Would European Internet Hurt GiantBomb?

s10129107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

The story below talks about how German and French Leaders are discussing building their own communications network because of spying.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/04/04/us-usa-trade-telecomunications-idUSBREA331W820140404

I'm wondering if this would completely stop Europeans from accessing American websites. If so that would mean GiantBomb would lose a substantial portion of viewers and subscribers. I'm really hoping i'm reading this article wrong. Does anybody know for sure?

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

I don't think Europe would cut themselves off from American internet. That sounds ludicrous.

singular

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

They are referring to communication which contains sensitive data and how it shouldn't leave country borders. It's not about restricting access of the general population to websites.

Bummlmitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

This has nothing to do with restricting access to north american servers, but with expanding european services and infrastructure.

Also, my guess is, that the giantbomb traffic mostly originates in the US. So no, there definitely won't be an impact on giantbomb.com.

expensiveham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By expensiveham

@bummlmitz said:

This has nothing to do with restricting access to north american servers, but with expanding european services and infrastructure.

Also, my guess is, that the giantbomb traffic mostly originates in the US. So no, there definitely won't be an impact on giantbomb.com.

Less then half of the traffic Giant bomb receives is from the US. But France and Germany make up less then 5% of the traffic together.

Mister_V

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

expensiveham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

tariqari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

Europe declares war on Giant Bomb...that makes an interesting headline.