Ask me anything about: GTAV (spoiler free)

• 77 results
Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

lol

Christ this site is such a mess right now.

OfficeGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

@hom3r said:

@mrjorowe: WOW been asking people about that second disk install? So its possible ..... can you tell me what changes or gets better? Also how big are both disks installed because got a old 15gb xbox. Thought about buying a 32gb flashdrive to have the best GTA5 experience.

As far as I can tell, there is no option to install the second disc. There is no menu to do it in-game, and if you try to do it from the dashboard, you are only allowed to install the second disc to a different device than the first one is installed to. This indicates to me that the second disc is never intended to be installed.

@shagge said:

Are there HUD arrangement options? As a small TV haver, I'm not enamored with the tiny health/armor/special bars, and would prefer the circle around the map, or even the old-school bars. Not a game breaker by any means, and it might be fine once I'm playing it myself, it just looks less than ideal.

I don't see any HUD options so far.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By mike

Is it Anita Sarkeesian's worst nightmare?

I'm not so sure about that, but there is definitely going to be some controversy. For instance, "nigga" is used freely by a couple of the main characters at least 50 times during the first couple of tutorial missions alone. The flip side to that is that it seems totally natural for these characters to be talking to each other using that language, so it doesn't really bother me at all.

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 27

@mrjorowe: Thanks, and damn. I won't get mine until Tuesday if I order now.

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@mb: Ah well. Again, not essential, but it would have been a nice touch.

Demmetje

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Do you think the streets look emptier than in previous installments?

Does it feel if the city is alive?

And how about the countryside?

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

@mb said:

@mr_misery said:

I'm not so sure about that, but there is definitely going to be some controversy. For instance, "nigga" is used freely by a couple of the main characters at least 50 times during the first couple of tutorial missions alone. The flip side to that is that it seems totally natural for these characters to be talking to each other using that language, so it doesn't really bother me at all.

Was there not any use of the term 'nigga' in San Andreas? I at least know for sure it was used rather liberally in the first Saints Row if you can believe it, and there was no fuss then. GTA of all franchises I'd expect would use such a term appropriately anywhoo, so I doubt there'd be any issues on that front.

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#60  Edited By SpaceInsomniac

@mb said:

I've been very careful not to look at the soundtrack--as I want it to be a surprise in-game--but I did accidentally see that it includes the DJ Quik song Dollaz and Sense, which is probably the most graphic song that he's ever released as a single.

The song was also hilariously referenced in the That's Gay video concerning the topic of "no homo" and the obsession rappers seem to have with the subject of homosexuality. Obviously, this link is NOT SAFE FOR WORK: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pZxRDAREjD4

So yeah, I can't imagine that going over very well with some uninformed parent who buys this for their 13 year old, and thinks that the most offensive things in the game will be the word fuck, and some people getting shot.

Killerfridge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By Killerfridge

@dudeglove: The two franchises are so far removed from each other right now, that's kind of a weird question.

OfficeGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Based on the footage I've seen so far, it seems that even if you commit a crime in the middle of nowhere, a wanted star immediately pops up and seconds later police cars magically come out from around you and chase you. Has that been your experience?
That seems disappointing that killing a dude on top of a mountain and in the middle of downtown have the same police reaction..

A dude just ran over a hiker on top of a massive mountain after a 5 minute drive up, and just seconds later, a cop car came flying from the mountain top ahead :/

Also:

@demmetje said:

^ this has been bothering me too.

Why should I care about GTA anything after Saints Row IV pretty much blew the formula out of the water?

I can't even begin to fathom a way to respond to this comment. Replace "GTA" with "Just Cause 2" and "Saints Row IV" with that PS2 Spider Man game in your question, and you might be onto something.

mrfluke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@mb: Spoiler Free of course, how are you liking the story?

how's the swapping between the 3 guys, is it quick?

What has impressed you the most about the game?

How packed is this game based on what you've played with side/extra content? (totally fine if the side content is super bland)

How are you liking the 3 main characters, and who's your favorite?

jimmyfenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dudeglove: That is a dumb comment at this point.

GreggD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#65  Edited By GreggD
probablytuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Does the game feature separate stat sheets for each character or are they all included in one? For example the number of kills?

daiphyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#67  Edited By daiphyer

I just played like, 7 hours of it. Ask me anything!

@demmetje said:

And how about the countryside?

I would say there are less people on streets than in IV, but they seem very people-like. I actually followed a girl who was on the phone, and she had a full conversation for like a full two minutes. It was pretty impressive.

I haven't gotten to the countryside yet.

@mrfluke said:

@mb: Spoiler Free of course, how are you liking the story?

how's the swapping between the 3 guys, is it quick?

What has impressed you the most about the game?

How packed is this game based on what you've played with side/extra content? (totally fine if the side content is super bland)

How are you liking the 3 main characters, and who's your favorite?

The story doesn't kick in until like, 3-4 hours in depending on how you play it.

Yep. In missions, it's seamless. Very fast. In the open-world, I'd say it's pretty fast, too. And I haven't seen a single (Idle) animation repeated yet.

The side-missions might really surprise you coming from IV. I'll just say that.

I haven't gotten Trevor yet, but Michael's been my favorite so far. His kids are great.

@probablytuna said:

Does the game feature separate stat sheets for each character or are they all included in one? For example the number of kills?

Separate stat sheet for each character that you can see at anytime by holding down the switch button.

daiphyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Based on the footage I've seen so far, it seems that even if you commit a crime in the middle of nowhere, a wanted star immediately pops up and seconds later police cars magically come out from around you and chase you. Has that been your experience?

That seems disappointing that killing a dude on top of a mountain and in the middle of downtown have the same police reaction..

A dude just ran over a hiker on top of a massive mountain after a 5 minute drive up, and just seconds later, a cop car came flying from the mountain top ahead :/

It's not as bad as IV, which was pretty bad. Now, I can't confirm this, but I think how cops get informed is more dynamic than in the past. Like, I was playing as Franklin and got in a fight with some gang, (They talked shit was I was walking by, I hit the talk button, Franklin talked shit back, they jumped me) and the cops didn't show up until the fight turned into a gunfight. And then later, I kicked some old lady in the beach as Michael, and cops came after me instantly.

Example1013

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mb said:

@mr_misery said:

So my apology is in the mail right?

mrfluke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@daiphyer: people seem to really like the intro to this game, thoughts?

and once the story gets going what do you think of it so far?

and hows the "tone" of this game? based on the trailers it seems much much more loose than Gta 4, more satire than grounded to me (which is not a bad thing)

and can you elaborate a bit on what you mean in reference to the side missions?

AlexanderSheen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can you have a giant purple dildo bat?

daiphyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrfluke said:

@daiphyer: people seem to really like the intro to this game, thoughts?

and once the story gets going what do you think of it so far?

and hows the "tone" of this game? based on the trailers it seems much much more loose than Gta 4, more satire than grounded to me (which is not a bad thing)

and can you elaborate a bit on what you mean in reference to the side missions?

Intro's totally alright. It throws you right into the action, and provides some solid story beats.

As with every GTA game, the real, overarching story does not make itself visible until ways into the game. However, the character stories so far have been pretty good. Michael's family problems have been the highlight so far to me.

It has its serious moments, but moijbo(C it's been fun and satire so far. Some very funny dialog and moments.

The side missions are wild and crazy. No more, "Hey! Come help me run this cab company!"

paparoach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mb said:

@mr_misery said:

Sorry, you totally lost me there...what do you mean?

jking47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

mrfluke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@daiphyer: how tight is the gunplay? is it comparable to say Max payne or Red Dead?

and hows the game world?, to me based on the map, it seems like its one big very densely populated city, and hella Moutains

Thanks for helping MB and answering questions btw :)

Example1013

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mb said:

@example1013 said:

@mb said:

@mr_misery said:

Sorry, you totally lost me there...what do you mean?

If I send you a link to a PM you're in, can you click on it and get to the PM?

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@daiphyer: I haven't figured out exactly how the police are dispatched out to crimes yet...for instance, earlier I shot some dude in the face and then took his car, all in full view of a number of motorists and pedestrians. No cops were called, nothing happened. I didn't hang around at the scene of the crime for a long time but it's not like they instantly appeared or anything.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@probablytuna: @daiphyer

Hey guys, I just had to delete some of the images that you (and I) posted in this thread. Rockstar sent over some copyright infringement notices about some images that were put up in the "leaked images" thread which had to be deleted...so to be on the safe side, no more images until at least the review embargo expires on Monday.

I really hope that we aren't asked to censor users' discussion about the game, especially when it's someone such as myself who got the game legitimately from a retailer, but tread carefully for the next day or two. If I hear anything else I'll let you know and post an update here, but I really don't want to close this thread unless I have to.