Your Internet Home

Death_Unicorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By Death_Unicorn

So with this news, whether it be good or bad, we can expect change to come.

I very much hope that Giant Bomb stays awesome, but a part of me is seriously worried. This has been my internet home for the last couple of years and part of the reason I love it is the community.

So let's just imagine worst comes to worst, where would you guys move on to? I honest don't have a clue since I have basically been inhabiting GiantBomb and Screened exclusively for the last couple of years, so I don't know any other cool websites with cool duders.

What other sites do you visit? What's your internet home?

roborobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By roborobb

I feel exactly the same. Concerned.

i've been following Jeff & the guys since 2004. This seriously reminds me of when Jeff's termination a GSpot make their forums go into meltdown.

Truth is, no other site offers the type of content I've come to expect from these guys. This is my favourite website 'bar-none' and I will follow this group until they retire.

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#3  Edited By AhmadMetallic

Welp, time to find a new small sincere website to occupy its forums. 3rd place, not bad!

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#4  Edited By Video_Game_King

@RoboRobb said:

I feel exactly the same. Concerned.

Same here. I'll have to wander around a bit, see where I feel most comfortable. And then, once that's done, I'll introduce all the weird shit you guys have become so accustomed to over the years (Satan Claus, Bushwald Sexyface, Chickenhead, my Lunar lineage, etc.).

Avatar image for willthemagicasian
WilltheMagicAsian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By WilltheMagicAsian

Tested? I dunno. I'll just go back to exclusively using IRC.

psylah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By psylah

Well for me, Giant Bomb replaced any time I spent watching a television. If the quality of video and podcasting dropped as a result of the merger, or was eventually cut, I'd be screwed.

BonOrbitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By BonOrbitz

I'm concerned as well, but optimistic. I love and hate change and don't want to see it come to Giant Bomb because I love everything they do here and how they do it. I like how it feels smaller than a Gamespot or IGN in a quirky, niche way and hope the feeling stays after the move.

I guess the best thing I got from the breakfast video is that John Davison will be involved in some way. The guy is awesome and can be trusted. I haven't been to Gamespot since 2007, but I get the feeling it really isn't the same place it was back then.

Edit. But yeah, GB.com is my internet home. I spend more time here than anyplace else on the internet.

Vestigial_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By Vestigial_Man

I'd probably become more involved in over on the BigRedBarrel community, it's a small independent site run in the writers spare time. The podcasts they have are pretty good and I've consumed their content for a long time from back when it was Sarcastic Gamer.

zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By zeforgotten

Sure, internet home (if that's even a thing) 
It's getting bigger and more awesome crazyness will be put in the new rooms that come with this new home.  

I would stay here. Even if the worst thing happened (A bomb was dropped on US soil and all the Giant Bomb guys were caught in the explosion except one but the blood and guts of his fellow co-workers would be all over his face and a little baby would have gotten so badly injured that the surviving member of the crew would have to snap the little babys neck.. Oh.. No that's not the worst thing that could happen, is it?

Arker101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Arker101

Yeah, Giantbomb's been my homepage for a few years, the problem is that I don't like the opinions or style of any other video game site. PA and others aren't awful or anything, but I just like hearing GBs opinions on things, like poop flinging.

Death_Unicorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#11  Edited By Death_Unicorn

@AhmadMetallic: Tell me when you find one, so I can take my ship there too.

Avatar image for gunslingerpanda
GunslingerPanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By GunslingerPanda

I'll just wait until the inevitable happens and Jeff starts up LittleMissile.com, yay a new home.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#13  Edited By musubi

Gamebomb.ru guys... COMON NOW.

Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#14  Edited By Brendan

Why is everyone already talking about packing up and leaving? At least wait to see if the site stays awesome or not, jeez louiz.

Avatar image for tim_the_corsair
tim_the_corsair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By tim_the_corsair

Drama queens.

Masha2932

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Masha2932

I'm concerned but hopeful for the best. Giant Bomb is one of the five sites I visit everyday and I hope that the only changes that happen are for the better.

That been said when there is little to no content (Quick looks mostly) on Giant Bomb I usually watch the Reiner and Phil videos on Game Informer. You can check out their playlist here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E9zoLzojr6A&feature=list_related&playnext=1&list=SPEC14775270032819

The guys at Game Informer also do replays of older games and they also have their Endurance run clone called super replays. I'm not a fan of the super replays as much(most of their personalities are not as engaging over long periods of time) but if your curious check out the videos here: http://www.youtube.com/user/gameinformer/videos?view=1

Also before I forget one of the better Game informer video series' is the Dan and his Dad videos. The reaction of Dan Ryckert's dad to some games is hilarious. If you must check out anything from Game Informer let it be this group of videos. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7FSiZHPuq5Y&list=PLB48C10BB584A0D4C&index=2&feature=plpp_video

Deusx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Deusx

This feels so weird. So many questions. What is going to happen to screened and comicvine? :(

Avatar image for deactivated-629eab11cc270
deactivated-629eab11cc270

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Deusx said:

This feels so weird. So many questions. What is going to happen to screened and comicvine? :(

Comic Vine has been bought by CBS too

Slurpelve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Slurpelve

I pretty much made this my Internet home as well, during E3 2010 I made Giantbomb my home page crazy to say.:P

Deusx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Deusx

@Zacagawea: Herp I'm sorry, I meant Animevice... I don't mind the site that much but it has a big community that loves the site.

Skald

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 7

#21  Edited By Skald

Honestly? I already spend most of my internet time at The Verge. Giant Bomb has a better community, so I've never had the desire to leave.