• 65 results
Aegon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Aegon

Looks very crisp. Not sure I'm digging Delsin as a character though. Maybe it's Troy Baker's voice kind of standing out.

mrcraggle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Is there an uncompressed version available to download like the KZ devs put out? It's hard to really get a sense of how good these new games can look when YT is just horrible.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By ArtisanBreads

Deslin is definitely too "trying to be edgy" for me so far, but I mean, I have enjoyed inFamous in spite of its characters for two games now. Gameplay wise this is the best looking one yet. And It's real pretty.

GERALTITUDE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 2

Flying/flaming around looks cool.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

Oh god why is he only speaking in my right ear.

donutfever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 35

Looks good, though I feel like Saints Row IV perfected this kind of game by letting you jump onto buildings so easily run so quickly.

I'll probably pick up a PS4 when this comes out, hopefully there's a bundle.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

#7  Edited By StarvingGamer

Deslin is definitely too "trying to be edgy" for me so far

That's kinda the point though, right? Brash, idealistic, young activist whose hubris will cause the downfall of his allies at the end of the second act, teaching him a painful lesson in humility.

CaLe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By CaLe

Does he make that shit-eating grin every time he does his special air attack? What a grinshitter.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By ArtisanBreads

@donutfever said:

Looks good, though I feel like Saints Row IV perfected this kind of game by letting you jump onto buildings so easily run so quickly.

eh... multiple games have done it better than Saints Row. Hulk Ultimate Destruction did and I think Prototype definitely did, as well as the previous inFamous games. Prototype was the best to me because it was much smoother and you could run along buildings and not just up them.

If only pretty much the rest of the Prototype games wasn't whack.

The movement in Saints Row wasn't bad by any means but wasn't that smooth. Definitely didn't feel like the game was designed that way, it felt tacked on to the Saints Row 3 base.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

They made a faster, more fluid, and more destructable inFamous game.

Suddenly this is the game I'm looking forward to the most.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By ArtisanBreads

@starvinggamer said:

@artisanbreads said:

That's kinda the point though, right? Brash, idealistic, young activist whose hubris will cause the downfall of his allies at the end of the second act, teaching him a painful lesson in humility.

I suppose? If they pull that arc off that's cool. But so far he just seems "trying too hard to be edgy". The inFamous games so far have had terrible characters and weak character arcs so if that will happen and happen well I will need to see it before I assume it.

Pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Lot less interested now. Just looks like another infamous that's a bit prettier than the last and oh man this guy is a heavy and has a mini gun

jasbir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

looks like shit

Flappy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

The game looks nice, but does it feel nice? That's the burning question on my mind.

mosdl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#15  Edited By mosdl

Is there an uncompressed version available to download like the KZ devs put out? It's hard to really get a sense of how good these new games can look when YT is just horrible.

You can download a plugin that will download the pure video from youtube

jerseyscum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@artisanbreads said:

I like this a lot better than the slew of Nolan-era Batman clones off their angst medication.

Avatar image for mariachimacabre
MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#17  Edited By MariachiMacabre

People surprised that an Infamous game will play like an Infamous game? Wut?

Whatever. I'm really excited for it. I've really enjoyed the Infamous games.

Castiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#18  Edited By Castiel

Yeah Delsin seems like your typical "I'm too cool for school" vidja game character, but as long as the gameplay holds up I guess I can live with that. But I don't like his attitude or dialogue from what I have seen so far. It's way too early to say anything definite though.

But again gameplay matters the most and if that's good well then I'm good.

SomeDeliCook

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Actually this made it look really boring. Didn't get more than 2 minutes into it because he just spammed the same shotgun looking attack again and again without jumping or anything.

The original gameplay video looked way better.

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By xyzygy

I really hate that dumb attitude that these characters always have. IMO Sucker Punch was never good at characters.

Am a little surprised at how similar it looks to the other ones though, you'd think with a new protagonist you'd have like a new set of skills... also, it looks like you can just run around and spam that shotgun like move and destroy everything. Hope it's not too OP.

Darji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really want to this this Neon run in motion. I really hope we will see it in today's new trailer which will be shown at the Spike event.

SlashDance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not in love with Delsin either. It may be Troy Baker fatigue, I don't know.

JayEH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By JayEH

Is this a leak? Doesn't seem like something Sony put out

Edit: IMO this is the best looking PS4 game graphically, gameplay looks fun too.

RazielCuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

This is my desktop at the moment, man it looks so good.

Steadying

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Steadying

Looks kinda boring in my opinion.

Lava

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 8

Damn that game is looking good. Wish it was a launch title. Can't wait for it to be out!

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

Looking pretty good!

rapid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Man, it's like Saints Row IV Boss found himself into Infamous, hard to separate Troy Baker Male Voice from Troy Baker second son lol

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By ArtisanBreads

@xyzygy said:

Am a little surprised at how similar it looks to the other ones though, you'd think with a new protagonist you'd have like a new set of skills...

Apparently you can switch between a few different power sets that you acquire as the game goes on. So this "fire" type one is just one of them. I heard there was the same electricity power set that Cole had in the last games. So we will see but sounds like there will be some diversity.

OllyOxenFree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

A couple of things:

1. Yeah, the dialogue is stuck on the right audio channel in that video.

2. Does not look that impressive visually. Just some pretty particle effects.

3. Troy Baker just voice acting with his usual VA voice. I wish that it would have been different but now it's just Kanji/Saints Row dude.

MEATBALL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

@flappy said:

The game looks nice, but does it feel nice? That's the burning question on my mind.

I assume it would, at least personally that's always been one of my favourite things about InFamous, the games feel great to control and play.

Evilsbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#32  Edited By Evilsbane

Man it looks Sharp even the closeup of the hand scanner everything just looked Razor Sharp.

Darji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Darji

@artisanbreads: It is not electricity it is neon. And fire is actually smoke

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darji said:

I'll get my marketing down next time.

Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Game is lookin sharp. I wasnt a fan of the first game but the second I quite enjoyed, will definitely pick this up when it's released

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

I haven't been a fan of Delsin for a while; he comes across as a wannabe Nathan Drake, but with terrible fashion sense to only aggravate things further :P That and Troy Baker is totally Troy Baking it up with his ost generic ''young male hero'' sorta voice. Nonetheless, I love me some inFAMOUS gameplay, and this looks like it'll hopefully give me more of what I love. The addition of free-aiming definitely changes things up a fair bit, though. Wouldn't kill them to show off their force blast attack or whatever at that, if it's in there that is. It was one of my favourite powers in the first two so I damn well hope it is.

Darji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darji said:

I'll get my marketing down next time.

That is not marketing but rather their powers. Neon is different then electricity. For example the neo run same with smoke. Smoke reacts differently than fire does.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Even if it's on par with the previous two, it'll justify my PS4 purchase. But it looks like they're trying to make something even better.

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xyzygy said:

Am a little surprised at how similar it looks to the other ones though, you'd think with a new protagonist you'd have like a new set of skills...

Apparently you can switch between a few different power sets that you acquire as the game goes on. So this "fire" type one is just one of them. I heard there was the same electricity power set that Cole had in the last games. So we will see but sounds like there will be some diversity.

But what I mean is that through this whole video he was using the fire set, and even with the fire set the powers look like the electricity set but with a red filter.

SharkEthic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By SharkEthic

Guys, Guys! I don't get what's so appealing about this...

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By ArtisanBreads

@xyzygy said:

@artisanbreads said:

@xyzygy said:

But what I mean is that through this whole video he was using the fire set, and even with the fire set the powers look like the electricity set but with a red filter.

Sure I don't expect the gameplay to be that different personally.

It would be cool if there was set that radically altered things though.

In reality these games have always practically been a third person shooter in their combat.

shinboy630

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll probably pick up a PS4 when this comes out, hopefully there's a bundle.

A bundle was leaked. I think they are planning to confirm/announce it some point next week.

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Got this strong feeling that this'll be the first really awesome game I'll play on PS4...but despite that, I'm still buying the Killzone bundle in next month. But at least I'll get used to the system and have a few decent games to play through. Still hoping that some other exclusives/ big (and good) multi-platformer games will pop out before this hits in late-march, of course.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

@xyzygy said:

@artisanbreads said:

@xyzygy said:

Yah it's a shame they're scared to deviate from the formula. Even the way he jumps and moves is very similar to how the past tow games played. That said I'm sure it will be fun, but I also wish it was a more striking departure from previous inFamous titles.

Guesty_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As somebody who is currently playing through the first inFamous game for the first time, this looks great fun. Also damn it's pretty.

development

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TIL the name "Delsin" exists. I wonder what it's an anagram for.

Wait.

WAIT.

SINDEL

No Caption Provided

Hair powers confirmed.

asurastrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really enjoyed the first inFamous, hopefully this is more like that than inFamous 2.

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gameplay and presentation look amazing. Love how they strip the tedium out of vertical movement right off the bat, rather than waiting 'til mid/endgame to unlock decent vertical movement powers.

Writing still seems cringeworthy to me. Always was the achilles heel of the Infamous franchise. Oh well - I'm in it for the gameplay anyways.

Dasacant2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Dasacant2

I really hope this turns out well but the whole young rebellious teen thing kind of gets on my nerves. Still it seems better then when they revealed it with the whole "cops stopped me from protesting" and "the government is watching you're every move" things, just seemed really over dramatic for this kind of game.

I really enjoyed the first inFamous, hopefully this is more like that than inFamous 2.

I agree. Infamous is my favorite game this generation, by contrast Infamous 2 is my most disappointing game this generation, coles new powers were cool but the enemies were really annoying, the story made the previous ones pretty much pointless, and the city was a lot less fun to get around.

Pezen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Meh. Destruction always felt suspectly limited to certain structures, it makes a nice thing to demo but I think playing the game that will eventually seem odd. Character and particle effects looks very nice. Gameplay feels a bit.. been there, done that though. Not that I really fully clicked with previous inFamous games.