Avatar image for deactivated-6610658acf7f5
deactivated-6610658acf7f5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

This is an update to an older post

A new version of the Xbox 360 Controller Emulator is available. This allows Logitech controllers to be recognized as Xbox controllers when playing Games for Windows games. The new version may be found here: 
http://www.tocaedit.com/IB/index.php?automodule=downloads&showfile=32

This version now works with Red Faction: Guerrilla (which I've tested) and Trine (which I've not). These games require a few additional steps: 

1. In the Red Faction folder where rfg.exe is located, copy the emulator's DLL and INI file.
  2. Open the INI file using an editor.
  3. Change FakeAPI=0 to FakeAPI=1.
  4. Change VID=0x0 and PID=0x0 to their respective values.
To determine these values: 
  1. Open the Device Manager, which may be found in the Control Panel.
  2. Under Human Interface Devices, open the Properties of the HID-compliant game controller and go to the Details tab.
  3. From the drop-down menu, select Hardware Ids.
  4. One of the entries should contain the VID and PID values you need.

For example, the entry on my computer reads "HID\VID_046D&PID_C216". These values are then copied to emulator's INI file as VID=0x046D and PID=0xC216. 

All that's left to do is run Red Faction and enjoy.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is an update to an older post

A new version of the Xbox 360 Controller Emulator is available. This allows Logitech controllers to be recognized as Xbox controllers when playing Games for Windows games. The new version may be found here: 
http://www.tocaedit.com/IB/index.php?automodule=downloads&showfile=32

This version now works with Red Faction: Guerrilla (which I've tested) and Trine (which I've not). These games require a few additional steps: 

1. In the Red Faction folder where rfg.exe is located, copy the emulator's DLL and INI file.
  2. Open the INI file using an editor.
  3. Change FakeAPI=0 to FakeAPI=1.
  4. Change VID=0x0 and PID=0x0 to their respective values.
To determine these values: 
  1. Open the Device Manager, which may be found in the Control Panel.
  2. Under Human Interface Devices, open the Properties of the HID-compliant game controller and go to the Details tab.
  3. From the drop-down menu, select Hardware Ids.
  4. One of the entries should contain the VID and PID values you need.

For example, the entry on my computer reads "HID\VID_046D&PID_C216". These values are then copied to emulator's INI file as VID=0x046D and PID=0xC216. 

All that's left to do is run Red Faction and enjoy.
wolf_blitzer85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By wolf_blitzer85

That's pretty cool....of course you could just get a 360 controller, but if that's not an option this seems like something useful.  

warxsnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By warxsnake

Thats really cool

HitmanAgent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By HitmanAgent47

I use a logitec cordless rumblepad 2, however that's very complicated if I need all those steps to play games. Or do you mean only certain games needs to change the .ini?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolf_blitzer85 said:
" That's pretty cool....of course you could just get a 360 controller, but if that's not an option this seems like something useful.   "
True, but Xbox controllers tend to be expensive and they have that horrible d-pad. 

@HitmanAgent47 said:
"

I use a logitec cordless rumblepad 2, however that's very complicated if I need all those steps to play games. Or do you mean only certain games needs to change the .ini?

"
The above steps are only for specific games that require some additional tweaking. Other games only require the first step: copying a couple files.
teh_pwnzorer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By teh_pwnzorer

I use the following xinput dll replacement (I found the link here).

http://www.mediafire.com/?zo3lmvjik3m     

Dirt 2 and Grid think my $25 Seitek P3200 is an XBox controller.  The rumble feature works in Grid.  All you have to do is put the xinput dll in the game's directory (even if it's the steam version).  To enable rumble you may have to edit the .ini.