Avatar image for psyborg0815--DEFUNCT
psyborg0815

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By psyborg0815

That would be pretty much like any rhythm game on the pc.

Edit: Oh, I forgot. There IS ALREADY a Keyboard hero.

trylks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#3  Edited By trylks

I've just seen this video:

Since I saw guitar hero I've always wanted a keyboard hero, looks like it's quite straight to make it for the PC, and it would be even cooler for consoles with a fake keyboard with (let me count) 19 keys which is much less than an actual keyboard, but much more realistic than guitar hero. I'd really like that, what do you think?

BTW, it's probably easy to have a creative charge in a video game company, I mean, it's not my case, but someone could do exactly the same, check the market for that and then make the game or not. The only problem asking publicly is to unveil possible future projects to your competitors, but in a big company you could do this pool among the employees of that company... I suppose life is easy when you get to the top.
Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4  Edited By Linkyshinks

No. 

Typing of the Dead is awesome  though.  

trylks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By trylks
@psyborg0815 said:

" Edit: Oh, I forgot. There IS ALREADY a Keyboard hero. "

RLY? I'd like to see it, but I think it is using the keyboard as a guitar, which is quite different, the point is to use the keyboard as a keyboard.
Alex_Murphy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6  Edited By Alex_Murphy

That could be cool, but if you were using a real keyboard I would imagine that playing it on the hardest difficulty would be exactly like playing it for real. Maybe a good way to teach people to play the piano.

How about a guitar game where you use some peripheral to plug in a real electric guitar. The game would have to be able to identify the tones good enough to tell if your using the right frets tho.

trylks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By trylks
@Alex_Murphy:  The problem with the real guitar is that it is more of a qualitative step than a quantitative step, but I think it would be a good idea, there are many people who want to learn to play the guitar, and such a game would make that easier and more fun, IMO, besides hardware costs would be reduced because the real guitar would not be included in the game, that's for sure, you would still need an adapter though.
rokkis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By rokkis

This has already been made.

It's called Synthesia, and it's free if you don't want all the features.

mattysen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9  Edited By mattysen
@rokkis said:

" This has already been made.

It's called Synthesia, and it's free if you don't want all the features.

"
Ive seen this before, used it to lern afew songs from videos of it. But how the hell are you supose to know what note it is before it hits the first time round?
trylks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By trylks
@rokkis: thx! I was thinking more of a simplified version with only 19 keys as the video I posted, but that looks really cool, it only needs some ordering to learn the position of the hands and then songs with a gradually increasing difficulty (which may be the learning pack for $16, dunno). Good decision choosing the song also ;D
trylks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By trylks

I've looked at the video of Decisive Battle, you have to keep crossing your hands?.... 

And for Jenova you need 3 hands:

Co-op mode! :D
rokkis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By rokkis
@Trylks said:

" @rokkis: thx! I was thinking more of a simplified version with only 19 keys as the video I posted, but that looks really cool, it only needs some ordering to learn the position of the hands and then songs with a gradually increasing difficulty (which may be the learning pack for $16, dunno). Good decision choosing the song also ;D "

If you want a simple version, just play a simple song. It's that easy. Synthesia can play any midi file, so the sky's the limit. Synthesia comes with a selection of songs with increasing difficulty, but it's all classical music.

@Trylks said:

" I've looked at the video of Decisive Battle, you have to keep crossing your hands?.... 

And for Jenova you need 3 hands:

Co-op mode! :D "

You don't HAVE to cross your hands. Just play it the way it's most comfortable to you. I'm not a piano teacher though, so I don't really know what's best.

A lot depends on the midi file. The ones you have there are solo-pieces. (two hands type) Sythesia shows each voice or whatever in a different color, so midi-files with just piano looks very good, but the more voices, the more chaos.

Like this:

-------------------------------

I don't think it's meant as a game. A piano has 88 keys, so it's hard to just jump into some random Beethoven piece and try to keep up. However as a tool for learning the piano it is excellent. I have a 24" screen above my piano with synthesia on it, insead of sheetmusic. Yeah, I CBA to learn notes. I just want to play some songs on the piano. 

Here's a few sites if anyone is interested in midi files:

http://www.gamemusicthemes.com/index.html
http://vgmusic.com/
http://vgmusic.com/music/other/miscellaneous/piano/
http://www.squaresound.com/home.php