Lind_L_Taylor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#51  Edited By Lind_L_Taylor
AgentJ said:
"Its really simple actually. Square was nearly in the toilet when they released the First Final Fantasy, but it turned out to be a big success, so they made more of them. From what i understand, Final Fantasy 1 didn't come out in america until Square had finished the third or fourth final fantasy in Japan. But while the first Final Fantasy was considered easy enough for American gamers, the higher-ups believed the second and third games in the series too hard for Americans, so they simply didn't release them here. When the fourth game in the series came around, Square either decided that it was easy enough for us or they dumbed it down, im not sure which. But of course, releasing IV as IV in america wouldn't make sense to americans since they hadn't played II or III yet. So for america, Square just made it Final Fantasy II. I don't know if V had the same problem with diffuculty as II and III, but it was also deemed unfit for american audiences and was withheld. Of course, whether VI was too diffucult or not, it was too good to keep on one side of the Pacific. Lol, can you imagine if we had to wait until the GBA versions to play VI? what a horrible world this would have been. You should really get a DS though. There are so many great RPGs on the console, and the advantage of portablity is a godsend for people who are always on the move."
That sounds ridiculous. How can a game be difficult for Americans?  We're the fucking best there is at game playing.  More likely the story probably didn't make sense from a Western viewpoint.  I think we should all take offense to what you said about dumbing this down for us. That's totally preposterous.  I don't know if you've noticed lately, but the Japanese produce some of the shittiest games I've ever seen...and you call those "for the smarter folks"?  Whatever.

NukeGoBoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By NukeGoBoom

My PS3 fanboy part of my mind is tingling.As you know PS3 version comes first in japan.And japan only until 360 port is done.Then worldwide.
Meaning that they are teasing us with japans PS3 version just becouse Square was gready and wanted to milk more money in the US through the 360 port.

NukeGoBoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#53  Edited By NukeGoBoom
AgentJ said:
"Its really simple actually. Square was nearly in the toilet when they released the First Final Fantasy, but it turned out to be a big success, so they made more of them. From what i understand, Final Fantasy 1 didn't come out in america until Square had finished the third or fourth final fantasy in Japan. But while the first Final Fantasy was considered easy enough for American gamers, the higher-ups believed the second and third games in the series too hard for Americans, so they simply didn't release them here. When the fourth game in the series came around, Square either decided that it was easy enough for us or they dumbed it down, im not sure which. But of course, releasing IV as IV in america wouldn't make sense to americans since they hadn't played II or III yet. So for america, Square just made it Final Fantasy II. I don't know if V had the same problem with diffuculty as II and III, but it was also deemed unfit for american audiences and was withheld. Of course, whether VI was too diffucult or not, it was too good to keep on one side of the Pacific. Lol, can you imagine if we had to wait until the GBA versions to play VI? what a horrible world this would have been. You should really get a DS though. There are so many great RPGs on the console, and the advantage of portablity is a godsend for people who are always on the move."
Example of games like FF2 and 3 not going over to US : Super Mario Bros 2