just two guys running around shooting everything in sight and cussing up a storm. The movie has a plot but even when it takes a serious turn and Martin Lawrence says "Shit just got real" you can't help but laugh. Even more hilarious is the great moment "We ride together, we die together, bad boys for life" which was meant to be a touching scene between two partners. A movie so ridiculous and over the top you can't help but get caught up in it. It's pure popcorn and I love it to death.

Seriously?

Enter Bulletstorm, thats right "dicktits" enter guns blazing crazy fun, cuss words flying from every angle during all the trailers. Even gameplay sessions i've seen are just nonstop hilarity. Now, Bulletstorm also looks like a great shooter, the kill with skill gameplay looks refreshing and fun.  Competetive and Co-operative online gameplay with high score challenges all look like great features but I cant help the feeling that this might be the new staple that my friends and I judge other games on.

Friend: Hey man, did you play LA Noire yet?
Me: Hell yes I did, Rockstar did at again man game is amazing,
Friend: Yeah, but its no Bulletstorm.
Me:Yeah, it certainly isn't

Shut up and have some fun

I am notorious for taking gaming too seriously, showing friends how far the medium has advanced and how it offers more than other entertainment industries do. Especially how the games industry is seeing the greatest innovation, in terms of design, ideas and the great writers who cover it all. But then Bulletstorm shows up, and my heart starts racing, forget all the advancement forget the medium lets just have some fun. You don't need some crazy story with some super serious dudes doing some super serious stuff you just need one thing, fun. They are bringing it back big time. Bad Boys 2 had a story, something about a Cuban drug dealer, Bulletstorm has a story, something about space pirates clearing out a planet of mutants. Bottom line, the story is just an excuse to get us to the next set piece, the next big "holy shit" moment.

The ad campaign

Cliffy B talking about blowing out assholes, Mike Capps talking to us from the shower and the most recent hilarious Halo 3 parody ad. These ads are amazing. The trailers for the game also play like a sizzle reel from an action movie, one liners galore and lots of gratuitous violence. The marketing department over at Epic deserves a huge high five. The Bad Boys 2 trailer plays out very similarly, lots of guns, lots of shooting and one liners everywhere. It knows what it is and its being marketed that way.

Bulletstorms February 22nd release date can't come fast enough, I can't wait to sit down and enjoy the ride.    
Afroman269

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By Afroman269

The ads are fucking stupid, which ya sure I guess they are supposed to be. I am interested in the game because it look likes a blast for when you just want to turn off your brain and just do some mindless killing, but those ads......I just hate them. I'm doing my best to avoid them so I don't get turned off from the game.

mrfizzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By mrfizzy

I really dnt get why people have so much of a problem with these ads. I get that there big and dumb and insanely fratboyish but, there meant to be! its not like there making these genuine ads and there just coming across that way.  

mazik765

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By mazik765

I agree with your post 100%. If these ads bother you so much then stop watching them and let those of us that find they are good for a brief chuckle enjoy them.

Sooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By Sooty

Bad Boys 2 is amazing and doesn't annoy me though, Bulletstorm looks decent enough but has an annoying asshole at the center of it. (CliffyB) 

Lol.

TheUnpopularGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By TheUnpopularGamer
@Ygg: next time someone asks you about a movie just say "its no bad boys 2" trust me, reaction to this statement is always hilarious
Sooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7  Edited By Sooty
@TheUnpopularGamer said:
" @Ygg: next time someone asks you about a movie just say "its no bad boys 2" trust me, reaction to this statement is always hilarious "
To be honest I just thought about saying that and the reactions do seem pretty hilarious, I will definitely be using that!
Soap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 29

#9  Edited By Soap

As someone who finds Gears of War to be to 'fratboyish' this game seems so far over the line for me that I may actually die if I tried to play it. I don't want to take that risk.

Vodun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Vodun
@TheUnpopularGamer: Yeah, that would be great if the stupid games were in the minority and this was a breath of fresh air. Don't get me wrong, I love me some stupid and bloody games, but to argue that these are few and far between is faulty to my mind.
DystopiaX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11  Edited By DystopiaX
@Soap said:

" As someone who finds Gears of War to be to 'fratboyish' this game seems so far over the line for me that I may actually die if I tried to play it. I don't want to take that risk. "

I think it was pretty clear from their gameplay demos that they were going the "bro" route, which didn't really surprise me becuase it's epic, but somehow was expecting more from people can fly. I don't really care though, cause the skillshot and gunplay look really cool, it seems really fast and smooth, something I can get into, so if it's fun to play I can overlook the retardedness of the story/characters. 

Also, Bulletstorm will not be the Bad Boys 2 of video games.
Soap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 29

#12  Edited By Soap
@DystopiaX said:
" @Soap said:

" As someone who finds Gears of War to be to 'fratboyish' this game seems so far over the line for me that I may actually die if I tried to play it. I don't want to take that risk. "

I think it was pretty clear from their gameplay demos that they were going the "bro" route, which didn't really surprise me becuase it's epic, but somehow was expecting more from people can fly. I don't really care though, cause the skillshot and gunplay look really cool, it seems really fast and smooth, something I can get into, so if it's fun to play I can overlook the retardedness of the story/characters.  Also, Bulletstorm will not be the Bad Boys 2 of video games. "
Maybe I could just play it on mute, as the gameplay does seem pretty interesting. Or I might just have to man up and take it
DystopiaX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13  Edited By DystopiaX
@Soap said:
" @DystopiaX said:
" @Soap said:

I think it was pretty clear from their gameplay demos that they were going the "bro" route, which didn't really surprise me becuase it's epic, but somehow was expecting more from people can fly. I don't really care though, cause the skillshot and gunplay look really cool, it seems really fast and smooth, something I can get into, so if it's fun to play I can overlook the retardedness of the story/characters.  Also, Bulletstorm will not be the Bad Boys 2 of video games. "
Maybe I could just play it on mute, as the gameplay does seem pretty interesting. Or I might just have to man up and take it "
I wish more games supported custom soundtracks, Hot pursuit/GTA San Andreas style. That way I could have the sound effects without the dumbass sound.
Enigma777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#14  Edited By Enigma777

Protip: Bad Boys 1 > Bad Boys 2

keyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By keyhunter

Unreal 3 is going to be great. Fuck tha haterz.

tourgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#16  Edited By tourgen

If I can turn the voice volume all the way down in the options menu I'll play it.

TheUnpopularGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Enigma777: blasphemy!!!!!
OldManLight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 9

#18  Edited By OldManLight

sorry bro, just cause 2 is a more worthy game of being called "the bad boys 2" of video games.  bulletstorm will probably be more like a random movie starring a bunch of washed up wrestlers with dialog that makes them sound like frat boys on meth.

OldManLight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 9

#19  Edited By OldManLight
@Enigma777 said:
" Protip: Bad Boys 1 > Bad Boys 2 "
what's it like to be completely fucking wrong?