Why doesn't Giant Bomb participate in Extra Life?

EgoCheck616

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By EgoCheck616

I know this industry is mostly about having fun and forgetting about the issues of everyday life but it would be nice to see this event get some recognition within the Giant Bomb community. They obviously have the equipment to do something big for Extra Life and it just seems like a shame that they let it pass them by every year. 

Extra Life Website

As far as I know Destructoid, Sarcastic Gamer, and PlayStation Nation are currently participating in the event. 
Also Totally Rad Show is wrapping up their final 4 hours on Ustream.  

Link to TRS' Extra Life video feed 

I know you could argue "yea but they play games on a daily basis". That's my point. The names I just mentioned also play games just as much as the Giant Bomb crew.  It's easy to watch Ryan talk to Pachter while Brad plays Duke Nukem 3D. It's even easier to watch them open a mailbag of food that some of us have never heard of. But why not just for 1 day of the year open up the feed to something important, rather than something silly. 

- Thousands of people watched the PAX Podcast feed and saw Jeff walk outside and start his own iPhone feed to get away from that obnoxious drunk. 
- The Matrix Online: Not Like This is one of the most eventful things to happen on this site. Do you remember  Pascual? Because I sure do.
I'm pretty sure it wouldn't be difficult for them to rack up a few people to watch them do a marathon. And it would be going to a great cause. 

Edit: I apologize for the double post but it isn't letting me delete either topic. Hopefully an admin can take care of it. 

lancer75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By lancer75

I think that this would be a great thing for them to do, and with Giant bomb's fervent community, they would surely raise a lot of money to help some people.  I guess it's sort of about whether they can justify losing basically two work days to do this.  I hope they can, because sick kids need as much help as they can get.  It starts today though, so if Giant bomb didn't hear about this until now, it's unlikely that they'll be able to participate.  A charity marathon would be cool though, and I would definitely try to support them if they do so.