Avatar image for bestusernameever
BestUsernameEver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By BestUsernameEver

http://videogames.yahoo.com/events/plugged-in/are-games-starting-to-push-the-wrong-buttons-/1329962

Here's something I stumbled upon the Yahoo! main page, could not believe the media is still this.... no other word, retarded.

Read the comments as well, seems there is only two people to agree with the article. But nonetheless, it is the gaming section of Yahoo.

Surprisingly though, i did agree with the second paragraph of the Manhunt 2 whining section. Yahoo mentions the once AO game as nothing more violent than any other horror movie, but still gets such bad attention.

DonPixel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By DonPixel

retarded indeed

BestUsernameEver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By BestUsernameEver
@DonPixel: It;s funny how the writers over at Yahoo contradict themselves by stating an opposing view point and look at it as true, almost as they know the double standards pose on the gaming industry.
PureRok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By PureRok

That was only written two days ago? Wow, the writer is a little behind the times, for starters; they are also extremely retarded.

BestUsernameEver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By BestUsernameEver
@PureRok said:
" That was only written two days ago? Wow, the writer is a little behind the times, for starters; they are also extremely retarded. "
Most definitely, they are just now talking about the BS surrounding RE5 and LBP. Kind of strange.
Bruce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By Bruce

Lame puns as titles are a very large red flag for bad writing; I am not reading that.

weltal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By weltal

Meh? I agree with pretty much everything the article said. Six Days was a stupid idea, RE5 wasn't racist, LBP didn't want to put up with the backlash, Mass Effect controversy was stupid and Manhunt is fine. It's a pointless article but I don't see how this is a representation of Yahoo's stupidity.

Crixaliz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Crixaliz

There was this rather stupid report on games awhile back, it was aimed at parents who didn't know about games.

It featured Army of Two but not because of the violence, it said that the game promoted homosexuality with the blinging of the weapons and two guys taking cover behind one shield.

I'll see if I can dig up the link for you guys

Avatar image for pirate_republic
pirate_republic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

#9  Edited By pirate_republic

It's not retarded... the writer is just not a gamer. At all. And therefore doesn't have any business writing about games.

Guillotine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Guillotine

What's the problem with the article? The content is old because it's a recap of some past controversies. Also, they make it clear that the Mass Effect accusations were unfounded, and they justify the African zombies in Resident Evil 5. Yahoo doesn't look targeted towards people who visit websites like GiantBomb, it's for people who may have never heard of this stuff.

lordofultima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 9

#11  Edited By lordofultima

I don't see the problem with this article personally..

EpicSteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

User Lists: 11

#12  Edited By EpicSteve

I don't see anything wrong with the article at all. It's clear the writer has played all of these games (or done enough correct research) to the point he has enough general knowledge to talk about them in public. All these where controversies , and I guess the writer wanted to educate people about where games are going. 

AndrewB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#13  Edited By AndrewB

I don't see anything wrong with it either...  the only point I wouldn't agree on, personally, is Six Days in Fallujah. I think, if they seriously worked to make it a tasteful game, it would have been wonderful to play. Everything else they say is actually spot on. They point out the non-controversies that some of these games are; particularly Mass Effect's "rape simulator" accusations. If the author is as much of a non-gamer as people here are claiming, then I'd say they're open-minded enough about videogames to be writing this particular article.

Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Player1
@Bruce said:
"

Lame puns as titles are a very large red flag for bad writing; I am not reading that.

"
But dude. Games are srsly pushing the wrong buttons these days!!! :P
Expletive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#15  Edited By Expletive

Thats not that bad, I mean sure there is some misinformation and self-contradictions, but it is no where near as aggressively retarded as everything fox news does, mainly the Mass Effect debacle.

I mean every time I even think about that report I WANT TO FUCKING MURDER PEOPLE.

(sorry I couldn't find the video)
JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#16  Edited By JJOR64

People still go to Yahoo?

BestUsernameEver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By BestUsernameEver
@Player1 said:
" @Bruce said:
"

"
But dude. Games are srsly pushing the wrong buttons these days!!! :P
"
Nice
blair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By blair

Why would you link so many people to this madness.

Being a naive, complacent, idiotic writer is brilliant because you outrage a contingent of the opposing view, thus increasing your relevance.

Finally we need to put the whole RE5 racism thing down already. 

Breaking News: Africa has a lots of black people, I hope no one is offended by those sentiments.

BestUsernameEver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By BestUsernameEver
@JJOR64 said:
" People still go to Yahoo? "
Yeah, I have a junk email there I check literally every 6 months.
papercut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#20  Edited By papercut
@JJOR64 said:
" People still go to Yahoo? "
Answers is helpful...sometimes
Bigandtasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#21  Edited By Bigandtasty
@Weltal said:
" Meh? I agree with pretty much everything the article said. Six Days was a stupid idea, RE5 wasn't racist, LBP didn't want to put up with the backlash, Mass Effect controversy was stupid and Manhunt is fine. It's a pointless article but I don't see how this is a representation of Yahoo's stupidity. "
You have summed up my own "Meh" response perfectly.
DarkGamerOO7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#22  Edited By DarkGamerOO7

I don't understand what people's deal is with Six Days in Fullujah, I mean if it were a movie rather than a game no one would have a problem with it. The whole metality that games are just mindless killing/fun or for 6 years olds is the whole misconception behind the controversy for that game. If you people would grow the fuck up and realize that games can be about what ever they want and understand that gaming is for many different ages (and doesn't need to be just mindless fun/killing) we wouldn't have this problem. The second SDF comes out, I'm buying it, I stand behind the developers in a game that pays tribute to the battle of Fullujah and takes full advantage of games as an art form.