#1 Posted by s10129107 (1183 posts) -

The story below talks about how German and French Leaders are discussing building their own communications network because of spying.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/04/04/us-usa-trade-telecomunications-idUSBREA331W820140404

I'm wondering if this would completely stop Europeans from accessing American websites. If so that would mean GiantBomb would lose a substantial portion of viewers and subscribers. I'm really hoping i'm reading this article wrong. Does anybody know for sure?

#2 Posted by MooseyMcMan (11003 posts) -

I don't think Europe would cut themselves off from American internet. That sounds ludicrous.

#3 Posted by SinGulaR (2306 posts) -

They are referring to communication which contains sensitive data and how it shouldn't leave country borders. It's not about restricting access of the general population to websites.

#4 Posted by Bummlmitz (73 posts) -

This has nothing to do with restricting access to north american servers, but with expanding european services and infrastructure.

Also, my guess is, that the giantbomb traffic mostly originates in the US. So no, there definitely won't be an impact on giantbomb.com.

#5 Edited by expensiveham (291 posts) -

@bummlmitz said:

This has nothing to do with restricting access to north american servers, but with expanding european services and infrastructure.

Also, my guess is, that the giantbomb traffic mostly originates in the US. So no, there definitely won't be an impact on giantbomb.com.

Less then half of the traffic Giant bomb receives is from the US. But France and Germany make up less then 5% of the traffic together.

#6 Posted by Mister_V (1285 posts) -
#7 Posted by expensiveham (291 posts) -
#8 Posted by tariqari (430 posts) -

Europe declares war on Giant Bomb...that makes an interesting headline.