Would Giant Bomb continue without Jeff?

• 52 results
Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

You can't do this forever and Jeff's been doing this almost his entire adult life. The podcast's the only constant for me but there's still personalities they can pull from.

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I'm sure he would hire somebody to carry on the vision if/when he retires. I think Giantbomb will have to grow at some point, more offices, more staff, more personalities. I think at one point they were considering a midwest team when Patrick was still around.

bumbletoes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#53  Edited By bumbletoes

@amducious said:

I have fallen all the way off. For the first time I haven't subscribed, I haven't listened to the podcasts in about a year. To be perfectly frank, I adored everything that came from the Whiskey Media era. The mixing of the various websites, the sheer energy that came from that.

When Ryan passed. lots of new segments appeared which was fun and different, but they all seemed to disappear over time, with it the energy that came from them.

With the acquisition GB kind of went a little sterile, then people started leaving and it left holes. It lost its dynamic and chemistry. East has kept the energy the most having Vinny, Alex and most especially Dan, almost an old school feel, but even that began to wain for me. Politics kept creeping in and I just didn't enjoy it anymore.

Now I stop by just every now and then just looking for a take on a particular game and maybe watch or listen to the Whiskey Media content. I felt like I lost a friend.

This is spot on with how I've been feeling lately. I also miss the good ol' written review. I understand their reasoning for not doing them that much anymore, I guess. Kinda hard to justify doing all that work when you feel like people don't even read it (I'm guilty of not reading most of the review) but I still miss written reviews damn it! I want to know how many stars a game gets and that little pull quote that sums stuff up.

I've also found myself fast-forwarding through large swaths of the podcast. I understand the need to call out certain things in the industry and whatnot but I just don't find it entertaining to listen to.

On topic with the thread - I can't see the site going away without Jeff but seeing some people mention it getting absorbed into Gamespot is kind of a crazy thought.

Oh well, that's my 2 cents. The end.