ZP review of Duke Nukem Forever is awesome

This topic is locked from further discussion.

PJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By PJ
TheKidNixon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By TheKidNixon

Wow, an actually interesting commentary from Yahtzee. I'm a fan of the series, but this is probably the most interesting I've seen come out of it in a long time, if ever. Bravo, sir. Bravo.

The_A_Drain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By The_A_Drain

I like Zero Punctuation as a comedy item, Mr. Croshaw is taken far too seriously by far too many people, when the fact of the matter is his commentaries are for comedic effect and nothing more, he's even said so himself o many occasions. I found this one rather hard to swallow however, until the full story comes out, we don't know the full story between the developer and publisher, and have little to no right to comment. Pity because the rest of it was a bit of a larf, so to speak.

PJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By PJ

I'm a pretty big fan of Yahtzee too though i dont really take the "reviews" that seriously. But it does for some cheap laughs here and there and sometimes like whit this one it strikes comedy gold.

The_A_Drain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By The_A_Drain

All good comedy is based in truth, but I think a lot of people can't tell the difference between being based in truth, and being solid, hard, forged in steel truth, so you see a lot of dumb people out there taking his reviews 100% seriously.

PJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By PJ
The_A_Drain said:
I like Zero Punctuation as a comedy item, Mr. Croshaw is taken far too seriously by far too many people, ... [more]

But seriously, if you cant produce a game for 13years then you deserve to be sued if your under contract to do so. I hate it when ppl start defending something like DNF when it most likely wouldnt have been more then a good game at best. Also 3D Realms arent worth defending eather since they havent done anything decent after DN3D and that was in '95 or smething like that.

And no they didn't do Max Payne if someone likes to be a smart ass, they weren't involved to such extent(if in a developmant sence at all) that it made any differnece, it was all Remedy
Avatar image for stephen_von_cloud
Stephen_Von_Cloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7  Edited By Stephen_Von_Cloud

Pretty good one, though I have to say I did think the leaked footage of DNF looked like fun to me.  I'm a fan of Serious Sam and that stupid kind of stuff because it's dumb and fun, and that's fine with me.  That being said they should have their asses sued for taking that long and having nothing to show for it.  (Although that's just first reaction.  As you guys are saying who knows what went down)

SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By SmugDarkLoser
The_A_Drain said:
All good comedy is based in truth, but I think a lot of people can't tell the difference between being ... [more]

That's why Yahtzee isn't that good.  Lots of stuff he makes up is so...not true.
Comedy needs to have a basis.  You can stretch that, but not to extent that he does at times. 
The_A_Drain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By The_A_Drain
PJ said:
The_A_Drain said: I like Zero Punctuation as a comedy item, Mr. Croshaw is taken far too seriously by far too ... [more]

I'm not defending DNF at all, i'm simply saying that we dont know the whole story, and won't, until after the court case. Stranger things have happened than what is being claimed by 3D Realms.
penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By penguindust

It's all very tragic...excuse me, social services is knocking on my door.

I like the idea of Cooking Momma on the moon, though.

PureRok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By PureRok
PJ said:
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation/748-Duke-Nukem-ForeverCheck it out it was fucking hillarious. And to what he said at the end, I agree 1.000.000% [more]
You agree 1%? What a tiny number.
Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#12  Edited By Diamond

Sorry about creating the dupe thread earlier.  I searched Zero Punctuation, not ZP.

BBQBram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#13  Edited By BBQBram

Haha, this was sarcastic gold. Yathzee ftw, he may exaggerate from time to time, but in general I find his anti-hype scepticism to be very honest and refreshing. And don't forget the cheap laughs!

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#14  Edited By mike