will we ever see PS3 version of games almost always look bettter?

ravensword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By ravensword

One of the main issues with PS3 at launch was the fact that, well, Multiplatform werent necesarilly good on PS3. Than somtime between COD 4 and 2008, theyve gotten much much better since Devs got sorta used to the tech and started deving so both version will look as close as possible in quality (with varying success in some cases) not exactly saying we finally hit Perfect Multiplatform pairity yet (we still get the ocassional Ghostbusters here and there), but honestly, I really think that since PS3 (on paper) has the better tech, and we have the Bluray Space, shouldnt they tend to look BETTER on PS3 like XBOX game did compared to PS2 games last gen? I mean, were only seeing the PS3 being Optimized in its Exclusives, and those are kinda few this gen. since most games are Multipaltform this gen, it kinda benifits 360 since they have the console people are Prioritizing Multiplatform games for.

I just dont get why we cant have a XBOX 1 type of thing with PS3 for Multipaltform games. One of the main issues with PS3 at launch was the fact that, well, Multiplatform werent necesarilly good on PS3. Than somtime between COD 4 and 2008, theyve gotten much much better since Devs got sorta used to the tech and started deving so both version will look as clsoe as possible in quality (with varying sucess in some cases) not exactly saying we finally hit Perfe4ct Multipaltform pairity yet (we still get the ocassional Ghostbusters ehre and there), but honestly, I really think that since PS3 (on paper) has the better tech, and they have the Bluray Space, shouldnt they tend to look BETTER on PS3 like XBOX versions of games did compared to PS2 versions of game last gen?

I mean, were only seeing the PS3 being Optimized in its Exclusives, and Thsoe are kinda few this gen. since most game are Multipaltform this gen, it kinda benifits 360 since they have the console people are Prioritizing Multiplatform games for. I just dont get why we cant have a XBOX 1 type fo thing with PS3 for Multipaltform games. 

and honestly, if they probaly never going to look meaningfully bettter on PS3, I might as well get them on 360 personally cause I like the Controller a bit more.

Akeldama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By Akeldama

in the next few months, i believe we will. I am expecting Crysis 2 for example, to be the game to finally show people that the PS3 can and the 360 can no longer. 

ravensword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By ravensword
@Akeldama:

But thats only 1 game compared to everything else.
PureRok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By PureRok
@Akeldama said:
" in the next few months, i believe we will. I am expecting Crysis 2 for example, to be the game to finally show people that the PS3 can and the 360 can no longer.  "
That's not going to happen. Both systems have almost identical power. You'll never see a game look massively different on one from the other because of the console's power, only from a developers laziness developing for one or the other.
Avatar image for deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96
deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

A lot of devs seem to dislike the coding as it is more complex and takes more time, but they are getting used to it and we should see a lot more games equal to or better on the PS3.

Akeldama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By Akeldama
@Raven_Sword said:
" @Akeldama: But thats only 1 game compared to everything else. "
that was my example. Developers have all come around to the PS3 and mastered is complex development processes. We are going to be seeing games look alot better on the PS3 soon simply because (and this is fact and therefore indisputable) the PS3 is a stronger system. The devs have finally cracked the PS3 open and now know what makes it tick. 
slyspider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By slyspider

The ps3 is stronger but not by as much as they want you to think. Only viewing the 360 and ps3 versions of games side by side will be the only way to show any change most of the time.

ravensword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By ravensword
@Akeldama:

Remind me why its a Undisputable fact? the GPU in PS3 is weaker (fact) , and the CPU (cell) isnt really meant for Video games.  also, They have not Mastered teh code because we STILL get ports that are worse on PS3. so obviously they havent mastered it yet.
Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 15

#9  Edited By Jeust

The ps3 isn't better than the xbox 360... just different.

And due to the constraints of the ps3 and difference from the pc and xbox 360, we'll probably never see a better multiplat game on the ps3. The ps3 ones have a hard to keep up as it is.

Also the blue ray has more space, but has a slower transfer rate, compared to the dvd, so while it has more space, it isn't as useful as you might think.

Don't believe sony's hype.

Here's an article on the subject...

http://www.hardcoreware.net/playstation-3-vs-xbox-360-two-years-later/

ravensword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By ravensword
@Jeust:

But there are multipalt games that look and paly better on PS3, Like Burnout Paradise.