Your favourite state of mind to play games in?

nail1080

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By nail1080
Avatar image for infinitestatemachine
InfiniteStateMachine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

A,C,D and E

I can't play games drunk, I can't focus. Playing NHL/NFL at a buddies house drunk is about all I can pull off. Otherwise I just piss myself off at how much i suck at the game. 

Same deal with stressed, I can't justify playing the games because I know I should be studying/working. Looking forward to this summer so I can actually get in some quality gaming time.

fwylo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By fwylo

A for me.  Though drunk/stoned is fun but I couldn't do it all the time.  I find it a good stress reliever and good in the morning as well.  Late at night isn't too bad but once you hit that super tired point everything that happens just becomes annoying as fuck.

I guess what I'm trying to say is I like playing games all the time.

Galbrezu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Galbrezu

B and/or C

nail1080

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By nail1080
@InfiniteStateMachine said:
" A,C,D and E   I can't play games drunk, I can't focus. Playing NHL/NFL at a buddies house drunk is about all I can pull off. Otherwise I just piss myself off at how much i suck at the game.   Same deal with stressed, I can't justify playing the games because I know I should be studying/working. Looking forward to this summer so I can actually get in some quality gaming time. "
There are a few games I would recommend to play while stressed or during a quick study break. Geo Wars 1 and 2, any Guitar Hero game if you play on high difficulty, or something like Amplitute or Frequency just to keep your brain firing and making crazy connections. Works well for me anyway, quickly gets the adrenaline pumping and keeps the brain stimulated.
JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#6  Edited By JJWeatherman

wow

jmrwacko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By jmrwacko

I don't like playing games when I'm super tired, but I don't have the time to play them when I'm super awake. I play mostly after work and in between classes.

Disease07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Disease07

First thing in the morning is prime time for me, I think it goes back to another post on here about playing better whilst just zoning out.  
My hands have been playing video games long enough to know what to do by now, I just over complicate things. 

nail1080

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By nail1080

Interesting to see people picking the '1st thing in the morning choice' - this was defo my favourite choice when I was a kid. There was nothing quite like whipping out the old snes 8am on a sunday when everyone else is aslepp and playing some Zelda, Mario, Bomberman, SF2 etc.

MVP1101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By MVP1101

I like playing high, i just go in to a zone were i just focus on the game and nothing else. 

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#11  Edited By Yummylee

All of the above....I like a challenge..
Pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Pie

I haven't played early in the morning for years....Theres always tomorrow 

Hot_Karl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Hot_Karl

YEAH BRO I'M GONNA TOKE UP AND PLAY SOME COD ONLINE WE GONNA GET SOME JOINT OPS YADDAMEAN?

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By xyzygy

Definitely late at night. I don't know why.

CaptainObvious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By CaptainObvious
@VinceNotVance: BLUNT TRAUMA BRAH YEAAAAAAAAAAAH!
CornontheCobbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#16  Edited By CornontheCobbe

Not drunk, but after only one pint. ~I feel so happy and love to play. Seeing as I just had my dinner here in Ireland, and had a pint with my dinner, i'm about to play :)

AlwaysAngry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#17  Edited By AlwaysAngry

H. It gets me hella angry and there are times where I am shouting at the T.V. trying to find Cliffy B's email address. 

FUCK YOU CLIFFY B AND YOUR HOST BULLSHIT!!!!!!!!!

Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Brendan

I like A most of the time, however if I just got a game I'm really into (AC2, ME2, etc.) and I don't have shit to do the next day, I'm pretty pumped for the next morning.  

A most of the time, but D sometimes as well.
Avatar image for deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96
deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

@nail1080 said:
" Interesting to see people picking the '1st thing in the morning choice' - this was defo my favourite choice when I was a kid. There was nothing quite like whipping out the old snes 8am on a sunday when everyone else is aslepp and playing some Zelda, Mario, Bomberman, SF2 etc. "
Yeah man, I remember as a kid waking up and I could reach my N64 from my bed and when I was even younger I would run downstairs before school and play some Mario Kart on the SNES.
Avatar image for infinitestatemachine
InfiniteStateMachine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nail1080: Yeah the shorter span games I can still play. I did try that with SF4, but playing that, there's a 50% chance I'll get MORE frustrated if I'm playing online.
nilsmueller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By nilsmueller

Perfectly sober and awake 

frankfartmouth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#22  Edited By frankfartmouth

I used to looove to take shrooms and play, but I've gotten kind of sick of hallucinogens over the years. Almost always play sober now. Wii Sports is about the only thing fun to play drunk

demigonis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By demigonis
A.

But sometimes playing certain games is nice for stress relief if you're pissed off about something. I know a couple minutes in GTA can help let off a little steam.

And every once in a while it's fun to turn a multi-player game into a drinking game. I can't remember the specific rules, but I remember playing a drinking game of Super Smash Bros. Brawl for an evening. Four friends playing in 3-life free-for-all and I think the rules were that whoever got first and second place each game would take a shot. It was quite fun and was somewhat self-balancing because the shots would help dull the reflexes of players who were winning more often. Lots of shots were had. Lots of fun was had.
Avatar image for deactivated-57aaaa9329732
deactivated-57aaaa9329732

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Since I was a kid I seem to have the sharpest skills when I first wake up.