So, GTA: Online seems to be completely broken.

gaminghooligan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#51  Edited By gaminghooligan

90% of these characters will be sired by John Marston, somehow I find this oddly appropriate...

Nodima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 0

Well, got in using the solo session launcher from the pause menu, watched the intro, saw way more pop-in than I ever have with my PSN offline game, walked to the mission marker and then got booted. Shucks.

thwip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

Its about as broken as I expected. Got through character creation, but every time I try to get into the game I get "failed to host" or "timed out" error message. The most annoying thing though is that it forces you to load back into the single player mode to select your online character again instead of just giving you a retry button.

Ghostiet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

90% of these characters will be sired by John Marston, somehow I find this oddly appropriate...

Funny, considering Marston refuses to sleep with whores in RDR.

Grissefar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By Grissefar

Now I get why they didn't enable Online at launch. Can you imagine the beating they would have taken in the reviews? The metascore would have been 94 instead of 97, or something crazy like that.

RazielCuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I guess none of you guys played the iFruit app then? Because that was broken for at least 3 days and that's an iPhone app, so I hate to speculate how long it'll take them to fix the online for a full blown multiplayer console game.

OldManLight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 9

#57  Edited By OldManLight

was able to ride through the opening cinematic with lamar (Tons of texture pop-in i didn't see in single player).

was able to complete the first race (set a world record it told me) and since then, stuck at loading screens twice now with now way to back out except dashboarding.

avantegardener

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#58  Edited By avantegardener

Slightly off topic, but not by much, does anyone else have trouble accessing bawsaq (market is always down when purchasing) with Franklin exclusively, is this actually deliberate? I kind of hoped the stock market might be patched with this update.

Anyway all this online business will sort itself out in a months time, seriously I think it will be November (and another patch) before it runs with any consistency.

Rafaelfc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just keep getting the "failed to host... please return to Grand Theft Auto V and try again later" message.

Awesome

Levius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I just tried to get online and it failed to connect. So I get kicked out to single player where I immediately get a very spoilery phone call. So watch out if you haven't finished the game yet, do not answer Dr Friendlander's texts.

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#61  Edited By TheManWithNoPlan

Huh? I didn't even know it launched already.

Darji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just tried to get online and it failed to connect. So I get kicked out to single player where I immediately get a very spoilery phone call. So watch out if you haven't finished the game yet, do not answer Dr Friendlander's texts.

You sure it is not story related? because there is some stuff happening that... Lets just say stuff is happening^^

Baillie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#63  Edited By Baillie

@amatureidiot said:

That sounds... inconvenient.

Devil240Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

seems like a bad idea making the first thing you do in GTAO be a forced online thing. maybe should have started with some offline stuff and then open up the world.

DonMFJohnson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Got in, did the first tutorial missions and did one "TDM" mission. But having trouble connecting reliably, this first week in going to be crazy.

Avatar image for manhattan_project
manhattan_project

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

BTW That pop in is only that bad in the first drive in with Lamar. After that its the same as the singleplayer. Also for those wanting to make their characters not look like ass, make surs to turn down things like criminal activity and partying.

Levius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darji said:

@amatureidiot said:

You sure it is not story related? because there is some stuff happening that... Lets just say stuff is happening^^

Well, when I got kicked back to the single player I started as Micheal waking up in his house, the phone call talks about him kidnapping someone wife and him living in a trailer in a desert. I'm just after the mission where Trevor and Micheal dress a cops to steal the cars. I guess it could be explained away later in the conversation as a dream or something but I didn't want to risk it so I just quit out.

OldGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Got my pretty lady created and put on my GB crew shirt. Managed to run the intro race (though I was the only human in it). Got a "World Record" (really?) and then the XBOX locked up hard.

That was probably good as I really need to be at work today...

newmoneytrash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#69  Edited By newmoneytrash

I can't get the first race to trigger? I follow the minimap, but nothing happens.

I don't mind. I still haven't finished the campaign, so it's not like I don't have anything to do.

The_Ruiner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Works fine for me. First mission is a mandatory race then a group drug delivery. Then from there you're good. I got robbed at an ATM..then shot the dude for revenge...seems ok.

DystopiaX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By DystopiaX

can't even download the update, i accepted to patch to 1.01 and then it's just sitting at a black screen.

edit- restarted, worked fine this time. Maybe just me/a coincidence.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

I got my character created and launched a solo session which lasted long enough for me to see the intro with Lamar and as soon as it wanted me to do the intro race it was all NOPE.

TyPhOoN_DSB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

pyrrhus19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I got my character created and launched a solo session which lasted long enough for me to see the intro with Lamar and as soon as it wanted me to do the intro race it was all NOPE.

I'm having the same issue.

Flappy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tried to download the patch and my ps3 laughed in my face.

Thanks GTA!

mosespippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

Seems like a good time for me to spend 8 weeks in the bush. When I get back everything will be fixed.

jimmyfenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I manged to complete the race. Huzzah for me!

emfromthesea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Some of the interface stuff seems really cool. I only just managed to do the first race, now I'm stuck at a loading screen.

Carlos1408

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just created a character and am currently trying to join GTA online. It's taking a while though. Have a feeling it might never happen though.

Yeah not really a fan of the character creator since most of the results are kind of shit.

FightMeNerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Yeah first mission didn't load now my character just stands there where the first mission is supposed to start. Hell, they even programmed Lamar to yell at you when you walk away from where the forced first mission starts. I'm gonna go to bed. Get an extra hour of sleep before work because 2 hours of sleep isn't enough.

Flappy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

On a slightly less depressing note, watching Kotaku burst into flames about the Female intro has be hiiiiiiilarious. Lamar is pretty good at pissing people off both in-game and in real life.

Best Character of 2013.

nights

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By nights
@gaminghooligan said:

Using him seemed like one of the only ways to achieve proper face depth/proportions.

Jingalls13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By Jingalls13

I've had a few issues... 1. It skips the tutorial jumps straight into a game allowing me to do nothing at all (Cant move,shoot,pause, anything). 2. It doesn't load the race trigger. 3. It loads the race trigger but repeatedly shows the guy giving me the car. 4. It says "Connecting to other players" forever. 5. The race trigger pops up, but instead of working it sends me flying into the air to my death over and over again. 6. Get an error saying "Failed to connect to Rockstar Cloud, loading GTA 5".... so id say just wait until it makes you update again, feel free to keep trying if you want, but i find this loop of errors unending.

Edit: My buddy says that he had two other issues. 7. Says" You have been voted kicked by other players" while watching the introduction. 8. When the race is almost over it says "Save is corrupted, loading GTA 5"

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

Well they have a little under 6 hours to fix it or else they'll get a piece of..

..Vinny Justice

Nodima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

@flappy said:

On a slightly less depressing note, watching Kotaku burst into flames about the Female intro has be hiiiiiiilarious. Lamar is pretty good at pissing people off both in-game and in real life.

Best Character of 2013.

For real. What could've been a totally fine and believable intro for who that character is instead gets that one snippy comment at the end about how Lamar should be shot for his comments and suddenly it's like, "Wait, we have a problem here? Gucci Mane-ass Lamar is crudely hitting on a woman and we're disturbed by that? This badass woman that threw away his rose and doesn't even have to speak to get Lamar to drive her places, even though she just flew in from out-of-state after meeting up on LifeInvader?" Nothing about that scene empowered the male or belittled the female. People are so eager to get snarky about things.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e49e9175da37
deactivated-5e49e9175da37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

I can't even get in. It tells me my character will be temporary and then it conks out while doing the overhead loading thing.

agentboolen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By agentboolen

Wait so the online mode wasn't available when it first released last month?! Seems kind of strange.

ch3burashka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This forum thread seems like a waste of internet.

PhilOsyfee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have probably had the most interesting morning with this damn game. First I get the update and start the online without a hitch, get into the opening cinematic and catch Lamars goofy ass welcoming me in from a flight and then driving me off to a race. Once this cut scene ends there is nothing, just and open city with a big sign that said "punch everyone in the face". I followed the directions on the sign and started my punch spree, which provided a tiny bit of information in how leveling worked and also how stats are completely the same to the single player mode and can be increased the same way. After about 30-40 minutes I realized that even though my character was progressing (slowly) I was not interacting with anyone else and had no real goal to achieve. My dumb ass had not noticed something was wrong and that I also ended up in a solo session. After reloading the game and retrying online I am now again back to where everyone else is. Had a lot of fun punching and running around, just wish I could move a little further so I can start robbing stores and buying things and stuff. I hit level 3 though.

nemesis4670

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Okay first I played right when the update came out. The first time it said can't connect to Rockstar Cloud service so I can't save ... I just wanted to play so I went ahead anyway. I got to create a character and then was randomly dropped from really high in the sky into the GTA map and there was 15 other players on the map. I wasn't forced into any missions...as a matter of fact there was no "jobs" to even select from.

It was just free roam in the GTA map with a bunch of other people...and I must say it was much cooler that way. I would like to be able to start missions on my own terms.

It was AWESOME just messing around with strangers. I was actually laughing and having a great time finally having REAL people living in the huge world. There was even a setting to do "passive mode" where people cant hurt you... so you can progress without being killed by trolls.

I got 4 star wanted level and caused some major cop chases... got 2 other players to hop in my car and we went on a rampage. SO FUN

When I died the first time I saw some weird cutscene with some hippie angel dude...saying some weird crap to me. No clue wtf was going on there.

Then after messing around for about an hour I decided to try joining a new play session. Choosing " join new session" started a completely different experience that you guys were mentioning. Suddenly I was on an airplane being flown into Los Santos, and it was a whole intro like you guys said. Meeting Lamar and then being forced into a race. But the race never started and froze.

Now every time I try to launch the online mode my game freezes and I have to reset the console. Can't play anything but single player right now. But even when it does work I can't save... so seems pointless.

I'm just going to wait until the bugs are sorted out and I can actually save. I don't want the experience ruined by launch issues. The first time I played I was dropped right in the map really fast and had a blast... they should go back to that. Whatever it was.

mrcraggle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I can't even get in. It tells me my character will be temporary and then it conks out while doing the overhead loading thing.

I had the same thing. I sat there for ages after clicking continue then had to quit. 2nd time I got to make my character, got to continue then it just dumped me back into the main game. I'm wondering if the live show will even go ahead. R* have the data of how many people are online, surely they can just ramp up a bunch of servers to deal with this issue if only has a temporary solution.

RobertOrri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is still broken. I've made a character like four times now, I always end up stuck in the lobby for the initial race you're forced into (Mall or Nothing).

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#93 chaser324  Moderator

This is still broken. I've made a character like four times now, I always end up stuck in the lobby for the initial race you're forced into (Mall or Nothing).

That's where I got to this morning, but I just tried again and couldn't get past the character creator.

VeRKK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By VeRKK

I still cannot get into the Online portion of things, getting Rockstar cloud not available and when not that, cannot establish a session or something like that... Will try later...

Akyho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Unlike most of you all. I got in and dropped above the vineword sign. No intro with lamar like my sister had done. Just me 8 other people in a fre world of gta o.

It was fun. Sadlt everyone dropped out but one dude....who found me and would just troll me as I learned and checked stuff out. I changed session aaaaannn...I was fine...but i got paranoid about missing the intro. Restarted made a new dude aaaand...now cant get back in at all.

Dude was trolling me as in following and ramming cars into me. Also when shopping would rob the place or ram a car into the store trying to block me.....so yeah online is normal when it works.

MideonNViscera

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I guess none of you guys played the iFruit app then? Because that was broken for at least 3 days and that's an iPhone app, so I hate to speculate how long it'll take them to fix the online for a full blown multiplayer console game.

They don't even have the BAWSAQ under control yet. It's down half the time I try to use it.

I don't know if any of you experienced this, but in single player there was a fairly common glitch in the Epsilon quest line, and this update did actually fix that.

pyrodactyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My guess is that it's going to be even worse in a few hours for the live stream with all the people coming back from work.

MrMazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Managed to make 2 characters since the charcter creator SUCKS, discoverd the MArsten tip which is nice. Haven't been able to get to the race yet which proves to be annoying

RobertOrri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My guess is that it's going to be even worse in a few hours for the live stream with all the people coming back from work.

Yes, for sure. It is only going to get worse.

The server outage is not entirely surprising. The Xbox 360 version alone has over 5 million leaderboard entries.

Shoey920

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think this about sums it up.

No Caption Provided